Homebrew Slight Issue with Univeral Inject Generator

TheApexTheater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I'm following Plailect's guide to homebrewing a 3DS, and am currently on Part 4, "Getting the OTP." As you could probably guess in the title, I'm having a small-ish problem with the Universal Inject Generator.

I followed the guide and got to the point where I have the FBI.cia and hs.app files (the latter of which I got from Decrypt9's "Health and Safety Dump") and have inserted them into the "input" subdirectory of the "Universal-Inject-Generator-Master" folder. Here's where the issue lies: When I double-click the "go.bat" file (and I'm on a Mac, using wine and winebottler to run the file. I've done this before, so I know this manner of running the go.bat file works), I get a small window with the prompt "File Not Found".

However, when I move the entire directory to the SD card and run "go.bat" from there, I get the FBI_inject_no_banner.app and the FBI_inject_with_banner.app files without any problem... Is this an issue with how I have my directories set up? Or is it a small bug in the Universal-Inject-Generator?

(To clarify...Attached is the set up on my computer's desktop, which doesn't work. When I move this directory to the SD card and run go.bat, I get the desired files)

PS: Just for future reference, can I re-use the FBI_inject_with_banner.app file? Or do I have to redo this process of using the Universal Inject Generator each time I want to download sysUpdater?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-12 at 9.57.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-12 at 9.57.14 PM.png
    89.6 KB · Views: 303
Last edited by TheApexTheater,

Mistie

Legit Furry Trash
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Open the Wine file manager and go to the location of the go.bat file and double click it. Don't use finder. Using the Wine file manager will launch it using wine's DOS prompt. This should make it work properly. There is no way to fix this for ANY .bat application. It's an issue with wine. It's trying to find the cmd program or something and since its wine it doesn't exist.

TheApexTheater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open the Wine file manager and go to the location of the go.bat file and double click it. Don't use finder. Using the Wine file manager will launch it using wine's DOS prompt. This should make it work properly. There is no way to fix this for ANY .bat application. It's an issue with wine. It's trying to find the cmd program or something and since its wine it doesn't exist.
Alright. Thank you very much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-