Gaming Skyward Sword vs Skyrim

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
is anyone else trying to play both? i started them at same time but Skyrim is winning me over. reading the posts on here i feel im missing out!

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Both.
I played Skyrim from launch, and 30+ hours over a single weekend.
Now i'm bored of it and need a break, thus Skyward Sword.

Though that's losing to Saints Row 3.

olleb

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
is anyone else trying to play both? i started them at same time but Skyrim is winning me over. reading the posts on here i feel im missing out!
they are two different games, it's like comparing chess and dungeons and dragons or apples and oranges, thay are two different kinds of entertainment, still both games. and of course i will play both. (decided to wait 4 the release to play skyward sword. playing skyrim like a fish at the moment)

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I started skyward sword first, got to where you talk to the old guy on the surface and that was it, skyrim took over and I haven't touched skyward sword since.
skyward sword will take a back seat to assassins creed and saints row 3 too

Spidey_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since I haven't finished Oblivion yet, I'm not hyped at all for Skyrim. Just finished Zelda today, 52h of overwhelmness.

JonnyPoots

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i've spent the last 22 strait hours strait playing both (alternating), neither is greater than the other. both too different / too awesome.

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well i've spent the last 22 strait hours strait playing both (alternating), neither is greater than the other. both too different / too awesome.
exactly, so dont compare get the one you want most.
how could he get the one he wants the most when he already has them both.....

took the words right out of my mouth!

theyre not that dissimilar. its not like comparing a fighting game to a racing game. they are both quest based adventure games!

the thing i find is if im stuck on SS theres not much else to do. if im stuck on skyrim i just cruise off and do something different.

i always say gameplay is more important than graphics but i did feel disapointed with the zelda graphics. id tryed to stay away from review videos so i didnt really know what to expect but feel its just too cartoony(?!).

i was hyped for saints row but now i cant see anything tearing me away from skyrim...although i suppose mindless violence like SR would be better than more questing from SS...hmmm

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skyrim. skyward sword is overrated, REALLY overrated.
Sorry, but just no...

All this doubt and stupid comments on what should be added in to Zelda such as voice acting, trying to change it to something it not and it still turn out to be love by most.
I know shouldn't be using reviews, but Ign with it hating still manage to get a 10, a 10 edge and manage to get first perfect score from Famitsu in 2011
Not saying one better than the other, but it is nowhere near overrated. Just a ridiculous comment.

As for visuals, I didn't want have every game with realistic and/or dark colors that this select group is trying to make all devs do.

Zelda SS is deem as a action-adventure game while Skyrim is a rpg.

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
personally i dont think any game should really get 10/10 as nothings ever going to be perfect

and i like the zelda feel SS retains, the fact that they dont speak + the usual chest + action sounds etc

however i think maybe i'll be jumping up and down when zelda for the U is released, i think after seeing the E3 video i expect more from a game. the cartoon effect wont stop me playing and enjoying but i will know im missing something better....

if anything both games are action RPG's!? surely?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personally i dont think any game should really get 10/10 as nothings ever going to be perfect

and i like the zelda feel SS retains, the fact that they dont speak + the usual chest + action sounds etc

however i think maybe i'll be jumping up and down when zelda for the U is released, i think after seeing the E3 video i expect more from a game. the cartoon effect wont stop me playing and enjoying but i will know im missing something better....

if anything both games are action RPG's!? surely?
10.0 - Masterpiece
The pinnacle of gaming, a masterpiece may not be flawless, but it is so exceptional that it is hard to imagine a game being better. At the time of its release, this game is the not just the best the system can offer, but better than we could have expected.
Example: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Is the way I see it.
You know, light colors doesn't have to mean cartoon.
I feel like the new Batman games feel like a cartoon. Which of course is awesome, one of my favorite games.

Not how game stop and how most (if not all) gaming sites state.

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
not just the light colors! it does seem (at the start at least) like a kids cartoon. the 3 stooges around the knight academy with their silly noises etc!

if they remade ocarina of time for the wii using m+ and wii capable graphics id give it a 10. id give SS a 9.

D

Deleted User

Both are equally amazing, However skyward sword is a lot more fun, and the story is amazing
Skyrim- Gameplay
Skyrim- Attention To detail

SS- Controls
SS- Story

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
skyrim. skyward sword is overrated, REALLY overrated.
Funny, I was going to post the exact opposite statement. Idk, I just never got the appeal of the Elder Scrolls series. I get so bored every time I try to play one
I feel the same way as you about Elder Scrolls. I've attempted to play both Morrowind and Oblivion and got bored with both of them very quickly, as I don't really care much for the Western RPG genre. However, when it comes to Zelda games I can play them all day, beat them a hundred times each, and still want more.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I started playing both around same time aswell. Skyrim has consumed me totally :) It's just so fun and there's always something to do. I mean just wander around a bit in the forest and there's tons of dungeons, cities and locations to visit. So even if you have a goal, you'll almost always sidetrack unless you really decide to ignore all the cool locations you see while being out. I never had this easy to play a Elder Scrolls game, it's just so addictive. I've caught myself playing until 4 am, having to get up for work only 4 hours later two times in a row now.

As Zelda is highly linear there's just not much to do except follow the main quest. I played the two first dungeons, on my way for the third. Maybe I'll play it some tonight.
I really love the controls, but I also hate them, because sometimes they aren't as precise as I want them to be. PS, I'm playing on my computer, not that I think the motion controls should be any different on a wii.
The main problems I find is the bug catching phases. The motion plus bugs out every now and then it seems.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I don't have a Wii, but I can tell you that my collection of 30+ 360 games have been put on the backburner for Skyrim. I have Saint's Row The Third coming in from Gamefly, so now I don't know WTF I'm gonna do...

Piebe

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I bought Oblivion a while ago but i just couldn't get into it.

To me Zelda is much more original then Skyrim.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz