Gaming Skyward Sword Texture Pack for Twilight Princess Project

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't this project already featured on Kotaku...? Or was that a different site?

Either way, this project is really awesome, and it's cool to see it shared around.

robotortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. It certainly looks a lot cleaner than TP's textures.

However, is it possible to get the shaders SS used to run on TP? The shaders were what really made that game look so great.

J

JustTheOtherGuy

Lake Hylia Progress
skyward_sword_pack_4_tp___lake_hylia_by_disbala-d6f5ngn.png
Tried to make it look more like the fall.​

Amazing work. Keep it up. No pressure though:) Everything looks so well fit to the landscape, like the game could have looked like this from the start. Except the howling stone, but thats not a big deal. This area looked particularly bad with its original textures because the whole area was "muddy textures" that people complain about with the game. Lovin the project, though.

omega59

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am amazed at how much you have completed and the high quality of textures. I hope you will provide a way to add them for Dolphin Emulator once it is released and completed :-D
I too I'm re-playing it since 8 months ago and taking my time with it. Currently I am looking for the mirror shards, and I've only collected two thus far, as I just finished the Ice/Snow level.

smoore217

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure how much uniqueness you are applying to these textures, but if you find yourself repeating specific Photoshop filters or any other full image changes like color balance or saturation, you can write a script to loop through all of the textures in the game and apply the operations in bulk. Might save you some time.

SoupaFace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forget the texture pack! How did you manage to flip the world on the Wii version of Twilight Princess to look as it does on the GameCube version?? (As you can clearly see in the Kotaku video)

robotortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RedCore, definitely play the Wii version first. It has pointing controls and widescreen support. It's only $20, too, so that's another perk. The only slight advantage to the GC one is that the camera can be controlled independently.

And omega59....wouldn't a Wind Waker HD pack be redundant as an HD remake is coming right around the corner? XD

Reactions: disbala

omega59

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RedCore, definitely play the Wii version first. It has pointing controls and widescreen support. It's only $20, too, so that's another perk. The only slight advantage to the GC one is that the camera can be controlled independently.

And omega59....wouldn't a Wind Waker HD pack be redundant as an HD remake is coming right around the corner? XD​

I agree try the original Wii version. and WW HD is not redundant as i was talking about for emulation.

disbala

The Great Deku Tree
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
“Tell me… Do you ever feel a strange sadness as dusk falls? They say it’s the only time when our world intersects with theirs… The only time we can feel the lingering regrets of spirits who have left our world. That is why loneliness always pervades the hour of twilight…”

strange_sadness_by_disbala-d6fvwe4.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: but well atleast my game tv stick can, @Psionic Roshambo