Gaming Skyward Sword Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew_DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I'm not sure if it has to me or not either =P I played it for a few hours when I first got it and then never touched it again =P Of course, I've also been pretty busy and its the kinda game you can't do in bits and pieces so that may also be why I haven't played it much =P

Skies of Arcadia is still one of my favourite RPGs =D And Zelda of course, if you count it as an RPG ;)

Supercool330

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zelda isn't really an RPG. The defining characteristic of an RPG for me is character customization, which Zelda has never really had. SS looks a little more RPG-ish thought with the whole item customization thing, which is going to fantastic.

Wow, apparently the limited edition bundle is actually fairly limited. Amazon is now sold out, and we know that SS hasn't been pre-ordering all that well. I checked with my local GameStop and they also said they couldn't do anymore LE pre-orders. If you want the LE and haven't pre-ordered it yet, I suggest you do so ASAP.

PrimeJunt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woo glad I got my Limited Edition bundle while they weren't sold out! The golden Wiimote+ will make up for the lack of golden cartridges lately. As long as there is some kind of golden plastic with my Zelda, I am happy.

aufgreifen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woo glad I got my Limited Edition bundle while they weren't sold out! The golden Wiimote+ will make up for the lack of golden cartridges lately. As long as there is some kind of golden plastic with my Zelda, I am happy.
Wait, you were expecting... a golden cartridge... for... a Wii game....? Ô_ó

Porkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's IGN's Video Preview of Skyward Sword. Got a tiny bit of new footage here, but no new info. Obviously, if you don't want anything spoiled for yourself, don't click on it, but I see no reason to spoiler the link, as it doesn't give any names of locations (Sorry about that last time). More hype!

Edit: Also, here's Gamespot's Video Preview. Same deal with IGN's preview, some new footage, no new info. Got a pretty big spoiler at the end, though.

PrimeJunt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No of course not. Just saying I miss getting something golden with my Zelda games, that's all.

aufgreifen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No of course not. Just saying I miss getting something golden with my Zelda games, that's all.
Ah, okay, my bad then xD I was almost sure something sounded awfully fishy to me there ^^

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is good to know that the enemies in SS are not dumb and easy.. ...After seeing some trailers and gameplay videos, I really thought that it could be a problem ..They all looked too predictable to me..
But after reading a piece of review from GameInformer, my worries were gone :)
Here is the part were they talk about it, if you want to read:

Skyward Sword’s combat and puzzle-solving rise above the majority of Wii releases (and even most recent Zelda games) thanks to the clever and challenging implementation of motion controls. Most Zelda titles have simplistic combat where mashing a single button turns into a frenzy of flourish-filled combos. Skyward Sword demands a much higher level of patience and mastery. The direction you swing the Wii remote directly correlates to the angle the sword slices in-game, and enemies are smart and fast enough to block incoming attacks.
I had concerns that carefully plotting my attacks for every swing would get boring or frustrating, but the opposite was true. I’ve never felt as engaged or interested in the combat portion of a Zelda game as with Skyward Sword. If you run into a group of enemies waggling the Wii remote like a madman, you will be torn to shreds. Success in swordplay depends on studying opponents’ moves and attacking at the right time and from the right angle. When the correct method to defeat each foe finally clicked, I felt a sense of satisfaction that repeatedly tapping the A button never provided.

LTK

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone else kind of swamped under with games at the moment?

I have a few games lined up to complete.

Xenoblade
Skyrim
Sonic Generations
Rune Factory: ToD
MW3
Battlefield
Gears Of War 3
Batman Arkham city

Lol, I'm almost glad I got layed off from work now.

DIEforKARMAsWING

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Xenoblade
Skyrim
Sonic Generations
MW3
Battlefield
Gears Of War 3
Batman Arkham city

Aw... I'm sorry to hear about your luck

bceagles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Xenoblade
Skyrim
Sonic Generations
MW3
Battlefield
Gears Of War 3
Batman Arkham city

Me too. Currently playing the hell out of BF3, and I STILL haven't started Kirby for some reason (and I'm the one who made the GBAtemp thread for it!). Halfway through Professor Layton and Uncharted 2 and am playing NHL '11 with the roommates a ton.

When Skyward Sword comes out/is leaked I'm dropping everything but BF3 and the occasional NHL.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Xenoblade
Skyrim
Sonic Generations
MW3
Battlefield
Gears Of War 3
Batman Arkham city

At least you've got your priorities straight.

Reactions: 1 person

Supercool330

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man I really want to play skyward sword. I hope it gets leaked soon.
@LTK: Man sorry to hear about the job. I wish you luck with finding another.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Man I really want to play skyward sword. I hope it gets leaked soon.

Me too. It's been too long since there was a proper Zelda (DS titles don't count IMO)
You are shorting yourself if you dont at least consider Phantom Hourglass. It is actually one of my favorites. I dont like touch screen controls, but I played with button hacks on a flashcart.

Supercool330

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked Phantom Hourglass, but I wasn't a big fan of Spirit Tracks. I'm sort of surprised, there are less than two weeks left until the European release, and we haven't seen any evidence of a legitimate leak. Nintendo is somehow doing a lot better on this one than their previous big title games, SMG2 got leaked like what, a month early?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What the hell was that Syl?