Not open for further replies.

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
My favorite game is OoT, but the art style was crap because Polygons age horribly. (Glad they had a remake) My favorite artsy zelda was Wind Waker by far. Everything was very cute, and open world, and very exciting and original! I hope that the 3DS gets a Winder Waker-esque game.

EDIT: I disliked TP a lot more than OoT, MM, and WW. My most hated Zelda is Zelda II...it was just too different for no good reason. My favorite handheld zelda is Seasons/Ages.

WalkerD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My favorite game is OoT, but the art style was crap because Polygons age horribly. My favorite artsy zelda was Wind Waker by far. Everything was very cute, and open world, and very exciting and original! I hope that the 3DS gets a Winder Waker-esque game.
You do realize games still use polygons right?

aufgreifen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me it's definitely ALttP, probably because it was my first Zelda game and it was sheer awesome for its time :) Since then, I've never felt that overwhelmed by a Zelda game.
Ahh, how I miss the old days and good ol' Pegasus Boots *goes dedusting SNES* xD

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
I really liked the GB(C) games (more so LA). The sprites were simple but appealing and the over-head view to me was just genius for those types of games..... maybe that's just me though :P

Reactions: 1 person

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I never really liked Majoras Mask, the mask collecting business just wasn't for me. But Ocarina of Time I love.
and I too like the gbc games (I'd even go as far to say LA is my favorite Zelda in the series)

aufgreifen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really liked the GB© games (more so LA). The sprites were simple but appealing and the over-head view to me was just genius for those types of games..... maybe that's just me though :P
Nope, not just you. I totally second that. The 2D Zeldas (even including The Minish Cap) were all awesome in their ways IMO. I liked these older ones much better than Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.
And it felt nice to still get "classic styled" games while the big consoles had moved on to 3D Zeldas. Yup... must play these ones again as well asap. *continues to plug in SNES cables*

PrimeJunt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aounuma said that the next original handheld Zelda game for the 3DS would 'take much of what has been done on previous consoles.' Makes me wonder if the days of 2D top-down Zelda are over? :(

PS - Just joined this site, what's up.

Supercool330

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome PrimeJunt.

My favorite game was definitely MM. I loved the whole 3 day thing, the depth of the side-quests was fantastic, and I loved collecting the masks.
Artistically my favorite Zelda is SS, I love the sort of impressionistic style. About half of the screen-shots I see I think must be concept art, it's beautiful.

So I have been playing the Binding of Isaac from the latest humble bundle to pass the time (when I'm not at work), and while a little bizarre, it is actually pretty fun and sort of Zelda-ish (more just dungeon crawly).
I think it would be fun to create a list of very Zelda style non-Zelda games. We'll start of with Okami, Darksiders, 3D Dot Game Heroes, and (maybe) Beyond Good and Evil. Anybody have any others?

Also congrats everybody for making it through 10 pages without this thread getting locked. Thanks for following the rules.

buckminster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okami is great but I couldn't finish it, the paintbrush mechanics became too frustrating. Very beautiful and imaginative game though.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Never tried Okami. I heard it is an amazing game that is heavily underrated.

Does anyone know of any equipment in Skyward Sword? Like swords, shields, misc items, etc. I want to know what the strongest Sword and Shield will look like.

EDIT: I hope your sword becomes more awesome (upgrades) as the game goes on because its looks you use the same sword for most of the game.

Goddess_Sword.png

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Trying to get hyped for this, but IDK. I have enough games to play this month...MW3, SM3DL, Minecraft's full release, etc.

The game hasn't really caught my attention much recently. When it was first announced, I was insanely excited. But now, IDK. The game seemed to turn into something far from what I expected. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

On a side-note, I learned how to play the main theme (Well, the trailer theme, if that's not that main theme that is) on my keyboard. :D

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The art style is very much like to a link to the past imo, only now it's in 3D. Wich is offcourse a very good thing.
A link to the past is probably my all time favourite together with the original NES game ( hard as hell , but fun ).
It seems to me that SS will have that "special" atmosphere what zelda is know for.
Just hope we don't get taken by the handall the time in the game, like the case was in TP ( made the game boring and easy )
It makes it hard to replay that one again imo.
Basicly i'm hoping for lots of "optional' things in the game, preferrably things that are still being found years later after this game is released.
Caves, Holes, secret places etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag