Gaming Skyward Sword Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man I really want to play skyward sword. I hope it gets leaked soon.

Me too. It's been too long since there was a proper Zelda (DS titles don't count IMO)
You are shorting yourself if you dont at least consider Phantom Hourglass. It is actually one of my favorites. I dont like touch screen controls, but I played with button hacks on a flashcart.

Idk, I've tried playing it but couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll try it w/ the hacked controls
I liked Phantom Hourglass, but I wasn't a big fan of Spirit Tracks. I'm sort of surprised, there are less than two weeks left until the European release, and we haven't seen any evidence of a legitimate leak. Nintendo is somehow doing a lot better on this one than their previous big title games, SMG2 got leaked like what, a month early?
Yea I'm surprised too. There is evidence that this game is at least in some peoples' hands (that one youtube video comes to mind); you'd think someone would've run cleanrip by now and leaked it.

Porkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a WiP list. You can bet there are a ton more items than that. As for the sword
there are 5 swords in this one, and like 6 or more shields. In a lot of other Zelda titles, sword upgrades don't exist. Most of the time it goes from your starting sword straight into the Master Sword. Same thing for shields. Crappy shield into the Hylian Shield, then you're set for the rest of the game.

Supercool330

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had that feeling as well several times, but remember,
there is the whole item storage thing in Skyloft,
so it seems likely that there are a number of items we haven't seen yet.

Has anybody else seen the Zelda Informer article about translating the new SS language? Mad props to those guys for figuring out the majority of the language from just a few screen shots. Link

@Porkmaster: Please remember spoiler tags, the number of swords and shields could definitely be considered spoilers.
Edit: Thanks porkmaster.

Yea I'm surprised too. There is evidence that this game is at least in some peoples' hands (that one youtube video comes to mind); you'd think someone would've run cleanrip by now and leaked it.
Which Youtube video would that be? I'm not sure I have seen it yet.

Andrew_DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That is pretty cool, both that they figured it out and that the programmers put easter eggs like that into the game =)

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which Youtube video would that be? I'm not sure I have seen it yet.

I'm pretty sure most people have seen it - http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/10/skyward-sword-leaks---wii-home-screen-menu-rumors-essentially-confirmed.html

It could very well be the demo I suppose. I wouldn't mind a leak of that either

Andrew_DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Possibly, but it takes a while to start if its the demo... think it is the proper full release =)

Supercool330

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, I hadn't seen that video, looks like it came out a while ago though, and still no leak. I want to play sooooo bad.

Andrew_DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Same =/ You know, if Nintendo offered a demo of Skyward Sword via a magazine or something like that, imagine how many copies of that magazine would have flown off the shelves by now =P

Supercool330

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a demo for the conduit that GameStop handed out before its release. Nintendo could send out demo discs with Nintendo Power and they would sell like a million copies. Hell, even if they sold the demo for like $10 a pop, or made it a pre-order bonus that would be amazingly awesome.

DIEforKARMAsWING

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a demo for the conduit that GameStop handed out before its release. Nintendo could send out demo discs with Nintendo Power and they would sell like a million copies. Hell, even if they sold the demo for like $10 a pop, or made it a pre-order bonus that would be amazingly awesome.
why market something if you know 1,000,000,000 people are going to buy it anyways

metallica48423

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I registered just to post this...

But... Does anyone else find the lack of any title screen or file select screen before the playing of the intro video on the videos linked by ZeldaInformer suspicious or questionable? Every zelda game to my knowledge has always gone to the title screen first at least before going to a video or to the game intro.

DIEforKARMAsWING

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I registered just to post this...

But... Does anyone find the lack of any title screen or file select screen before the playing of the intro video on the videos linked by ZeldaInformer suspicious or questionable? Every zelda game to my knowledge has always gone to the title screen first at least before going to a video or to the game intro.
that is a very good observation I never thought of that.

Supercool330

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The intro video was confirmed by Kotaku to play before the file select screen.
The first thing after creating a new file is the dream thing, followed by the bird waking up Link.
Link

And regardless, I would take a leak of the demo as well. It would be something to tide me over for the next couple weeks. My current plan is to read the last Inheritance book when it comes out, hopefully that will take me to the new 3DS Mario game, which should tide me over until SS (if it hasn't been leaked by then).

Teep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rumor: The.Legend.Of.Zelda.Skyward.Sword.Wii.ZRI

I can't confirm it though, google search brings up nothing. Private tracker?

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sparking zero is looking pretty good but not $70 good