Skyward Sword HD will have a $25 amiibo that unlocks new fast travel features

The upcoming release of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD on the Nintendo Switch will see more than just a fresh coat of HD paint--the game will also add in some new quality of life changes. For example, the newly-revealed Zelda and Loftwing amiibo will let players fast travel to the sky from within dungeons or while on land. In the original release of the game, fast travel mechanics were only available when you were at Bird Statues, which also acted as save points.

This wouldn't mark the first time that Nintendo has locked features behind the paywall of using amiibo; Metroid: Samus Returns on the Nintendo 3DS had a controversial reveal that an amiibo would unlock a special Fusion Mode. Nintendo hasn't made it entirely clear as to whether or not fast travel capabilities will be locked purely behind purchasing the more-expensive-than-usual $24.99 amiibo, but for now, it seems like it's exclusive to those that can scan the figure. Both The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD and the fast-travel unlocking Zelda and Loftwing amiibo will launch on July 16th.

Every legend has an origin – and soon you can follow the earliest tale in The Legend of Zelda™ timeline when the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD game launches on the Nintendo Switch™ system. The HD version of this classic adventure features enhanced performance, smoother motion controls, and newly added button-only controls. The new “Zelda & Loftwing” amiibo* will be released on July 16 to accompany the launch of the game.

Zelda_Loftwing_amiibo.jpg

The Zelda & Loftwing amiibo features two characters on a single base: Zelda as she appears in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD, and her trusty Loftwing.

In The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD, Zelda is the hero Link’s childhood friend, and is always looking out for him. Loftwings are large birds living on the floating islands of Skyloft and are ridden by the people there to travel across the skies.

Zelda_Loftwing_amiibo_screens1.jpg

Introducing the Zelda & Loftwing amiibo!

In The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD, the adventure takes place between the skies where Link and his friends reside, and the vast world of the surface that lies beneath the clouds.

Normally, you can only return from the surface to the sky by way of designated save points, but using the Zelda & Loftwing amiibo while on the surface in the game will allow you to return to the skies from anywhere on the surface, even inside dungeons.

caUnknown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

MultiKoopa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any step by step process how to do it? everytime i start emutool i get erorr: Caught exception (WebException) at GetAllAmiibos; The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

although the amiibo i was looking for, i recieved from Deobulakenyo, but i would still like to know how i can run emutool.
strange. Are you using the latest version? Did you follow the instructions on the Github page?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to pay a scalping price for this one at $46, which isn't too bad considering. it took a while to find one in a pristine box, since I collect amiibos. I want the metroid dread amiibos as well, but I missed it when they went on sale. I learned that they went on sale June 24th and 25th. the prices for them on ebay are outrageous at three times the price new ($90). I can't afford that! I'm hoping they go on sale again.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to pay a scalping price for this one at $46, which isn't too bad considering. it took a while to find one in a pristine box, since I collect amiibos. I want the metroid dread amiibos as well, but I missed it when they went on sale. I learned that they went on sale June 24th and 25th. the prices for them on ebay are outrageous at three times the price new ($90). I can't afford that! I'm hoping they go on sale again.

Don't feel bad. I lost my entire Amiibo collection about 5 years ago and all but maybe 2 were still sealed. Zero chance of starting over with some of the prices as high as they are. It still really bums me out to this day.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks. I'm sorry that happened to you. I'm missing like 20 of them, so I'd have to go through all of them to find out which ones. I thought there was some app where you could keep track of them. obviously, it requires you manually select which amiibos you have, but it lists all of them I believe. I don't know what it's called or if it's still updated though, I just vaguely remember it. I've probably spent a couple thousand on my collection, probably more, since I should have over 100 of them.

caUnknown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
strange. Are you using the latest version? Did you follow the instructions on the Github page?
everytime i open emutool i get this error: Caught exception (WebException) at GetAllAmiibos; The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

do i need to connect pc with switch (ftp etc?) while i'm using emutool? i've disabled antivirus, i've opened it with admin privileges, done every possible thing, but i always get this error.

there is no guide to how to setup emutool, it only tells how to use it after its opened

MultiKoopa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everytime i open emutool i get this error: Caught exception (WebException) at GetAllAmiibos; The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

do i need to connect pc with switch (ftp etc?) while i'm using emutool? i've disabled antivirus, i've opened it with admin privileges, done every possible thing, but i always get this error.

there is no guide to how to setup emutool, it only tells how to use it after its opened
Bizarre. But some googling revealed this, so try commenting here: https://github.com/XorTroll/emuiibo/issues/85

Reactions: caUnknown

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*