Gaming Skyward Sword Demo has leaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here, I'll just post this here for whoever wants to pick up where I left off. I'll just basically copy and paste a PM I sent earlier. Maybe I was looking in the wrong places, but I haven't found any ripped music yet, so if one of you guys want to be the first, now's your chance. Just give me some credit, I guess.

Here's the PM, and where I left off:
I used a program called VGMToolbox, the latest version (r842).

When you start it up, you'll see a bunch of categories on the left side of the window. Go to "Extraction Tools" -> "Generic" -> "Advanced Cutter/Offset". Once you're there, look for "Search String" and put ".RWAV" (without quotes) in the box. After that, look for "Extract Files" and check the box. Once you check it, a whole lot more shit opens up, so don't freak out. Look for "Output File Extension" and put ".RWAV" (again, without quotes). Afterward, look for "Output Folder". You can choose any folder for this, just remember which folder it is, and be sure that you don't mind over 600 files being dumped into it. After that, look for "Use Terminator String" and put "RBNK" (without quotes). That's it, don't touch anything else. After that, take your brsar file and click and drag it to the box under where it says "Files to Search". Once you do that, the files will begin dumping into the folder your chose to be your "Output Folder". You're done! Once that's done, all the files will be in ".RWAV" format, so you have to find your own way to play those kinds of files, because it took me hours, and I really don't feel like explaining that part.

For the record, they are all just sound effects, ambient noises, and voices, with the exception of a jingle here and there, which plays when you open a chest or get a key. I found no music in the .RWAV files.

Keep in mind that I don't think this is a perfect rip, obviously, since I can't find any of the music, but it's the farthest any of us have gone. I searched for over 12 hours for music files. It would have been a lot faster if I wasn't doing it alone, but there ya go. If they are there, then they are extremely well hidden. Or I'm retarded.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you correctly see the code in your USBLoader?
Did you correctly enabled both and created the gct file?
Enabled Ocarina + Hooktype ?

Yes
Yes
and Yes
:)

The only hooktype that gives any kind of result is OSSleepThread :/

LinkForce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The hooktype is usually always the default VI unless stated otherwise.
in USBloaderGX, it's the one used by default if you enable Ocarina but forgot to choose a Hooktype.

Did you correctly see the code in your USBLoader?
Did you correctly enabled both and created the gct file?
Enabled Ocarina + Hooktype ?
Ocarina enable, now...
What is the Hooktype?
How i turn it on?

Reactions: 1 person

lakaiskateboarding

Trophies
XP
Country
Here, I'll just post this here for whoever wants to pick up where I left off. I'll just basically copy and paste a PM I sent earlier. Maybe I was looking in the wrong places, but I haven't found any ripped music yet, so if one of you guys want to be the first, now's your chance. Just give me some credit, I guess.

When you start it up, you'll see a bunch of categories on the left side of the window. Go to "Extraction Tools" -> "Generic" -> "Advanced Cutter/Offset". Once you're there, look for "Search String" and put ".RWAV" (without quotes) in the box. After that, look for "Extract Files" and check the box. Once you check it, a whole lot more shit opens up, so don't freak out. Look for "Output File Extension" and put ".RWAV" (again, without quotes). Afterward, look for "Output Folder". You can choose any folder for this, just remember which folder it is, and be sure that you don't mind over 600 files being dumped into it. After that, look for "Use Terminator String" and put "RBNK" (without quotes). That's it, don't touch anything else. After that, take your brsar file and click and drag it to the box under where it says "Files to Search". Once you do that, the files will begin dumping into the folder your chose to be your "Output Folder". You're done! Once that's done, all the files will be in ".RWAV" format, so you have to find your own way to play those kinds of files, because it took me hours, and I really don't feel like explaining that part.

For the record, they are all just sound effects, ambient noises, and voices, with the exception of a jingle here and there, which plays when you open a chest or get a key. I found no music in the .RWAV files.

Keep in mind that I don't think this is a perfect rip, obviously, since I can't find any of the music, but it's the farthest any of us have gone. I searched for over 12 hours for music files. It would have been a lot faster if I wasn't doing it alone, but there ya go. If they are there, then they are extremely well hidden. Or I'm retarded.
Why are you in the demo thread if you have the real game?

nexusbetween

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got the codes to load however does anyone know how to activate the "walk around skyloft" code? Like how to well. Do that?

Reactions: 1 person

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are all these codes about? Do they enable you to do more things in the demo?
They disable the timer, allowing you to take your time to enjoy the parts available. Each of the 3 demos on the disc still have a set ending point however, and there isn't anything you can do about that... at least currently. Doubt anyone will spend too much additional time trying to circumvent them with the game being so close to release.

There is also a code to be able to walk around the main village of skyloft, but you can't access any of the buildings (forces the demo to end)

Hynx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OMG! I kept myself a little from playing the demo, but I couldn't hold it anymore. And I'M SO RELIEVED! The Bird flight controls, that the guy on Kotaku complained as being the lowest point in the game, doesn't look bad AT ALL to me.

I was able to control it perfectly in the demo, on every turn, speed, etc... GREAT.

I didn't played the other modes (I've spoiled myself enough for my standards), but I'm amazed so far, since what I thought would be the worst point was actually good!

Can't wait for the full leak! *_*

blopa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I go to the bird part with the Walking on Skyloft enable, but wheb I try to walk, the guy keep talking to me and I cant do nothing. What is wrong? The code isnt working?

PS: when the code is correctly loaded. 4sure

nifnor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, im back, does anyone have an idea on how i can play this game?

I have tried GX and configurable (v70).

All i get is a black screen.

falconpunch94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone had problems at the insert nunchuck screen? I can't get past it and I feel like I'm missing something /doingitwrong

Hynx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys, im back, does anyone have an idea on how i can play this game?

I have tried GX and configurable (v70).

All i get is a black screen.

I know it will be a pain in your ass to do this, but since you don't know what is the issue, download ModMii and do a fresh mod in your wii. Sure it will take like 30 minutes or so to do it, but you will be able to play with USB Loader GX for sure after this, and will stop the guessworking on your problem.

nexusbetween

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if you let the game sit for a few minutes it'll time out, even with codes. I"m not sure if the limit is still in effect if you keep playing though.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had problems at the insert nunchuck screen? I can't get past it and I feel like I'm missing something /doingitwrong

You do have a wiimote plus or a wiimotion plus installed as well right? You have to have one of those to be able to play the demo and it'll keep giving you an error about not having the right add-ons installed if you don't.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I go to the bird part with the Walking on Skyloft enable, but wheb I try to walk, the guy keep talking to me and I cant do nothing. What is wrong? The code isnt working?

PS: when the code is correctly loaded. 4sure

i got the same issue. tried changing the hooktype but no luck. i gave up, i would love to run around there, but im not going to freak out about it. for some reason when crediar releases stuff its always a bitch to get running! lol. he makes great work and his apps surpass reality but ill be damned if *NEEK/DIOS MIOS/DML had me pissed for many hours.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India

Why are you in the demo thread if you have the real game?
Now he says he doesn't have it anymore :rolleyes:

Does anyone know how to get the cheat codes working in NeoGamma R8? I'm a noob at using cheats on the Wii. What should the file name be? Where on the SD card should it be placed? What options should I select in NeoGamma to enable them?

falconpunch94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

You do have a wiimote plus or a wiimotion plus installed as well right? You have to have one of those to be able to play the demo and it'll keep giving you an error about not having the right add-ons installed if you don't.
Yeah I have the Motion Plus attachment, I just tested it in Conduit 2 and Red Steel and it works fine there, if I unplug Motion Plus it says to insert it and then when I put it in it says to insert the nunchuck, even when it's plugged in :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol