Gaming Skyward Sword Demo has leaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had problems at the insert nunchuck screen? I can't get past it and I feel like I'm missing something /doingitwrong

You do have a wiimote plus or a wiimotion plus installed as well right? You have to have one of those to be able to play the demo and it'll keep giving you an error about not having the right add-ons installed if you don't.
Yeah I have the Motion Plus attachment, I just tested it in Conduit 2 and Red Steel and it works fine there, if I unplug Motion Plus it says to insert it and then when I put it in it says to insert the nunchuck, even when it's plugged in :/
Just to be clear this is on a real wii yes? Are you trying to use the cheat codes? If so, try disabling them. If the nunchuk works with it disabled, you'll have to try changing the hook type.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have the game (and was at work until now anyway).
I'm not interested in the demo, I don't want to be spoiled.

Aha, youre just stalking around in this thread then ;)

Have anyone gotten the timelimit code to work yet?

olleb

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have looked around this thread and google for a fix, did not find anything.

the game does only go black when i am trying to start it.
my installed cios
version: v7beta1d
base:37
slot: 245
version:v7beta1d
base: 38
slot: 246
base: 53
slot: 247
base: 55
slot:248
base: 56
slot: 249
base: 57
slot: 250
base: 58
slot: 251

i have tried with configurable usb loader v70 and wiiflow r417

the game is located on a harddrive formated to wbfs.

thanks

Edit: cleaning up the spoiler 4 unwanted breaks and stuff

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked already but what's the deal with the aiming cursor and wiimote always being off as far as properly synced? I know I can aim the controller at the middle of my tv and then hit the down button on the dpad which temporarily aligns things but is this something the normal game will require as well?

Just a tad odd that it keeps needing to be managed in this way. I see the potential in the game but so far the implementation hasn't impressed me... demo or not.

falconpunch94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to be clear this is on a real wii yes? Are you trying to use the cheat codes? If so, try disabling them. If the nunchuk works with it disabled, you'll have to try changing the hook type.
I'm using a real PAL Wii, and have tried USB Loader GX and CFG, I haven't even tried using the codes yet so I'm not sure what it could be :/

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this has been asked already but what's the deal with the aiming cursor and wiimote always being off as far as properly synced? I know I can aim the controller at the middle of my tv and then hit the down button on the dpad which temporarily aligns things but is this something the normal game will require as well?

Just a tad odd that it keeps needing to be managed in this way. I see the potential in the game but so far the implementation hasn't impressed me... demo or not.

Its supposed to be a bug which is already fixed for the release.
Also keep in mind the cursor does not use IR. It just determines its position based on the angle of the wiimote.

Personally I prefer the IR method. It feels more precise. But things may have changed a lot for the release.

blopa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, so... it looks like yoi have to wait the time to end and go back to the home screen... in the "background" of the home screen you'll be able to walk in the skyloft... but you cant press A, or the game will start.

Kadin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

my installed cios
base: 37
[/p]

slot: 248

Press A and wait for it to complete, then Press A again to continue.

thanks

I'm running it via configurable usb loader v70, ios 249 w/ Block IOS Reload set to Auto, all other options set to OFF.

Also keep in mind the cursor does not use IR. It just determines its position based on the angle of the wiimote.

Personally I prefer the IR method. It feels more precise. But things may have changed a lot for the release.
Ah ok, that makes sense then. I won't let it deter me in getting the game since I've already had it preordered for a while now. Appreciate the clarification.

olleb

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

my installed cios
base: 37
[/p]

slot: 248

Press A and wait for it to complete, then Press A again to continue.

thanks

I'm running it via configurable usb loader v70, ios 249 w/ Block IOS Reload set to Auto, all other options set to OFF.

Ah ok, that makes sense then. I won't let it deter me in getting the game since I've already had it preordered for a while now. Appreciate the clarification.

thats wierd. i tried to load it in cfg usb loader with the same settings, black screen, nothing happens. :(
i would really like to try this game out!

Moeca10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No more Z-targeting enemies with Bow, Boomerang etc.? Have to aim at them manually?

I liked Z target :(

flobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
No more Z-targeting enemies with Bow, Boomerang etc.? Have to aim at them manually?

I thought the same thing. The wiimotion+ does work very well, but i'm not sure i'm very happy about the change in the end.

I play Zelda mostly to have fun, i'm not sure i'll like having to aim manually for everything or taking a much longer time to kill every single enemy.

I miss the stick forward and A attack already.

Piebe

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So i played the demo and instantly fell in love with the game. One thing i had some problems with is the use of the shield and i regret the fact that you can no longer walk and swing your sword like in Twilight Princess. I wonder why they took that out because i really liked it.

Kadin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i played the demo and instantly fell in love with the game. One thing i had some problems with is the use of the shield and i regret the fact that you can no longer walk and swing your sword like in Twilight Princess. I wonder why they took that out because i really liked it.
I'm not sure I understand. I can walk around and swing the sword in the demo...

olleb

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do you have ocarina enabled? Some of the hook-types causes the game to blackscreen.
screen, no sound
no, i dont have ocarina on. (yet, i will when i know how to get the no timelimit code work)
tried to run it with ocarina on and se if that worked, but no luck. black screen no sound.

farcry15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I thought the same thing. The wiimotion+ does work very well, but i'm not sure i'm very happy about the change in the end.

I play Zelda mostly to have fun, i'm not sure i'll like having to aim manually for everything or taking a much longer time to kill every single enemy.

what are you talking about? z targeting works...

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes, but try z-targetting then using your bow... It no longer "holds" onto the target so you can repeatedly and quickly fire without manual aiming.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country

Yes, but try z-targetting then using your bow... It no longer "holds" onto the target so you can repeatedly and quickly fire without manual aiming.
But is this just in the demo or in the final game as well?

Piebe

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm not sure I understand. I can walk around and swing the sword in the demo...
I meant you cannot cut stuff anymore while running around like in Twilight Princess, which i regret.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I forgot password consult admin