Skyrim sells over 3.5 million in 48 hours

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Hardly the sort of gamer that plays these sorts of games, but seeing it on my friends system, it sure looks amazing.

If I wasn't totally spent on other pursuits, I might check it out myself. I just normally avoid games that come with the description 70-100 of play time. I prefer games with no limit on game play duration.

But the graphics are stunning.

If you wanted to do absolutely everything like unlocking all the dragon shouts, maxing out your level, exploring every mine/cave/etc., and completing every side quest, I'm sure it would span well over 100 hours. Oblivion had about the same estimated gameplay time, and without mods I spent well over 300 hours on the game. Tons more after mods.

Reactions: 1 person

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
I get sad each time i see "gaming hours" because it reminds me a little of when i was addicted to WoW where I have played for around 4800 hours -.-.
Well TES: Skyrim get's my vote for GotY. Even though I'm a huge zelda fan. (don't even have a Wii :/)
Don't know how long it was since I last enjoyed a game as much as with Skyrim.
Bethesda really took the feeling of game freedom to a whole other level here. Don't know if Fallout 3 had more or less freedom. (only completed fallout 3 once and Skyrim so far have way more side quest than i can remember fallout had)

PS. Probably a lot of spell errors or something since I just woke up and still feel like a darn zombie ._.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I get sad each time i see "gaming hours" because it reminds me a little of when i was addicted to WoW where I have played for around 4800 hours -.-.
Well TES: Skyrim get's my vote for GotY. Even though I'm a huge zelda fan. (don't even have a Wii :/)
Don't know how long it was since I last enjoyed a game as much as with Skyrim.
Bethesda really took the feeling of game freedom to a whole other level here. Don't know if Fallout 3 had more or less freedom. (only completed fallout 3 once and Skyrim so far have way more side quest than i can remember fallout had)

PS. Probably a lot of spell errors or something since I just woke up and still feel like a darn zombie ._.
According to some peeps i know, they say the side quest is never ending.. Oh well my arugemnt was it has to end because the voice files arent unlimited

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think we can all agree that Oblivion is the bastard child of the TES series, but believe me when I say that Skyrim is the best out of them all in my opinion.

How's combat? The one thing that really turned me off from Oblivion was combat. It just felt really boring. I just find it hard for them to change it significantly in Skyrim honestly, but hopefully you'll be proving me wrong on this.
They didn't really change it as much as they could've, the combat's somewhat similar. But they got rid of the level scaling (good thing unless you're happen to wander into the wrong area), plus they added Fallout 3-style finishing moves, dual wielding, and a few perks to keep the game interesting. For example, there's a perk that increases the dagger backstabbing multiplier to 15x so you can actually play as a stealth character and assassinate people.
If you play as a mage, it got a major revamp too. Even though you can no longer create custom spells, the existing spells have improved (such as allowing you more control as you're casting it), while new spells have been added. Dual-wielding spells is fun too.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not really a surprise here, since Skyrim looks nice. Just received my Oblivion GOTY and perhaps will keep playing that for a while. Never actually liked Morrowind, but Fallout3 was the boss. If Skyrim is anywhere near what FO3 was, I'll probably keep myself occupied for a few months with that.

-Qtis

ps. MW3 will win a lot of GOTY awards. Regardless of wether you like it or not, the game sold like it was the last game to be ever released and you just had to buy it.. Skyrim and many others will win GOTY too, but you just cannot deny facts regarding units sold and shishl..

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My brother was stupid enough to buy MW3 and he regrets it deeply. The main campaign we each beat on the hardest settings after 3 hours. Multiplayer like the last games suck because of the 12 year old brats. No Zombies to save it, but there is the new survival mode. The Smode is like zombies w/o the zombies.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Multiplayer like the last games suck because of the 12 year old brats.

>Ability to turn voice chat off.
>Problem solved.

If you're gonna complain about the game's multiplayer, don't complain about something that can be fixed with a few clicks. It's like complaining that the controls are too unresponsive because you're too much of a dunce to adjust the sensitivity for yourself.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I had this game pre-ordered for pc... So far I've been playing every day for a couple of hours, the difficulty lvl is reasonable, well, when the boss is too though I just go werewolf and kick their asses. >3
Oblivion was good, but didn't quite meet my fancy, so far I'm really enjoying this game, still trying to figure out how to get smithing lvl up to 100 tho. =3
The only thing I don't like in the game is how stupid Lydia is, she keeps blocking my way whenever I'm in dungeons or at home.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty are you a family guy fan?\