Skyrim sells over 3.5 million in 48 hours

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
I was really really tempted to buy this today, with a little extra taken off at work..but i've already pre-ordered the special edition of Skyward Sword and I'm going to be buying SM3D Land on Friday..which leaves to a pretty burnt out pocket...plus I've never played Oblivion, so I've borrowed the PS3 version off my bro - pretty cool so far..robbed a horse without realising lol.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This just got old for me. Its a lot of fetch quests and I found travelling to be the biggest turn off with this game and it seemed like it was too easy to level up. Even though Dead Island was a lot of fetch quests it still had that certain something that kept me playing until I finished. Maybe its because I'm not into fantasy, I mean Zelda I can happily play to the end as it has a certain charm but Elder Scroll games I just lose interest after a week.

Still I'm glad its doing well, its really well made and yeah there are some bugs they're not very noticeable though I've only put 15 hours into the game so of course probably not scratched what is supposed to be wrong.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
This just got old for me. Its a lot of fetch quests and I found travelling to be the biggest turn off with this game and it seemed like it was too easy to level up. Even though Dead Island was a lot of fetch quests it still had that certain something that kept me playing until I finished. Maybe its because I'm not into fantasy, I mean Zelda I can happily play to the end as it has a certain charm but Elder Scroll games I just lose interest after a week.

Still I'm glad its doing well, its really well made and yeah there are some bugs they're not very noticeable though I've only put 15 hours into the game so of course probably not scratched what is supposed to be wrong.
Traveling to the main cities is easy. Traveling from the main ciities to the location you desire is tiresome :S werewolf ftw

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
G6LNx.jpg

Impressive.
Not surprised though, from what I've seen it's amazing :D

Why can't we just respect each other's opinions Godammit!!!???

skyward sword fanboys are everywhere even in Skyrim topics
Also the CoD fanboy.
I really dislike call of duty, I was clearly trolling.
it was kind of obvious :P

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hopefully the PC sales are enough to warrant the next Bethesda RPG's on the PC! I've read Steam sold 280k copies in the first 48 hours digitally, but surely that must rise quite a bit when you take all the retail sales and pre-orders in consideration.

Reactions: 1 person

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember when somebody on here was angry that Skyrim was leaked because of how much it would hurt Bethesda. Looking at these numbers... ha.

From what I've heard, it's a great game, so I am glad that it is doing well. I'm looking forward to picking it up.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbh, the game seem like a lot fun from what I see and hope this pushes steam and/or the game onto another system.
By that you mean "I'LL ONLY PLAY IT IF IT'S ON THE WII U"

You can't go to any HD game thread without KingVamp saying it has to be on the Wii U.

I really wasn't interested at first, I tried Oblivion and never enjoyed it as much as Fallout 3. People are saying this is a lot better though and cuts all the crap out of Oblivion. It might just make my Christmas list.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Tbh, the game seem like a lot fun from what I see and hope this pushes steam and/or the game onto another system.
By that you mean "I'LL ONLY PLAY IT IF IT'S ON THE WII U"

You can't go to any HD game thread without KingVamp saying it has to be on the Wii U.

I really wasn't interested at first, I tried Oblivion and never enjoyed it as much as Fallout 3. People are saying this is a lot better though and cuts all the crap out of Oblivion. It might just make my Christmas list.

I think we can all agree that Oblivion is the bastard child of the TES series, but believe me when I say that Skyrim is the best out of them all in my opinion.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we can all agree that Oblivion is the bastard child of the TES series, but believe me when I say that Skyrim is the best out of them all in my opinion.

How's combat? The one thing that really turned me off from Oblivion was combat. It just felt really boring. I just find it hard for them to change it significantly in Skyrim honestly, but hopefully you'll be proving me wrong on this.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

How's combat? The one thing that really turned me off from Oblivion was combat. It just felt really boring. I just find it hard for them to change it significantly in Skyrim honestly, but hopefully you'll be proving me wrong on this.
Ehhh. It looks similiar to me, but I've played Oblivion for just a few hours, so I dunno exactly. Actually combat still feels boring to me (charge attack - mash buttons - rinse 'n' repeat), but I have to admit there's actually some depth to it, with various different moves, and strategic blocking. Can't say that I use that, since I'm a two-handed user and I usually just go full-rage on whatever I encounter :creep:

Too bad I'm getting my back handed over to me far too often from enemies, lately :P

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ehhh. It looks similiar to me, but I've played Oblivion for just a few hours, so I dunno exactly. Actually combat still feels boring to me (charge attack - mash buttons - rinse 'n' repeat), but I have to admit there's actually some depth to it, with various different moves, and strategic blocking. Can't say that I use that, since I'm a two-handed user and I usually just go full-rage on whatever I encounter :creep:

Too bad I'm getting my back handed over to me far too often from enemies, lately :P

Oblivion combat for me was basically either hit - hit - block, repeat that a thousand times, or strafe like a boss and slap them with your steel. So if it's not that I'll be happy. It's mainly why I enjoyed Fallout 3 so much more, since it basically had sorta-FPS combat (plus with that perk that refills your VATS after a kill with it, it basically became turn based, except every turn was my turn).

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oblivion combat for me was basically either hit - hit - block, repeat that a thousand times, or strafe like a boss and slap them with your steel. So if it's not that I'll be happy. It's mainly why I enjoyed Fallout 3 so much more, since it basically had sorta-FPS combat (plus with that perk that refills your VATS after a kill with it, it basically became turn based, except every turn was my turn).
except you required vats for everything as the actual FPS part (not using vats) was horrible and inaccurate
the only part when I never use vats was when I use the fire sword

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Turn on highest difficult. Run daggers only. Sneak kills only. Have fun... Metal Gear Solid B-)

EDIT: And doing killing blows is awesome too. Seeing their head getting cut off is kewl

Reactions: 1 person

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Hopefully the PC sales are enough to warrant the next Bethesda RPG's on the PC! I've read Steam sold 280k copies in the first 48 hours digitally, but surely that must rise quite a bit when you take all the retail sales and pre-orders in consideration.
i'm pretty sure it's 280k simultaneous people playing the game, but that doesn't mean they ONLY sold 280k copies.
I'd imagine it's a lot more...

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hardly the sort of gamer that plays these sorts of games, but seeing it on my friends system, it sure looks amazing.

If I wasn't totally spent on other pursuits, I might check it out myself. I just normally avoid games that come with the description 70-100 of play time. I prefer games with no limit on game play duration.

But the graphics are stunning.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.