ROM Hack Discussion Skyrim Mods that I can confirm are working

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got Sindri's Tomb to work after converting it with the tools. This is a nice mod, and a good dungeon too.

Also Tristan's Shack, but some of the textures are not working

Last edited by wicksand420,
Reactions: mranonymous

Sm0k3r83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mods ive managed to merge and convert and run on Skyrim Switch
Ars Metallica
Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask Moon
Stones of Barenziah Quest Marker
KS Hairdo Lite
Breezehome by Lupus
UPN Female Body Renewal
Sexy Vanilla Female Armor for UNP and SevenBase with BB
Epona - Zelda Themed Standalone Horse
Windfall Island From The Legend Of Zelda The Windwaker
Gorons- Mihail Monsters and Animals
The Eyes of Beauty
Schlongs of Skyrim
Mrissi Tail of Trouble
Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul
Bowsette Follower
Flower Girls for Skyrim
Relics of Hyrule
Classic Zelda music for Skyrim
plus others i have merged but cant remember

I have all the mods loaded at once by merging most of them together. Game seems to run just fine. Maybe a little slower loading times but all in all i think it runs pretty well for what i have loaded

Last edited by Sm0k3r83,

mranonymous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mods ive managed to merge and convert and run on Skyrim Switch
Ars Metallica
Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask Moon
Stones of Barenziah Quest Marker
KS Hairdo Lite
Breezehome by Lupus
UPN Female Body Renewal
Sexy Vanilla Female Armor for UNP and SevenBase with BB
Epona - Zelda Themed Standalone Horse
Windfall Island From The Legend Of Zelda The Windwaker
Gorons- Mihail Monsters and Animals
The Eyes of Beauty
Schlongs of Skyrim
Mrissi Tail of Trouble
Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul
Bowsette Follower
Flower Girls for Skyrim
Relics of Hyrule
Classic Zelda music for Skyrim
plus others i have merged but cant remember

I have all the mods loaded at once by merging most of them together. Game seems to run just fine. Maybe a little slower loading times but all in all i think it runs pretty well for what i have loaded

Thank you for this info! I will add these to the list.

May I ask which method you are using to merge them?

I was able to merge a couple mods with the Merge Plugins program, but there are a couple things I do not like about this method. The first thing I don't like is that you need to install the mods for the PC version first so that Merge Plugins recognizes them, which can be a pain. And second, a LOT of the mod combinations I try give me errors, or they do not seem to merge properly. In short, I just gave up on merging for Switch, but I would love to know about a more reliable method.

Could you explain your method of merging the plugins for Switch? Thanks in advance

Reactions: ShadoGiow

rodan100919

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for this info! I will add these to the list.

May I ask which method you are using to merge them?

I was able to merge a couple mods with the Merge Plugins program, but there are a couple things I do not like about this method. The first thing I don't like is that you need to install the mods for the PC version first so that Merge Plugins recognizes them, which can be a pain. And second, a LOT of the mod combinations I try give me errors, or they do not seem to merge properly. In short, I just gave up on merging for Switch, but I would love to know about a more reliable method.

Could you explain your method of merging the plugins for Switch? Thanks in advance

Seconded. Plus many of those have their own textures. I'd like to know if/how you converted them to work on switch. Thanks for the info.

mranonymous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an update for those interested. I converted and installed the Enhanced Lights and FX mod for Switch, and it seemed to work really well at first. However, whenever I would go inside of a building (the Winking Skeever in Solitude this case), there were these cube/box model glitch everywhere there was a light. I believe it’s wherever candles are at.

Now, there is a good chance that this could be due to other mods, as I threw ELFX in mid game. I’ll be experimenting with it. I’m sure there is a way to get everything working. But if anyone tries this mod and has any luck, please let me know. Thanks

Last edited by mranonymous,

ShadoGiow

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are you sure that the "Sexy Vanilla Female Armor for UNP and SevenBase with BB" works? In my case it shows the modded version for the clothes dropped on the ground or in preview in the menu, but equipped it show me the vanilla version

mranonymous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To anyone interested, I added a Tips section at the bottom of my original post. This should address a lot of common questions, and I will try to updated it with new info.

Reactions: ShadoGiow

dataslanger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found "The Great Cities" to crash; at least, the one town I tried - Winterhold - crashed as I started to walk around in it. This was during the middle of a game from a save inside a tavern in the city, and I walked out to briefly see the remodeled city and then a crash. I will investigate it further.

mranonymous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found "The Great Cities" to crash; at least, the one town I tried - Winterhold - crashed as I started to walk around in it. This was during the middle of a game from a save inside a tavern in the city, and I walked out to briefly see the remodeled city and then a crash. I will investigate it further.

I was so close to installing this mod yesterday. Sad to hear it caused a crash. Did you have any other mods installed, or did you remove any mods previously on that save?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Update: I tried a new mod set on a brand new save, and experienced a lot of crashes around Whiterun. The new mod set added "Vivid Weathers", "Skyrim Underground" and "Legacy of the Dragonborn" to 7 other mods which worked perfectly before. I replaced Vivid Weathers and Legacy of the Dragonborn with A Quality World Map and Skyrim Unbound, and everything is working flawlessly.

I have a feeling that Vivid Weathers doesn't go well with Legacy of the Dragonborn, because Vivid worked well before this. I am still interested to know if Legacy would work well on its own.

Reactions: dataslanger

dataslanger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was so close to installing this mod yesterday. Sad to hear it caused a crash. Did you have any other mods installed, or did you remove any mods previously on that save?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Update: I tried a new mod set on a brand new save, and experienced a lot of crashes around Whiterun. The new mod set added "Vivid Weathers", "Skyrim Underground" and "Legacy of the Dragonborn" to 7 other mods which worked perfectly before. I replaced Vivid Weathers and Legacy of the Dragonborn with A Quality World Map and Skyrim Unbound, and everything is working flawlessly.

I have a feeling that Vivid Weathers doesn't go well with Legacy of the Dragonborn, because Vivid worked well before this. I am still interested to know if Legacy would work well on its own.

Looking like Vivid Weathers is causing problems with me as well. I will change them around. I am getting crashes on my current set that includes Vivid Weathers and will try without it.

Regarding the Great Cities mod, it was Great Cities only; nothing else.

UPDATE: Vivid Weathers is causing crashes when entering some locations such as dungeons. I crashed when entering the Nightingale Hall; I then unloaded ONLY the Vivid Weathers, re-entered, and all is well. Not sure what's wrong with Vivid Weathers.

Last edited by dataslanger,

mranonymous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking like Vivid Weathers is causing problems with me as well. I will change them around. I am getting crashes on my current set that includes Vivid Weathers and will try without it.

Regarding the Great Cities mod, it was Great Cities only; nothing else.

UPDATE: Vivid Weathers is causing crashes when entering some locations such as dungeons. I crashed when entering the Nightingale Hall; I then unloaded ONLY the Vivid Weathers, re-entered, and all is well. Not sure what's wrong with Vivid Weathers.

Very good to know this, as it pretty much confirms that my crashes were likely due to Vivid Weathers.

My best guess is that, because Vivid Weathers affects pretty much everything about the game and is not area-specific, it may just be too much of a load on the Switch. I think Skyrim vanilla is already hard on the Switch by itself, so maybe Vivid Weathers just puts things over the top.

I’ve updated my original post and put Vivid Weathers under the “Causes issues” category.

ShadoGiow

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys when i try to merge multiple .esp file the game start normally, but many mods dont work anymore. Where i got wrong? The .bsa files written in the skirim.ini need a rename or i should keep the old name of the unmerged plugin?

es. i''ve named the new merge: supermerge.esp
in the skirim.ini, in the 10 slot for the mod i've written supermerge.esp in the first column, and in the MESHES columns and TEXTURE etc etc column i keeped the old .bsa file, like: Hothtrooper44_Armor - Meshes.bsa, Immersive Weapons.bsa

Last edited by ShadoGiow,

mranonymous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys when i try to merge multiple .esp file the game start normally, but many mods dont work anymore. Where i got wrong? The .bsa files written in the skirim.ini need a rename or i should keep the old name of the unmerged plugin?

es. i''ve named the new merge: supermerge.esp
in the skirim.ini, in the 10 slot for the mod i've written supermerge.esp in the first column, and in the MESHES columns and TEXTURE etc etc column i keeped the old .bsa file, like: Hothtrooper44_Armor - Meshes.bsa, Immersive Weapons.bsa

I'll try to give you an example of how it works:

Someone on Nexus merged together 2 mods - "Immersive Patrols" and "Companions and Followers" with the Merge Plugins program to create the "Immersive Travelers" mod. The merging process in this case created a new ESP, a new Textures BSA, and a new Merges BSA. In the INI file, you should use these newly created BSA files and not the original unmerged ones.

So in other words, you would use "Immersive Travelers - Textures.bsa" and "Immersive Travelers - Meshes.bsa" in your Data folder and in your INI.

Please note that some mods just don't seem to merge well, so this may be the issue.

dataslanger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very good to know this, as it pretty much confirms that my crashes were likely due to Vivid Weathers.

My best guess is that, because Vivid Weathers affects pretty much everything about the game and is not area-specific, it may just be too much of a load on the Switch. I think Skyrim vanilla is already hard on the Switch by itself, so maybe Vivid Weathers just puts things over the top.

I’ve updated my original post and put Vivid Weathers under the “Causes issues” category.

To confirm it for sure, I read your Vivid Weathers crash report on the O.P. and you state you had problems in Whiterun; I had it there, in Winterhold, when entering some random buildings, and Nightingale Hall. I wonder if some of these other extreme texture overhauls are going to cause issues as well? I'm looking into some of the more undocumented INI file directives for things related to memory. Knowing absolutely nothing about the way the internals of the software work, there are different ways to access these mods/textures without fully loading them into memory and instead seek them in the file, which may be slow a bit from SD CARD but if it's supported somewhere in Skyrim it may help with memory load. I only mention this because I see the INI settings relating to memory cache/pre-loads and whatnot, and others that have found some other memory related stuff, threading, etc. (who knows how this translates to the Switch though)

Thanks for all your testing, I'm testing as well. You may want to alter the OP to include things about load order. For instance I was having issue with the 'BBB" (breast butt bounce etc), UNP Female, etc. mods that required XP32 Max Skeleton. The breasts were stretched out like Mario's nose in a 7 year old's hands in Mario 64 splash screen, the butt/thighs/hips were mutilated, etc. It turns out that XP32 MS needed to be loaded AFTER all of the BBB mods, the breathing mod, the beautiful eyes mod, the female body overhaul, 'Schlongs of Skyrim', etc. I still am not familiar with the load order rules but I was told it should be the more complex things to the least, but this can't be entirely right (and, that isn't accounting for the type of mod).

Anyway, test on everyone. Maybe we can each have an authoritative post where we put the results of our tests building on the main, and you incorporate that in, load order details included.

Regards

dataslanger

Last edited by dataslanger,

ShadoGiow

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll try to give you an example of how it works:

Someone on Nexus merged together 2 mods - "Immersive Patrols" and "Companions and Followers" with the Merge Plugins program to create the "Immersive Travelers" mod. The merging process in this case created a new ESP, a new Textures BSA, and a new Merges BSA. In the INI file, you should use these newly created BSA files and not the original unmerged ones.

So in other words, you would use "Immersive Travelers - Textures.bsa" and "Immersive Travelers - Meshes.bsa" in your Data folder and in your INI.

Please note that some mods just don't seem to merge well, so this may be the issue.
Ok so, i tried to merge the .bsa files with merge plugin standalone version, but the program simply extract all the bsa in folders with meshes, texture, etc.. i’m Getting angry, I always have a problem with this modding story ahahah anyway thanks for the info, I will try others option

Last edited by ShadoGiow,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo