HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
e4kt_e2f_u7l3l.png
Your questions answered on THIS BLOG!​

Okay, so my son is getting Skylanders on PS3 for Christmas. I'm getting it on 3DS. Both the PS3 and 3DS portals work on the Wii, and I have a WODE (which means I technically have a working Wii version as well). I've had a chance to play around with it all, but I'm going to go a step further and put together a video blog about the game(s) here. This topic will serve as a collection for the questions you may have. I'll pull questions out of this topic, answer with a video blog, and (try my best to) update on a weekly basis! So, lets start collecting questions so I have some work to do after Christmas! ^_^

Feel free to ask questions about any version of the game, even the web version. I can quickly find information on the PS3, 3DS, and Wii versions, as I have them. XBox version I have some information from the web. PC version I can't really do right now, but that may change in the future. (I can still answer questions based on the information I find online, however.) Web version I will be playing after Christmas.

So, ask away!

llyenn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the 3ds version for my son, and he also has a softmodded wii (not sure on cIOS revs and what not) but I can't get the 3ds portal to work right, and everyone says that it works. Any tips on making it work? Thanks, and hopefully these are the questions you were looking for.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. Well, I'm working on putting together the first episode. The parts in [brackets] are mainly timings for me. Here's what I was thinking of covering so far (within YouTube's worthless 15 minute cap):

3DS "Unboxing" (Its already unboxed.)
[Max - 5 minutes.]
-Showing figures.
-Showing Portal and its details.
-Showing USB cable.
-Explaining the cards and stickers.

3DS Demonstration (Please keep in mind that my camera is out dated and cannot provide the best picture. The demo will mainly be showing gameplay and interaction, not detail of graphics.)
[Max - 6 Minutes]
-Showing a bit of the gameplay.
-Explaining Portal transfer and toy updating.

3DS Portal compatibility - Thanks, Ilyenn
[Max - 4 Minutes]
-Connection to the Wii, and showing it working in gameplay.
-Connection to the PS3, and showing it working in gameplay.
-(If time allows) Showing connection to PC with quick intro to web game (since I don't have a computer that can run the PC version).

What do you guys think? Also, does anybody know how to get over that 15 minute cap on YouTube? If there a request process or what?
EDIT: Just had to link to my cell to remove time restrictions. Better videos ahoy!

In a quick answer to gamecaptor, I unfortunately do not know when the next wave comes out. Sorry. Can't wait though, because we don't have a Target, making Sonic Boom the only Air type available to me, and they're always sold out! (I could get the triple pack, but I really don't need another Stealth Elf.)

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember when spyro used to be cool on PS1
now its been turned into this :wtf:
This game could've been great if it didn't require those stupid toys.

These comments aren't necessary. It really isn't a bad game, and since I have kids the concept appeals to me as a reward system for them.

Also, first episode is up. Hope you enjoy! Keep questions coming! Next I'm going to show off the PS3 version (which is the same as the Wii, XBox360, and PC version). Any questions asked between now and then will be in the next episode.

3DPiper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to reset a character?

Also, I saw this was the upcoming release list.. True?

January: Slam Bam(adventure pack), Double Trouble (single), Double Trouble/Whirlwind/Drill Sergeant (triple pack) and Cynder

Easter: Sunburn (adventure pack), Lightning Rod, Zook (all single pack), Lightning Rod/Cynder/Zook (triple pack)

June: Ignitor (single pack), Camo (single pack) and Warnado (single pack). Ignitor/Camo/Warnado (triple pack).

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to reset a character?

Also, I saw this was the upcoming release list.. True?

January: Slam Bam(adventure pack), Double Trouble (single), Double Trouble/Whirlwind/Drill Sergeant (triple pack) and Cynder

Easter: Sunburn (adventure pack), Lightning Rod, Zook (all single pack), Lightning Rod/Cynder/Zook (triple pack)

June: Ignitor (single pack), Camo (single pack) and Warnado (single pack). Ignitor/Camo/Warnado (triple pack).

To reset a character (which I will demonstrate in my next video), you access the character information in the console versions. (Pressing Select on the PS3, for example.) Here, you can view the character's stats, abilities, and manage them. In the manage tab in this menu, you can input a nickname for your specific toy, change or remove hats, view the web code for the web game that updates their console status, change the ownership of the toy (which removes nickname), and reset the character back to Level 1, clearing nickname, ownership, and abilities.

I don't know if that's the upcoming releases or not, but I really hope they are. A triple pack with Double Trouble, Whirlwind, and Drill Sergeant would be awesome. I'm having enough trouble trying to find Sonic Boom where I'm at, and that's currently the only available Air type to me (since I don't have a Target nearby).

3DPiper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just picked up the SlamBam Empire of Ice Adventure pack from WalMart..!

On the back it says Sunburn Dragon's Peak Adventure pack is also available.. I'm looking for it now..

Mentalpen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can anyone tell me where you get to use Pirate Seas Adventure Pack in simple terms, i've read it is in the ruins but no idea where that is as its the kids playing not me, also they have darklight crypt adventure cript, where do they use the cript to open the adventure please?

*****NOTE******

EDIT: I just found them, they are right at the beggining of the game, top left for the cript and down the stairs to habour (obviously) for the pirate ship. They are only 8 and 4.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently loving the game. I've got a couple characters maxed and fully upgraded already. I've also just collected the Eternal Undead Source. Next episode on the blog will be an intro to the Web version, with the episode following it covering the multiplayer aspect of it. After that I'll move back to the console version, and maybe include some character breakdowns.

@[member='3DPiper'], awesome getting the Empire of Ice. I've only seen it at my WalMart, and it was gone a couple hours later. I don't have the money right now anyway. >.< Don't get paid until Monday, and I've got bigger priorities than expanding our collection (unfortunately).

@[member='Mentalpants'], yup, you found 'em. Lol. Took me a little bit to find the Crypt too, since the cutscene for it shows it popping up right in the middle of everything. Darklight Crypt is a bit tough, but Pirate Seas was a lot of fun. Just be prepared to be a little annoyed with the card game voice overs. Its repetative.

3DPiper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Our Walmart just had a massive restocking of single packs!

This morning I picked up Cynder, Drill Seargent, Double Trouble, and Whirlwind..

I almost bought these on Ebay (in fact I had been bidding), thank goodness I didn't win any..

They also had ChopChop and Flameslinger, but I already had them..

No sign of the Sunburn Dragon's Peak Adventure pack yet..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging