Hacking Sky3DS released a new card - no limit for games.

JimBonza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I gave the documentation a quick read through, can someone explain a few things to me:

Do I have to run this tool on every ROM I want to put on to the card, do I not have to do that on the new "blue button" Sky3DS?
Or is this tool just a one time thing, do blue button users ever need to run it?

Thanks.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
They didnt drop the support. They just make sure the new customers get the right stuff right away. Nothing wrong with it.
i think you missed the point....every time the add a feature or improve it, the card is just replaced for a new version.....i mean this kinda shows they had no intention from the offset to make the card itself update-able.........look as i have said its all good, some users like that kind of stuff i suppose :P, i don't care at all what card people buy, but im just saying for the people who think sky3ds will last forever....just be careful running updates all the same, no emulation is ever perfect and i doubt nintendo will just not try and block this, and once its blocked lets just say sky3ds can improve their emulation code.....do you think they would supply an update or just ship a new revision with a new coloured button :P

Silentsurvivor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is nice. I like options. Hopefully it gets cheaper and cheaper, it's a solid option right now.

We still have to know how it'll fare in the future if it gets blocked or not.

Reactions: SLiV3R

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i think you missed the point....every time the add a feature or improve it, the card is just replaced for a new version.....i mean this kinda shows they had no intention from the offset to make the card itself update-able.........look as i have said its all good, some users like that kind of stuff i suppose :P, i don't care at all what card people buy, but im just saying for the people who think sky3ds will last forever....just be careful running updates all the same, no emulation is ever perfect and i doubt nintendo will just not try and block this, and once its blocked lets just say sky3ds can improve their emulation code.....do you think they would supply an update or just ship a new revision with a new coloured button :P
I understand your point of view, but those are design choice they have made. I do not go by the standard of guilty until proven.
So far they havent screw up any customers. They added instruction to help consumers with old flashcart to get rid of the 10 game limit.
They have elaborate what the card does and how. They havent made any fake promised so far.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I gave the documentation a quick read through, can someone explain a few things to me:

Do I have to run this tool on every ROM I want to put on to the card, do I not have to do that on the new "blue button" Sky3DS?
Or is this tool just a one time thing, do blue button users ever need to run it?

Thanks.

run the tool with every rom you wanna put. no need to run tool for blue button Sky3DS

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I understand your point of view, but those are design choice they have made. I do not go by the standard of guilty until proven.
So far they havent screw up any customers. They added instruction to help consumers with old flashcart to get rid of the 10 game limit.
They have elaborate what the card does and how. They havent made any fake promised so far.
no but this is all i was saying, basically the card work sure, and yeah it does have its advantages....im sure it will be much harder for nintendo to block.....but not impossible like many people are assuming.....basically i was just pointing out that needing a revision rather than doing a update kinda suggests they have not factored in any sort of updatability into their design

Reactions: Arithmatics

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
All it need now is RegionFree. But that can be added with the Homebrew Launcher. Cuz you can install it then Update the 3DS to 9.3 and youll have FreeGames via Sky3DS and homebrew and RegionFree with HomebrewLauncher. Or when u update ur 3DS to 9.3 it find and delete the HomebrewLauncher?

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
All it need now is RegionFree. But that can be added with the Homebrew Launcher. Cuz you can install it then Update the 3DS to 9.3 and youll have FreeGames via Sky3DS and homebrew and RegionFree with HomebrewLauncher. Or when u update ur 3DS to 9.3 it find and delete the HomebrewLauncher?

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

Most likely it will delete homebrewlauncher because cubic ninja is patched if I'm not mistaken

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah but I was saying that you can Install it on lower version then update. After you install it you dont need the game anymore.
no the homebrew launcher needs you to run cubic ninja every time to launch it, so no to use cubic ninja and its theoretical region free ability you would pretty much be stuck on 9.2 or lower

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
From what I understood - they thought that they had to hold the game saves on a chip, but seeing as though it is possible to save them on the micro SD card(found via the Sky3DScTool.exe) they probably released a new card that automatically creates the game saves on the micro SD.
If this true then can Save Editing be done? For example Pokemon X&Y with PKHex?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol