Hacking Sky3DS released a new card - no limit for games.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand your point of view, but those are design choice they have made. I do not go by the standard of guilty until proven.
So far they havent screw up any customers. They added instruction to help consumers with old flashcart to get rid of the 10 game limit.
They have elaborate what the card does and how. They havent made any fake promised so far.

Instructions and tools that weren't there development to begin with, sad that they didn't give credit where it was due. Or maybe it was a team member who released it.

Deleted member 357656

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If I understood right, they ripped off some customers with the 10-games-ever limit intentionally, then release a new batch of cards without limit?
Mind blown.

Edit: Brah, I guess I seemed too serious, but I wasn't, even if my nickname suggest otherwise.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I understood right, they ripped off some customers with the 10-games-ever limit intentionally, then release a new batch of cards without limit?
Mind blown.

Yes, but the thing is that there were no other teams, at the time of there release, capable of having support for 9.2. So they took advantage of it, or gambled for the moment, and added the limit. Once GW posted up that they had a release and had a video they new they had to change there game plan. Its still a mystery as to how sky3ds works.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yes, when they got called out on their bullshit. They even admitted the first version can run more than 10 games. The limit was totally arbitrary.

slowmotioning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mind blown.

You misunderstood. They never once lied about the 10 game limit; anyone who did their research would've known about the limit.
Someone else figured out a way to circumvent the limit and now they've released a new batch of cards that doesn't require any circumvention at all.

It was a business decision they made. There's nothing shady about what they did. Saying it was "greedy" is one thing, but implying they did something shady or underhanded is unwarranted.

Sure, the people who opted for the 10-game limit Sky3DS may feel slighted now, but they knew (or should have known) what they were buying. Besides, you can get around the limit safely by using the program that was made publicly available a couple of days ago.

Deleted member 357656

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You misunderstood. They never once lied about the 10 game limit; anyone who did their research would've known about the limit.
Someone else figured out a way to circumvent the limit and now they've released a new batch of cards that doesn't require any circumvention at all.

It was a business decision they made. There's nothing shady about what they did. Saying it was "greedy" is one thing, but implying they did something shady or underhanded is unwarranted.

Sure, the people who opted for the 10-game limit Sky3DS may feel slighted now, but they knew (or should have known) what they were buying. Besides, you can get around the limit safely by using the program that was made publicly available a couple of days ago.

I perfectly know they never hidden this fact. :rolleyes:

Reactions: kyogre123

DSlite2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mind blown.

Well considering they link to a tool to unlock the limit on the older devices, I'd say that was never their intention. I think they just listened to the feedback from the community and gave them what they wanted, no game limit.

I remember a time when Gateway first came out and only offered 1:1 support per microSD card... and now look at how far along they have come in that year and a half period. Give Sky3DS team a break and be happy to see them supporting their card and the community. Who knows how far along Sky3DS will come by this time next year, or the year after that.

Reactions: SLiV3R

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well considering they link to a tool to unlock the limit on the older devices, I'd say that was never their intention. I think they just listened to the feedback from the community and gave them what they wanted, no game limit.
Or maybe they only did it to save face once the cat was out of the bag.

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be picking up one of these for a younger cousin. The ease of use is too much to pass up.
I was thinking the same thing for my 8 year old daughter. I just can't justify spending that much money right now. If they brought the price down more in line with the gw price it would be a no-brainer for me.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I was thinking the same thing for my 8 year old daughter. I just can't justify spending that much money right now. If they brought the price down more in line with the gw price it would be a no-brainer for me.

-snip- forgot that you were talking about the new blue button cart. my comment rendered mute.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So can I get a list of homebrew that was working during the 4.5 era?

No homebrew was made while 4.5 was the latest firmware. It took a lot of time to get stuff figure out to create basic apps. I believe it started when 7.X was the latest, then GW added support for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn