Hacking Sky3ds issue on 8.01 jp firmware

Grink

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i loaded my sky3ds with oot and cubic ninja (both of them are the japanese version) in the hopes of using gateway

however now that i have them written to the sd card, the cartridge will not work. i pressed the blue button repeatedly and the light does not come on. i don't think my issue is the sdcard since it worked perfectly fine before on my sky3ds on a ntsc system.

Grink

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i managed to do something with it but i am not exactly sure what. when i inserted the card while the 3ds was powering on, the light began blinking rapidly on the card.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think your Sky might be damaged, but nevertheless, do try a different SD - maybe it's just the LED that's faulty. If it fails and you're 100% sure that you've used the latest DiskWriter and clean dumps, RMA the cartridge.

EDIT: Herpaderp, I missed the second response lol. Definitely try different SD's and if the system continues to not recognize the cart, it might be misaligned in the cartridge slot due to an imperfect molding process - clean the grill with a small dab of alcohol and a q-tip, put the cart in again and fool around with a paper wedge. Clean the pins of the SD's too, flashcarts can be very sensitive to dirty connectors.

Grink

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried a different sdcard, sandisk 4gb and it still did not work but am still able to do the save restore feature that causes the repeated blinking

will report back after trying the paper and cleaning

edit: after trying the paper wedge and cleaning the contacts with some alcohol, i still have had no success.

Last edited by Grink,

Grink

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after reading another thread describing the problem now, i think i should rma it.

but as for its status, ive turned off my 3ds and put the sky3ds without the microsd in after it turned on without blinking
but i also went into the settings menu, put in a paper wedge, and it blinked a few times without the microsd

i honestly don't even know anymore. just fuck my shit up, sky3ds team.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If inserting a wedge changes how the cartridge reacts to being inserted then the PCB is most likely misaligned. You can try to align it yourself (voiding any hope of sending it back if you open the case. If you're lucky, you might be able to apply a wedge externally - it normally did the trick for Acekards) or you can return the faulty cartridge. Anywho, the blinking signifies that the cartridge is attempting to recognize an SD card - try putting the wedge in with an SD cart in the Sky3DS and see if it recognizes it. Be sure to push the game changing button as well in case it needs to by cycled through.

Grink

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
definitely going to rma it. used the paper wedge in the microsd and cartridge. got the same rapid blinking. even though the problem was not resolved i am greatly appreciative of your help.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm sad to hear that it's not working. Have you tried several SD's? Did you use latest DiskWriter? If so, you've done your due diligence - the cart is probably screwed.

Grink

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have only tried with 2 sd cards but now i feel like at least trying with all of the microsds i can find in my house. i will report back the brand and size of each one after i am finished

i have been using the latest version provided on the sky3ds website which was released on april 17th - v202b1

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sky3DS can be very fussy when it comes to SD cards, it uses raw reads and writes. Unless the SD is keen on accepting that kind of input, you might encounter issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay