BOGBUSS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

Having power issues on a damaged N3DSLL I picked up for a project. It powered on and worked when I bought it, I’ve flashed CFW on it.

Current state: It will not power on, no lights turn on. When I plug it in, the charging light comes on. When I press the power button while it’s plugged in, the power light flashes red for a sec and then turns off. The unit doesn’t actually power on, there’s no popping sound, etc.

What I’ve tried:
  • Opened and unplugged/re-plugged everything (even the top screen components)
  • Using brand new battery fully charged and old but tested-working battery fully charged
  • Pulling SD card and starting without
  • Compared board to my fully-working N3DSLL and everything looks the same

None of the above has had any effect on the unit. Unsure what to do for troubleshooting next. I do not have a voltmeter or solder. I’ve disassembled and reassembled several of these units so I’m quite confident I haven’t damaged it myself, nor have I left cords unseated

Reactions: Serph-DDS

BOGBUSS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE:

For anyone who finds this thread and has a similar issue...

It occurred to me that the daughter board (the board that sits between the ABXY buttons and the battery) might be the problem because it is the board that connects the battery to the entire system. It is also called the battery board, the ABXY board, stuff like that in case you have to purchase a new one.

I swapped in the daughter board from my functioning Pearl N3DS LL and the aforementioned non-functioning Black N3DS LL started right up. It appears this is the problem, though I was only able to determine that because I'm lucky enough to have two N3DS.

I've ordered a used board from AliExpress for $11.50 USD and I'll update this post when that arrives and I install it.

See my image below for visuals.

IMG_0075.JPG

Reactions: ack and Serph-DDS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto