Skipping Jumping Music (mp3s)

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by sethcathison, Nov 23, 2011.

1. sethcathison
    OP

sethcathison Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2011
    Possibly not Acekard related because it was fine under Akaio1.8.7 but when i play mps using akaio using 1.8.8 any mp3s i play sort of skip .
    Is this an issue with 1.8.8?

The only reason i am posting it in here is I just got my Acekard 2i yesterday so just getting used to it.
    I didnt have to flash any firmware or anything,
    All i had to do was copy Akaio files onto my SD card , and then pop it in my AceKard and insert the lot into my DSi XL.
    Akaio worked first time and all nds files work fine

2. s4mid4re

s4mid4re  

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    I'm not sure how good the ak2i's media player is, but using moonshell (a homebrew media player) will definitely be better than using ak2i's built-in one. Here's a guide in installing moonshell.

If it's still skipping in moonshell, I think it's a problem with your micro SD card being too slow to handle music files. You can format using the sd formatter to increase performance.

3. Sinistral89

Sinistral89 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    Sweden
    The acekard doesn't have mp3 support anymore? Not using akaio atleast to my knowledge. I might be wrong....

4. Normmatt

Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

Dec 14, 2004
    New Zealand
    It does, its just not done very well :P

5. ChristopherJames

ChristopherJames Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2011
    I installed moonshell and it annoyed with the error screen, while testing it I clicked on the music folder within the acekard. It states on the website it's supported but it also skipped for me, my cards a good brand and a class 6.

Shame really, very good card.

6. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    sounds like its time to reformat your msd card.

-another world