Hacking Skin problem?

DarkMario616

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried replacing an upper screen and lower screen background to only find that when it's on the DS, it's garbage looking, all pixels everywhere and yah, hopefully you know what I mean, it's just like when you pull the N64 cartridge out of the N64...

I did the same for the GBA frame and it appears to be garbage too :/

Any idea why it's doing this? I just got the Acekard 2i today, I tried googling this but I found nothing.

AKAIO 1.4

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
DarkMario616 said:
I tried replacing an upper screen and lower screen background to only find that when it's on the DS, it's garbage looking, all pixels everywhere and yah, hopefully you know what I mean, it's just like when you pull the N64 cartridge out of the N64...

Any idea why it's doing this? I just got the Acekard 2i today, I tried googling this but I found nothing.

AKAIO 1.4

Some my themes are like that too , try using AKAIO 1.5
smile.gif

DarkMario616

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, do they HAVE to be in 16 bit? I opened up a .bmp of another theme that actually works and it's apparently in 24 bit :/

Maybe you're saying they can't be in 16 bit, either way the images are in 24 BMP.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TraumaHoundNDS said:
1. Are the images the right size? 256x192
2. Are they .bmp files? 16-bit?
3. Make sure they're not double-extentioned. i.e. .bmp.bmp

See if any of those might be the culprit.
Bump but relevant problem and I don't feel like making a new thread.
Same problem as this other guy, and they are the right size, 160bit .bmp files, and they aren't double extentioned. Any suggestions?
Or, would anybody be kind enough to put this image into the lower screen of a custom skin for me? It's a joke for my friend David (also my name) who I am setting up an AK2.1 for.

Derekku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
azure0wind said:
DarkMario616 said:

AKAIO 1.4

smile.gif

:3 i use AKAIO 1.5 Too :3 (also as a side note, DQ IX hasn't had any issues with 1.5 yet for me)

obito

I can have a title?! :O
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Derekku said:
azure0wind said:
DarkMario616 said:

AKAIO 1.4

smile.gif

:3 i use AKAIO 1.5 Too :3 (also as a side note, DQ IX hasn't had any issues with 1.5 yet for me)

Wow really?

Also, lol'd at the topic title. Maybe you should moisturize ;D

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarkMario616 said:
Wait, do they HAVE to be in 16 bit? I opened up a .bmp of another theme that actually works and it's apparently in 24 bit :/

Maybe you're saying they can't be in 16 bit, either way the images are in 24 BMP.
24bit BMPs "work"... but they're often discolored.
If you can use a non-distorted image that is 24bits, that's most likely dumb luck.

Your best bet is to convert the images you want to use to 16bit FIRST then make your themes.
If you're downloading a theme someone else made, chances are they're already 16bit images.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.