Skfu detected a enrcyption flaw in the Vita

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That is not a reason for Sony to want it hacked. Considering sales will only truly pick up when piracy is achieved (very few people buy a console for homebrew purposes, many more will purchase a console once it is easy to pirate on it), and Sony don't make money/lose money on console sales, with the intent of making money on games sales, high sales of hardware is not something Sony want when those sales won't lead to sales of software.

Obviously, Sony want high sales figures. But only because that should lead to high software sales figures.

ken28

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i think the real question should be if he should find the aes key, is sony using a chip like the psp or a software keys like the ps3 .
if chip they are basicly screwed but it dont think they used a chip again...

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Don't profess to know what this means, but grand effort all round on instantly spoiling the topic gents.
how to you mean this?
The entire topic is bickering over whether or not posting the Hex data constitutes a warn for copyrighted material. Which is just stupid.

As for the actual topic it's interesting. Not sure what this actually means as not a lot of info on the exploit has been revealed. It could be another Sony security fail or it could be entirely patchable.
I, for one, don't agree that the decryption of such applications and games will be relating to exploiting the PSVita, but more so kickstarting the PS Vita ROM Modification scene so when we do have a feasible ROM/ISO Loader/CFW/Whatever, we don't have to spend weeks figuring out how to decrypt this shit.

D

Deleted-236924

thatswhatshesaid

Anyways given the processing power, I suppose if it gets an N64 emulator (that works fullspeed with most games, unlike the PSP) that might skyrocket interest.
No doubt it'd get a N64 emulator.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What is it with people who constantly want N64 emulators on everything? It only has a handful of acually "good" games, I don't understand the hype. GoldenEye, fine, Mario64 uhm... fine, although it's already on the DS, Star Wars Racer - pretty damn cool, Pokemon Stadium - I suppose, Pokemon Snap - for the fans, Starfox 64's been re-made for the 3DS already, Zelda games - fair play, but it's hard for me to think of much more titles that I would immediatelly want to play.

Truth to be told, I'd be much more interested in a Dreamcast emulator, and I see no problems in emulating it seeing that we have a duo of quadcores on-board.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
What is it with people who constantly want N64 emulators on everything? It only has a handful of acually "good" games, I don't understand the hype. GoldenEye, fine, Mario64 uhm... fine, although it's already on the DS, Star Wars Racer - pretty damn cool, Pokemon Stadium - I suppose, Pokemon Snap - for the fans, Starfox 64's been re-made for the 3DS already, Zelda games - fair play, but it's hard for me to think of much more titles that I would immediatelly want to play.

Truth to be told, I'd be much more interested in a Dreamcast emulator, and I see no problems in emulating it seeing that we have a duo of quadcores on-board.
People want N64 emulators because of the portable nostalgia they can play all on one device. Maybe some people don't want to spend $180 on a 3DS plus an estimated $100 for the 3 remakes you mentioned (well you didn't mention the Zelda OoT remake but I added that in...) Maybe people enjoy other games you haven't mentioned and would like to play those on the go? Who knows, we just want it dammit!

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted-236924

Dreamcast emulator = Portable Sonic Adventure 2.

HiroshiYamauchi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Speak for yourself, mate. The Nintendo 64 is my most beloved console of all time and i'd love to play many of it's games on the go. Actually, i already do it on my Samsung Galaxy S II and it's a total gaming bliss.

On-topic: I don't know if it all means anything for now, i prefer to wait to see how it all will turn out in future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, WAKE UP