Hacking Since Trucha Signer could be used to install firmware...

moquette

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wum.talevas.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
yaoluislg said:
How would custom firmware be possible on the wii what would the program write like the custom firmware over the real firmware on the disc and wii or what?Sorry if this sounds like a noobish question but I was just wondering.

sorry yaoluislg, I don't understand well your question... my english is not so good
wink.gif

but i never talk about custom firmware.... maybe custom update partition (thanks to Trucha Signer), but never custom firmware
wink.gif

can you explain you question ?

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok what I meant was if custom firmware would even possible and also could your program say be used to like downgrade a wii too?Like put a update from one of the first games.

moquette

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wum.talevas.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
OK,

so sorry to say it, but custom firmware is not yet ready to be, because of the encrypt key used by Nintendo... really hard to crack
frown.gif

and Wum is not as revolutionary as you may think, it just take the update partition of one game and put it in another game... data byte copy only
wink.gif

INTERNETS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xeronage said:
Now only is we had someone with a badass Quantum Computer to execute Shor's algorithm.. We'd crack that RSA in a day
wink.gif

(not a chance)

I'm on this. I have been to the future, and yes, all Wiis receive a firmware upgrade to make every unit out there a functioning swiss army knife.

dogman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
yaoluislg said:
Wait would custom firmware even be possible on Wii?How would you do it?
Read the thread before asking please... The answer is in the first page:
QUOTE(ProdigySim @ Mar 2 2008, 07:02 AM) Yep. Even if you decrypt it (which people actually have been able to do), you aren't going to be able to run any firmware that isn't signed by Nintendo and your Wii both.

The Trucha Signer only signs discs through a bug in Wii firmware. There is no method of signing the discs in a legitimate way, much less signing the firmware. The likeliness of a firmware signing bug is slim, too.
So... no.
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1