Hacking Simply/EZ 3 in 1 American Browser Support?

fightabunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this belongs in the EZ forums but it seems relevent here. There are rumors that the American version of Opera (presumably in its conquest of flash/java support) will require a higher capacity slot-2 RAM plug in needed.

Though I'm not sure if these rumors are true, it seems to lead to the conclusion that the American version of the DS Browser (when used with the M3 Simply/EZ 3 in 1) will not function because the EZ 3 in 1 only has 8 MB of RAM.

Can someone tell me if EZ 3 in 1 will work even if the RAM requirement is increased, or can someone null the rumors that the American Opera DS will require more RAM?

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
3in1 has 16MB of RAM, which is 1/2 of the maximum of the capability of the GBA slot. I honestly can't see them changing up the hardware for a different region, but who knows... we'll have to wait until someone actually has a NA DS browser to tell for sure as there is no use speculating.

fightabunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3in1 has 16MB of RAM, which is 1/2 of the maximum of the capability of the GBA slot. I honestly can't see them changing up the hardware for a different region, but who knows... we'll have to wait until someone actually has a NA DS browser to tell for sure as there is no use speculating.

Ah cool. Didn't know it had 16. I wouldn't have thought that they would change the RAM size by region either until I saw that it had flash and java support (lol. Can't wait to see that in "action.")

And I can't see them upping it up to 32. Maybe 16. MAYBE. 32 would just be too expensive for them to manufacture though.

fightabunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Soybomb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After having tried opera java and flash support is the least of its problems. It was so incredibly slow....

fightabunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you guys arguing about this. The question was whether or the EZ Flash 3 in 1 supports the American Browser and the M3 Simply.

No, it doesn't have flash or java. It has javascript, but not java. I don't even know why people mention it has javascript. That's so elementary of COURSE it has javascript. It's like they're saying Nintendo confused java with javascript when they "it has JAVASCRIPT. NOT JAVA!" It was a miscommunication on nintendo's part, not a confusion of java with javascript. If it was true, what would they have gotten flash confused with? Flashscript? I think not

THATS IRRELEVANT ANYWAY. YES I KNOW ITS SLOW YES I KNOW IT DOESNT HAVE FLASH OR JAVA.

I JUST WANNA KNOW IF THE AMERICAN BROWSER WORKS WITH THE M3+EZ3IN1 AND IF NOT IS THE AMERICAN DIFFERENT THAN THE EUROPEAN IN ANY WAY?!

Seyiji

Rawr :3
Trophies
Website
www.rage3d.com
XP
Country
United States
The GBATemp review says 256 Mb (32 MB) are they mistaken?
unsure.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The GBATemp review says 256 Mb (32 MB) are they mistaken?
unsure.gif
No, you are mistaken. The review says that the 3-in-1 has 32 megabytes of NOR flash memory, which is not RAM. It has both.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny