Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MRDOCA

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've had a o3ds which I swapped for this n3ds and downgraded. So know a little bit but just can't seem to update emuNAND via system settings. I've read this is/can be normal

nesuke

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Really good news, i have my n3dsXL downgrade 9.7.0-24E to 9.2.0-20E finish :yay3ds:
the way is verry simple.
The Firmware file with this md5 : AAA5960A3061DA1F08D944D8E7017BD6 , works perfekt
i follow this guide, http://gbatemp.net/threads/homemenuhax-v2-1-support-for-fws-10-2-10-3.407005/ and i put the safe sysupdater
in the sysupdater folder.
In the folder must be in, sysUpdater.3dsx, sysUpdater.smdh, and SafeSysUpdater.3dsx.
I launch the Safesys first and check with button a, next back by finish to press a, in menu and go the file sysupdater and press the button for downgrade and complete.
is in the folder not the savesys.. and will downgrade not work, freeze in menu, or come the notice csi reading error.

is done, perfekt :yay:
ps. my english is nod good:)

what is the best cfw: RxTool or CakesFW or Reinand - Pasta Edition ?

Last edited by nesuke,
Reactions: shinobita

dankzegriefer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really good news, i have my n3ds downgrade 9.7.0-24E to 9.2.0-20E finish :yay3ds:
the way is verry simple.
The Firmware file with this md5 : AAA5960A3061DA1F08D944D8E7017BD6 , works perfekt
i follow this guide, http://gbatemp.net/threads/homemenuhax-v2-1-support-for-fws-10-2-10-3.407005/ and i put the safe sysupdater
in the sysupdater folder.
In the folder must be in, sysUpdater.3dsx, sysUpdater.smdh, and SafeSysUpdater.3dsx.
I launch the Safesys first and check with button a, next back by finish to press a, in menu and go the file sysupdater and press the button for downgrade and complete.
is in the folder not the savesys.. and will downgrade not work, freeze in menu, or come the notice csi reading error.

is done, perfekt :yay:
ps. my english is nod good:)

what is the best cfw: RxTool or CakesFW or Reinand - Pasta Edition ?
ReiNAND for N3DS.

snappycg1996

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's everyone's opinion regarding the best CFW for an old 3DS? Region free, screenshots, high CIA compatibility etc.

Currently on 9.2 and thinking of just installing rxtools like on my AC:NL XL.

VexSilver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have advice for downgrading a 3DSXL already running 10.3? I have only done stuff running 9.9.0-26U and below. Thanks.

VexSilver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old 3DSXL U.

Thanks, my sister has that type but the NES looking one. Any particular steps or just the same steps using sysnand in tutorial? I kinda had to follow a bit different stuff for 9.9.0-26U. I wanna make sure her 3DS remains safe and do my research first.

The cia's I used before were the full 9.2 cia's but the one from the megaupload link first instead of the actual thread.

Kapaya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, I'm kinda gonna yolo it and try this on my N3DS XL. The firmware is 10.2, anyone who could point me to someone who had success with this or comment on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o