Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamer4lif3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I softbricked 2 n3ds every time when downgrading it errors halfway through.what can i be doing wrong i used safesysupdater and files checked ok.

arizkiawan

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Just finished downgrading 3 systems.

First one: O3DSXL with 10.1, did a upgrade to 10.3 then used safesysupdater to downgrade to 9.2.

Second one: O3DSXL with 10.3, did a downgrade with safesysupdater to 9.2

Third one: N3DSXL with 9.9, did a upgrade to 10.3 and then used safesysupdater to downgrade to 9.2.

All systems European models.

are u using sysupdater to upgrade the fw first?

uddevallare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for sharing. Did you get any freezes or issues? Did everything work first try?
I did not work at the first try. I had problems loading the systemupdater, got a black screen. I then used the ftponny trick that have been suggested before. Then no problem to enter the systemupdater or the safesysupdater.

Odaxis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I attempted SafeSysUpdater.3dsx-08 easily 40+ times trying to downgrade from 9.5.0-22 to 9.2. each attempt resulted in a black screen with a little red line to the left. I tried sysUpdater once and it worked.

FF777

人を呪わば穴二つ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have just successfully downgraded my old-3DS directly from 9.4.0-21J to 9.2.0-20J.

At first, trying to use "sysupdater" gave me nothing but freezing problems.. Tried it over and over again like 40 times and it froze every time..
Got tired of trying that and downloaded "SafeSysUpdater" instead.. SafeSysUpdater worked for me the very first time (not sure if it was luck or that maybe it is just built to be more stable than sysupdater.. Plus I kind of like that it tries to check old/new compatibility and region compatibility and MD5 hashes before it just brazenly goes about writing stuff to the sysnand like sysupdater does..)

I downloaded the full .cia file pack from a "3ds" site dealing with "iso" stuff..
The MD5 hash of the .zip file that contained the .cia files that I used is: a7c14f50e553d99d93efd3a8dd4f8b9d
I used the japanese cubic-ninja game as an entry point in to the homebrew channel..
I didn't have to touch 10.3 at all.. Went directly from 9.4.0 to 9.2.0.

St.Jimmy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello! First, sry for my bad english!
I finaly downgrade my new3ds! But before it works, i softbricked another one. The softbrick was after a downgrade from 9.6 to 9.2 with safesysupdater.
I sell this 3ds and buy a new one.
On the new-new3ds i update 9.6 to 10.3 using sysupdate (from page 95) and then i downgrade 10.3 to 9.2 also with sysupdate. This works without any problems.
Now i'm on 9.2 and install ReiNand, but ReiNand shows me only a blackscreen or a redscreen. I downloaded the firmware.bin and put it in the rei-folder.

Last edited by St.Jimmy,
Reactions: guitarheroknight

TayTayTheKiller

Forever noob
Trophies
XP
Country
Managed to do my friends 3ds that was on 10.1 I did the same thing againn I updated to 10.3 then went back down to 9.2 No issues :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s