Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can not system transfer a N3DS to an O3DS.

What? Why?

Edit: Never mind. Yep it's a stupid Nintendo thing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, I guess I'll just keep marathon downgrading until 10.4 comes out. I'm gonna need a lot of Mountain Dew. And I may have to call in to work.

Last edited by Ailuros27,

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would happen if a really really brave person used FBI, removed all titles on the NAND and then installed all from the updates folder?

... Someone with a hard mod that is. -.-

dekudude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is the problem i am getting, even with ftbrony it still happens.

Here is the screen if it helps

I found a solution through internet sleuthing! launch the eshop (legit way) once and allow it to do its thing to your sd card (not talking about update like it puts files on the card when you use it for the first time). after this launch sysUpdate and it should work on your first successful launch (successful meaning it doesn't freeze).

Good luck

XyracX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just run the sysUpdater App from page 95, all CIA files installed well, but ends in softbrick everytime on the end after the rebooting. Also tried to boot without the SD Card. Whats the problem ?

Executed through menuhax 2.1. Also have the right CIA Files. Tried it for 2 times now, but softbrick everytime.

Any advice, what I can try to make it work ?

Last edited by XyracX,

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here. Been trying for hours. Is something different for some reason? Did Nintendo change something in 10.3 to ensure softbricks?

Angelikita

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ok, i put all the files needed for the downgrade on my sd card, but i'm not sure if i should do it.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Format your system. Your downgrading for piracy so pirate all your games. If your worried about saves back them up or just cheat and use save editors or find 100% complete saves online. Or you can keep getting soft bricks. Or stay on 10.3.

XyracX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can I inject the saves by backing up my SD Card and insert some old files after the downgrade to restore the savegames ? Or is there another method.

Angelikita

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Format your system. Your downgrading for piracy so pirate all your games. If your worried about saves back them up or just cheat and use save editors or find 100% complete saves online. Or you can keep getting soft bricks. Or stay on 10.3.
actually i'm on 9.9, since my console got ban by nintendo (to enter the store) for buying a majoras mask code from some guy in facebook, i never saw the point on updating.

that is why i started to use piracy (legit cias) on my 3ds

D

Deleted User

Just used the installer on my N3DS that was on 10.1. Update worked on the first try pretty seamlessly, so I'm now going to install RxTools. :D

Followed the instructions to a tee, no problems, no issues loading, no anything like that.

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, I'm not. I'm downgrading to get full control of something I legally bought, as is my right.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
No save editors there's a few of them. Back em up with them. When you format it gives a new encryption key to your console for saves and stuff. Then you can just use that tool to transfer back.

Tcj13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a solution through internet sleuthing! launch the eshop (legit way) once and allow it to do its thing to your sd card (not talking about update like it puts files on the card when you use it for the first time). after this launch sysUpdate and it should work on your first successful launch (successful meaning it doesn't freeze).

Good luck[/QUOTE

For me what worked after many attempts in many different way even using ftBrony was:

1-Load the HBL using menuhax
2-Load ironhax installer which should say error since for me the game was not installed
3-exit to the HBL from the ironhax
4- load sysUpdater

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@williamdabastrd Which version of the sysupdater did you use, and which entrypoint did you launch it from?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And svdt doesn't work with many 3DSware titles, like Mii Plaza, Sakurai Samurai, etc. That's a primary reason I'm downgrading, to backup.

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For everyone getting constant soft-bricks on N3DS when downgrading: The only fix so far appears to be doing a system format. Some users have lucked out and managed to downgrade after a /couple/ of soft-bricks, but for those that have like 10-12 times, then formatting is most likely the solution. Take it from someone who's managed to downgrade after that awful crap.

My guess is that there's something left over on the NAND that isn't being cleanly downgraded or overwritten, and is freaking out the lower FW. The downgrades themselves (provided everything is right) are fine. This is evident that it works immediately first try after a system format.

Back your stuff up, and do a system format if you really care about downgrading before 10.4. Unless a specific fix comes out for it, chances are you'll always have the problem.

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's exactly what I'm using, so you must be extremely lucky. Or a troll placed by Nintendo. Probably just lucky. Nintendo trolls in other ways, like not letting you system transfer from N3DS to O3DS. The count is now 7.

Last edited by Ailuros27,

porko

Trophies
XP
Country
has there been any progress on the n3ds front?

i downgraded my 2ds a few days ago with no problems, at that time there were reports of bricks for the n3ds (much more so than o3ds), is that still the case? has it been improved in any way?

it's been hectic around here lately, finding answers in my own is a bit difficult!

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No progress. Some people have no problem, others can't do it after many many softbricks. And the safer method, KTM, was discontinued by @JustPingo because people wouldn't leave him alone.

Reactions: porko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think