Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelikita

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i successfully downgraded my system at first i got scare because i got a black screen after rebooting, but i took the sd card out and it started normally, now to install rxtool, but for that i'm gonna get a new sd card. because the one i have only has like 3 or 4 gb of free space. that way i can have my "legit" cias in one sd an the rest in the other.

and the best part i got it in my first try.

Last edited by Angelikita,

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am trying to DG a N3ds xl and i notice that in the video systemupdater has a black 3ds icon but in my HBL menu my systemupdater is not the same it hs just questionmark for an icon and it say publisher unknown, in the video it says publisher profi ,is this normal? or do i have the wrong version?

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone who successfully downgraded a New 3DS confirm for me how many files are in the ZIP for 9.0.20U from that one site?

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time. EVERY TIME I DOWNGRADE SUCCESSFULLY I GET AN ERROR ON BOOT
So I guess technically it's not a success.

I've done everything except format my N3DS itself (and messing with my dbs files like a YouTube video said). Gonna try yet another version of sysupdater (I was linked here to julian's download, but I think that's the first one I tried).
Why is this so much harder than my O3DS was?

Edit: Dumb question, is there a reason all of the SHA1 values in the guide post have a question mark at the end? The MD5 checked out okay for the N3DS firmware I downloaded, and the SHA1 checked out fine, except for the ? (which is at the end of all of those in the guide, but was not at the end of my result)
don't worry about the "?"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What would happen if a really really brave person used FBI, removed all titles on the NAND and then installed all from the updates folder?

... Someone with a hard mod that is. -.-
they would brick their 3ds, why would you even want to try that?

Can someone who successfully downgraded a New 3DS confirm for me how many files are in the ZIP for 9.0.20U from that one site?
check the MD5 that's all you need to confirm that the zip file is correct and contains the correct files.

Polkka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I think i just bricked my N3DS... I tried 70+ times to run SysUpdater, when it finally got to work, it froze while installing the first CIA, i waited a decent ammount of time and finally decided to restart it, and now I'm getting a "An error has ocurred, for help visit support.nintendo.com", so yeah.

Last edited by Polkka,

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what the fuck can someone plese confirm for me if i am using the right version of system updater????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

how come every video i watch the icon in the HBL menu shows a black fucking 3ds for an icon but i have downloaded 3 fucking versions now and i dont see that motherfucking icon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mine just has a god damn fucking question mark for an icon and it says "unknown publisher", everyone else has a black 3ds icon and it say publisher profi ,where the fuck is the other version? where do i download the other version ??????????????REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
jesus fucking christ why doesn't someone update the OP with a link to the newer version of sysupdater with the icon if that is the proper version to use, because this version i am using has only even booted at all once out of 100 tries

Last edited by weatMod,

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have the "sysUpdater.smdh" in the same place as the program. Both should be in the folder "sysUpdater" in your homebrew folder.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have the "sysUpdater.smdh" in the same place as the program. Both should be in the folder "sysUpdater" in your homebrew folder.
so you mean , root/3ds/systemupdater/(systemupdater.3dsx ,and systemupdater.smdh)
i have them both in the 3ds folder right now i tried to boot it like 1000 times now it black screens every single time it only booted one time so far i hope this is the right version ,

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
help me please
"Failed to get CIA info!"
all the time
how is that possible if I use windows

has nothing to do with windows. the program is unstable and doesn't work the same for everyone. This is a common problem. Keep trying, try different entry points, try clean SD cards or different SD cards. For some people it works best with menuhax, for me it worked when I used cubic ninja.

also instead of posting a bunch of times you can also read this thread, this issue has been discussed dozens of times.

what the fuck can someone plese confirm for me if i am using the right version of system updater????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

how come every video i watch the icon in the HBL menu shows a black fucking 3ds for an icon but i have downloaded 3 fucking versions now and i dont see that motherfucking icon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mine just has a god damn fucking question mark for an icon and it says "unknown publisher", everyone else has a black 3ds icon and it say publisher profi ,where the fuck is the other version? where do i download the other version ??????????????REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
jesus fucking christ why doesn't someone update the OP with a link to the newer version of sysupdater with the icon if that is the proper version to use, because this version i am using has only even booted at all once out of 100 tries

Rather than curse, try reading this thread. Everything there is to ask has been asked and answered. The sysupdater you want is on page 95. The reason no one answers is because people are tired of lazy people asking the same questions over and over because they can't be bothered to read.

Last edited by gallymimu,
Reactions: weatMod

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has nothing to do with windows. the program is unstable and doesn't work the same for everyone. This is a common problem. Keep trying, try different entry points, try clean SD cards or different SD cards. For some people it works best with menuhax, for me it worked when I used cubic ninja.

also instead of posting a bunch of times you can also read this thread, this issue has been discussed dozens of times.

Rather than curse, try reading this thread. Everything there is to ask has been asked and answered. The sysupdater you want is on page 95.
thanks because someone should have updated the OP already who is going to read through 95 pages just to find that out besides this is not even for me it for an asshole friend who i instructed 50 times not to update his console
but i just want to see if i can do it now i want the experience

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks because someone should have updated the OP already who is going to read through 95 pages just to find that out besides this is not even for me it for an asshole friend who i instructed 50 times not to update his console
but i just want to see if i can do it now i want the experience

Someone who wants this to work and not brick will read through 200 pages. I have read every page. And you know what? I didn't have to ask for help or whine and it worked and I didn't break anything. Yeah it took a long time to read. I learned a lot, and I didn't exactly do it so other could take the easy way by whining and being spoon fed. Sorry to be harsh but it's irritating. There must be 20 posts saying to go to page 95.

Sure it would be nice if the OP updated, but he's not obligated and was nice enough to post anything at all, better yet someone new should post a new thread with updated instructions if they find this important.

Last edited by gallymimu,

Angelikita

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i just turn my 3ds after successfully downgraded my system, but i just notice that every time i turn in on i got a black screen unless i pull out my sd card, why is that? do have to format my card or something?

Sniffynose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've done two 3ds' perfectly fine, went to do my N3DS and get greeted with:

Getting CIA file informations....
titleException:
main.cpp:154: Result: 0xD900182F
Failed to get CIA file info!

I know you guys are sick of seeing this but when you do the following:

-Format/partition/wipe using every known file manager
-Tried various size/brand micro sd cards ranging from 1gb to 32gb
-Use a windows PC (to avoid the mac .... issue)
-Use Browserhax/Menuhax entry points (only ones available for most)
-Use every up to date file available for the process
-Use the proper folders for "updates" and every other tool
-MD5 check everything before and after transferring

We are basically saying this shit is working by pure luck, this is asking for a brick because if it's too unstable to even locate the fucking files in the folder one hop away!

I open to actual fixes for this error!

Reactions: gallymimu

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to use menuhax manager to delete shufflehax and menuhax, then reinstall it if you so choose. It's trying to autoboot and the payload it's using won't work on 9.2

Polkka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
i just turn my 3ds after successfully downgraded my system, but i just notice that every time i turn in on i got a black screen unless i pull out my sd card, why is that? do have to format my card or something?

If you're using menuhax try removing it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...