Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Miiverse and eShop I think.

I was able to get nnid working with 2 o3DS units by:

Downgrade sysnand.
Create rxtools emunand.
Update emunand from system settings.
Unlink nands by formatting sysnand with SD ejected.
Update sysnand to 10.3, link existing nnid, login to eshop to verify.
Downgrade sysnand to 9.2 again.
Apply tubehax DNS on sysnand.
Install menuhax and launch rxtools.
Verify that you can access eshop on emunand.

This may not be the only or the best way to do it, but it worked for me.
It may work on n3DS, but I haven't tried it.

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
I was able to get nnid working with 2 o3DS units by:

Downgrade sysnand.
Create rxtools emunand.
Update emunand from system settings.
Unlink nands by formatting sysnand with SD ejected.
Update sysnand to 10.3, link existing nnid, login to eshop to verify.
Downgrade sysnand to 9.2 again.
Apply tubehax DNS on sysnand.
Install menuhax and launch rxtools.
Verify that you can access eshop on emunand.

This may not be the only or the best way to do it, but it worked for me.
It may work on n3DS, but I haven't tried it.

You sure that order is correct? Part of the point of unlinking the NAND's is to stop it from updating sysnand when you update emunand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

EVERYONE NEED TO FORMAT SD AND 3DS FOR COMPLETE SAFELY DOWNGRADE!!!

No you don't, this just seems to help some people get it working if it's failing. That would be last resort. Neither does it make it safer as far as I know, it just may get it to work,

Last edited by Santaros,

Fabbbrrr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey guys what is the latest version/more stable so far? I'm trying to use the one from the OP but I'm getting an error like this:

titleException:
main/cpp:148: Result: 0xD8#08067
Failed to get CIA file info!

Any idea? :)

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys what is the latest version/more stable so far? I'm trying to use the one from the OP but I'm getting an error like this:

titleException:
main/cpp:148: Result: 0xD8#08067
Failed to get CIA file info!

Any idea? :)

As far as I know there are 3 main reasons for this occuring. First are you sure you have the correct FW [i.e. not trying to install o3ds on a n3ds or vice versa], if you are sure they're correct, next question is are you using a Mac to transfer the files to your 3ds?, it will install system files to the folder that will cause it to fail [i.e. .ds_store]. Other than that it appears to be that the 3ds couldn't access the services it needed to start the downgrade, so you will need to restart and try again. Ir's basically pot luck as to whether it will work, some get it 1st try, some like me had to attempt 20 times or more before it worked. I have heard of over 100 attempts before it did.

Last edited by Santaros,

scorpiotaisho

Harmoknight
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Just downgraded using this thread tutorial and followed this one to create emuNAND/install RXTools, but I can't manage to boot emuNAND.

I can get to the RxTools menu where I can decide the RXMode (to apply patches and boot either emuNAND or sysNAND), but whatever I decide, I only get a little dot in the lower left corner of the 3D screen. Sometimes, no dot at all.

What could it be and what can I do?

System: O3DS 10.3 downgraded to 9.2, so... O3DS 9.2-U

studywes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

It worked well for two 2DS and two O3DSXL.but It doesn't work with another O3DSXL with 10.3.0.28E Firmware, i can boot HL with menuHax but syssupdater 0.4.2b don't work: always black screen or freeze. i am desappointed because it work well for some device and not for other...

TBreaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Quick question:
Behind every CIA it says "Installed" if it was successfull, but not behind NATIVE_FIRM!
Is this for everyone else or went something wrong during downgrading NATIVE_FIRM?
I'm on 9.2.0-20E now as I should, but that doesn't mean everything was fine.....

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i feel like an idiot for asking this, but do i have to run each .cia through the md5h hash converter to see if its the right one, then put THAT .cia file into the "updates" folder on my sd card?

cause i downloaded the file on the ISO site for n3ds 9.2.0U and just copied the contents and put them in my updates folder

but it says it cant find the cia file when i try to downgrade?

it says:
"titleException:
main.cpp:148: Result: 0xD900182F
Failed to get CIA file info!"

im sorry im really new to this

i do know i downloaded the folder for n3ds 9.2.0U so i'm not trying to install n3ds FW on an o3ds

Last edited by regigiygas,

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question:
Behind every CIA it says "Installed" if it was successfull, but not behind NATIVE_FIRM!
Is this for everyone else or went something wrong during downgrading NATIVE_FIRM?
I'm on 9.2.0-20E now as I should, but that doesn't mean everything was fine.....

They install that last now don't they? I would assume it worked fine. Im not sure of a way to check whether it worked, if you can install CFW assuming that's where you're going with this and it didn't fail, then everything went fine.

akanesaki31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i successed XD

Attachments

• 12410560_563033630528080_1706148666046129444_n.jpg
    12410560_563033630528080_1706148666046129444_n.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 157

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
i feel like an idiot for asking this, but do i have to run each .cia through the md5h hash converter to see if its the right one, then put THAT .cia file into the "updates" folder on my sd card?

cause i downloaded the file on the ISO site for n3ds 9.2.0U and just copied the contents and put them in my updates folder

but it says it cant find the cia file when i try to downgrade?

im sorry im really new to this

What does the error say exactly, Failed to get CIA file info or it can't find them at all? The cia should be stored in a folder at the root of your sd card called 'updates' [i.e. sd:\updates]

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does the error say exactly, Failed to get CIA file info or it can't find them at all? The cia should be stored in a folder at the root of your sd card called 'updates' [i.e. sd:\updates]
i just edited the post to say what error it gives me but i'll put it here

it says:
"titleException:
main.cpp:148: Result: 0xD900182F
Failed to get CIA file info!"

i do know i downloaded the folder for n3ds 9.2.0U so i'm not trying to install n3ds FW on an o3ds, and that the "updates" folder IS at the root of my sd card

TBreaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
They install that last now don't they? I would assume it worked fine. Im not sure of a way to check whether it worked, if you can install CFW assuming that's where you're going with this and it didn't fail, then everything went fine.
Yes NATIVE_FIRM is the last one to be installed but also the only one where it doesn't say "Installed" behind.
My problem is I already dowgraded once and tried installing rxTools which didn't work. So I just updated and dowgraded again now.

I didn't watch the process last time, that's why I want to now if it doesn't say "Installed" after NATIVE_FIRM for everyone or if it's just me.
Well, I'll just try to install CFW now, hope it works this time. :D

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes NATIVE_FIRM is the last one to be installed but also the only one where it doesn't say "Installed" behind.
My problem is I already dowgraded once and tried installing rxTools which didn't work. So I just updated and dowgraded again now.

I didn't watch the process last time, that's why I want to now if it doesn't say "Installed" after NATIVE_FIRM for everyone or if it's just me.
Well, I'll just try to install CFW now, hope it works this time. :D

Here is a link to JAWS_XS video from the last page:

I wasn't trying to embed, 1m30s in odd.

So it looks like it does. They were on a n3ds however, not sure if that makes any difference although I would think not.

Last edited by Santaros,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ