Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
so formatting the 3DS seems to be the proper way to not bricking it when downgrading. but how to get my content (the most important are the saves) back to the newly formatted and downgraded 3DS? simple copy and paste won't work as there is a new AES key used to encrypt the new formatted 3DS. so I have to save them using homebrew before the format, right?

Yes you would use sdvt: https://gbatemp.net/threads/svdt-save-data-explorer-manager.396562/

to backup and reinsert the saves.

Reactions: naddel81

WaffleWafer

GBATemp Novice Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
will there be a safer method for downgrading in the following weeks except KTM? (I dunno but seems like the whole pingo thing is pure bs to me so.)

D1M13R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, i have tryied 3 times to downgrade O3dsXL to 9.2 but its soft bricks all the times after the downgrade (after wait 10 seconds)
What can i do? Im using the last sysupdating, menuxax and the right CIA. Someone got this problem?

WaffleWafer

GBATemp Novice Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the screen turned dark while installing and I am now softbricked. Is it safe to go on and will menuhax still work? I'm currently recovering

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i have tryied 3 times to downgrade O3dsXL to 9.2 but its soft bricks all the times after the downgrade (after wait 10 seconds)
What can i do? Im using the last sysupdating, menuxax and the right CIA. Someone got this problem?
the screen turned dark while installing and I am now softbricked. Is it safe to go on and will menuhax still work? I'm currently recovering
I have the same error, please let me know if you find that out...

Yay more people to join the 'constantly soft-bricking' club.

So far I've ruled out: FW files, SD formatting, Empty SD besides downgrade, entry points, removing Four Swords Adventures, Home layouts, starting/exiting FTP-3DS/FTBrony/any other app, using a higher capacity card, using a faster card, and plugging in the console.

I've soft-bricked maybe 8 or 9 times now, maybe more. I literally just soft-bricked like 3 times in the past hour or two. I'm on N3DSXL US though, not O3DS.

Edit: The answer is probably to format the console itself. But I'm trying to avoid doing that.

WaffleWafer

GBATemp Novice Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yay more people to join the 'constantly soft-bricking' club.

So far I've ruled out: FW files, SD formatting, Empty SD besides downgrade, entry points, removing Four Swords Adventures, Home layouts, starting/exiting FTP-3DS/FTBrony/any other app, using a higher capacity card, using a faster card, and plugging in the console.

I've soft-bricked maybe 8 or 9 times now, maybe more. I literally just soft-bricked like 3 times in the past hour or two. I'm on N3DSXL US though, not O3DS.

Edit: The answer is probably to format the console itself. But I'm trying to avoid doing that.
did the screen go dark while installing?

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did the screen go dark while installing?

Nope. It's on the whole way through. It looks like it should work (all the CIAs say installed, all the way to Native firm, and then the reboot part). But when it reboots after it's finished, it's always a soft-brick.

D1M13R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nope. It's on the whole way through. It looks like it should work (all the CIAs say installed, all the way to Native firm, and then the reboot part). But when it reboots after it's finished, it's always a soft-brick.

Same here. I dont want to format the sysnand too =/

TBreaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

The steps 1-8 that are displayed at the top of the screen in this video are they also visible in Julian20's latest build?
When I downgraded I didn't see them anywhere. I'm on O3DS.

EDIT: nvm, it really doesn't display the steps.

Last edited by TBreaker,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1