Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna ask a stupid question. The fusee.bin in the atmosphere github page, what is the difference between that and the hekate_ctcaer_x.x.x.bin?
Previously i've been using the fusee.bin from Atmosphere and transferred into bootloader>payloads folder
while i renamed hekate_ctcaer_x.x.x.bin into reboot_payload.bin and place it in the Atmosphere root folder, and everything works fine.

For the current new fw, i've seen ppl use the modified fusee.bin by user Krejza9 as payload as well as renamed to reboot.payload.bin and worked.
So my question is by normal practice, is hekate_ctcaer_x.x.x.bin also a fusee.bin that i can just put into payloads folder as well as atmosphere root (reboot_payload.bin)?
Short answer: NO.

Long answer: Don't hijack the thread. This is for sigpatches, not for CFW support. Fusee from the github page no longer can use sigpatches at all. You have to use sys-patch, build your own fusee.bin with ips patching added back in, or download the modified one from this thread (which has been uploaded/linked several times, so you better be sure you're getting the LATEST modified fusee). hekate is a bootloader that can chainload fusee.bin, or directly load package3, depending on your settings (hekate_ipl.ini).

• Love
Reactions: impeeza and chower

chower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Fusee from the github page no longer can use sigpatches at all

Thank you, that's kinda also what i wanted to know regarding how the fusee and sigpatches are related and apologise for the noobie questions as a result.
Update: I've updated with the modified fusee and works fine now, thanks~

Last edited by chower,
Reactions: Blythe93

arabtm

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Tesla is required as well?
apparently not. I also just realised this, based on the other comments :)
but having tesla is a nice addition, such as the ability to use emuiibo in supported games can only be used with tesla GUI.

Post automatically merged:

What issues with the modified fusee.bin, just those games you mentioned?

I just recently updated to 18.1.0 using sigpatches and the fusee.bin with KIP support and all games tested so far loaded fine and Edizon cheats (Tesla overlay) 1.08. However, for Tinfoil 18 R1 i did have to apply the latest sys_patch as that would not work at all without it.
well. the game that I tested, sometimes doesn't work. at first, I tried everything seems fine. but some other time, I tried to start the game, it shows game corrupted error. I only tested 2 games, I didn't bother to test all games, but at least for me, it seems the modified fusee.bin not working properly. with sys-patch, it's quite straightforward and all games, including XCI dump all works fine again.

Last edited by arabtm,
Reactions: Blythe93

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Mozambique
I'm gonna ask a stupid question. The fusee.bin in the atmosphere github page, what is the difference between that and the hekate_ctcaer_x.x.x.bin?
Previously i've been using the fusee.bin from Atmosphere and transferred into bootloader>payloads folder
while i renamed hekate_ctcaer_x.x.x.bin into reboot_payload.bin and place it in the Atmosphere root folder, and everything works fine.

For the current new fw, i've seen ppl use the modified fusee.bin by user Krejza9 as payload as well as renamed to reboot.payload.bin and worked.
So my question is by normal practice, is hekate_ctcaer_x.x.x.bin also a fusee.bin that i can just put into payloads folder as well as atmosphere root (reboot_payload.bin)?

lol. What is the difference? One is hekate and one is fusee. Ask yourself... when you launch fusee, does it take you to hekate? No. Also, the majority are renaming hekate to reboot_payload. Not fusee.

Jakkal666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Did you try again? Because under certain circumstances that is normal behavior due to the "autohosoff" setting in hekate.
I currently have Auto HOS Power Off at "OFF" in Hekate. If I use the package posted a few posts back containing Tesla, sys-patch etc. should I enable or disable this setting to circumvent the behaviour of the user Clutt? I've never tinkered with this option to my knowledge and I'm not that familiar with either sys-patches nor Tesla considering sigpatches in the past.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
both are bootloaders, they do the same thing in different ways, also Hekate have a graphical interface.
while i renamed hekate_ctcaer_x.x.x.bin into reboot_payload.bin and place it in the Atmosphere root folder, and everything works fine
It's a way to do it, no problem.

That's is needed if you like to load FS Patches and use Fusee.bin as your payload (even if you chainload fusee from Hekate)

Yes you can but will no work.

Reactions: chower

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, that's kinda also what i wanted to know regarding how the fusee and sigpatches are related and apologise for the noobie questions as a result.
Update: I've updated with the modified fusee and works fine now, thanks~
Just wanted to mention that fusee.bin is the same payload as reboot_payload.bin by default. So replacing reboot_payload.bin with fusee.bin is pointless

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Mozambique
I currently have Auto HOS Power Off at "OFF" in Hekate. If I use the package posted a few posts back containing Tesla, sys-patch etc. should I enable or disable this setting to circumvent the behaviour of the user Clutt? I've never tinkered with this option to my knowledge and I'm not that familiar with either sys-patches nor Tesla considering sigpatches in the past.

Perhaps this may help, but I'm not so sure on vs off really makes that much of a difference. Mine is set to on and when I get the logo followed by power-off, I just push the payload again and then it works.

Reactions: impeeza

GDT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just tried to boot hekate with @impeeza hekate_ipl.ini file, modded for my necessities.
I can start atmosphere with fusee (1st choose) but if I select the second one it doesn't load and goes to RCM mode, inject hekate with tegraRCM and got "HOS panic occurred!" with code01 screen.
What's wrong?

Last edited by GDT,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I just tried to boot hekate with @impeeza hekate_ipl.ini file, modded for my necessities.
I can start atmosphere with fusee (1st choose) but if I select the second one it doesn't load and goes to RCM mode, inject hekate with tegraRCM and got "HOS panic occurred!" with code01 screen.
What's wrong?
Upgrade Hekate, Atmosphère, sigpatches and SYS-Patch from the official repo.

On the Post:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sys-patch-sysmod-that-patches-on-boot.633517/post-10438920

There are the links:

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases
https://github.com/CTCaer/Hekate/releases
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/ (on the OP)
https://gbatemp.net/download/sys-patch-1-5-2-binary-fw-18-1-0-atmosphere-1-7-1.38686/

chower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Yes you can but will no work.

Thank you for answering my queries. I've only just figured out that hekate_ctcaer_x.x.x.bin is really just to reboot to hekate and then chainload fusee.bin from there on, and that reboot_payload.bin is just whichever payload i want it to reboot to (whether hekate or fusee). And due to this new fw requiring a whole new modified fusee just messed up my understanding of it all since i hardly update them often. So thanks again for all your patience!!

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apparently not. I also just realised this, based on the other comments :)
but having tesla is a nice addition, such as the ability to use emuiibo in supported games can only be used with tesla GUI.

well. the game that I tested, sometimes doesn't work. at first, I tried everything seems fine. but some other time, I tried to start the game, it shows game corrupted error. I only tested 2 games, I didn't bother to test all games, but at least for me, it seems the modified fusee.bin not working properly. with sys-patch, it's quite straightforward and all games, including XCI dump all works fine again.

If sys-patch works, but modified fusee.bin doesn’t, then you’re missing the latest sigpatches. Or the sigpatches you have are just plain wrong. But it would be very strange for them to work on some games but not others… the sigpatches are per-Atmosphere and Firmware version, not whatever firmware version the game was made for. 1 game works, they should all work. Unless you’re not actually on the latest firmware and didn’t convert the game to standard crypto during install (in which case it seems fusee should work anyway, but not hekate).

arabtm

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
If sys-patch works, but modified fusee.bin doesn’t, then you’re missing the latest sigpatches. Or the sigpatches you have are just plain wrong. But it would be very strange for them to work on some games but not others… the sigpatches are per-Atmosphere and Firmware version, not whatever firmware version the game was made for. 1 game works, they should all work. Unless you’re not actually on the latest firmware and didn’t convert the game to standard crypto during install (in which case it seems fusee should work anyway, but not hekate).
yes, perhaps.

I really didn't bother to investigate that much. All I remember was that I use the sigpatches from the 1st post, atmosphere 1.7.1 and firmware 18.0.0. maybe the firmware that is wrong? it should be firmware 18.1.0? when I was doing the upgrade, firmware 18.1.0 was not available in the usual place, so I just use 18.0.0 which was available at that time.

I always thought that sigpatches + latest atmosphere is backward compatible with old firmware.

then I tried to replace the sigpatches with the one that was released when firmware 18.0.0 was released and atmosphere 1.7.0, yet I still got the same result.

usually, I never experienced this problem with sigpatches, fusee.bin etc, and I've been doing this since atmosphere was released. so, I'm still not sure what did I miss. but again, maybe I did something wrong, but at least for me the sys-patches method works :)

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every BUILD of Atmosphere needs different patches. Even if you build your own, using the latest source, it will need different sigpatches than the official release. The bundle has all of them (for OFFICIAL releases/builds... build your own Atmosphere, then you need to use sys-patch, or make your own patches for your build), so the latest should always work no matter which version you're using, as long as you're using a modified fusee.bin, or loading package3 with hekate. Atmosphere + Hekate versions should match up though, or there will be dragons...

Last edited by urherenow,

H4X0R46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed new patches got posted to sigma, there's no mention of needing to boot with package3 or a modified fusee.bin, but I'm gonna assume those patches still need one of the above?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I noticed new patches got posted to sigma, there's no mention of needing to boot with package3 or a modified fusee.bin, but I'm gonna assume those patches still need one of the above?
that set of patches got updated to FW 18.1.0 recently. and they included SYS-PATCH inside the sigpatches zip file. that's the only change

sadly the version of SYS-Patch included on the kities sigpatches is a old one ;(

Reactions: Tokiwa and H4X0R46

H4X0R46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that set of patches got updated to FW 18.1.0 recently. and they included SYS-PATCH inside the sigpatches zip file. that's the only change

sadly the version of SYS-Patch included on the kities sigpatches is a old one ;(
Oh.... Well correct me if I'm wrong here, but I thought that if you have a working build of sys-patch, then there's zero reason to even need sigpatches right? Or no? 🤔

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Mozambique
Oh.... Well correct me if I'm wrong here, but I thought that if you have a working build of sys-patch, then there's zero reason to even need sigpatches right? Or no? 🤔

I do not use sigpatches whatsoever. They aren't even on my card and I removed the sigpatch line from my hekate_ipl,ini. Only sys-patch and everything works fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • cearp @ cearp:
    good morning
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking credit score keeps going up and down 7-10 points per month and I'm not even doing anything with it lol
  • M @ Materion:
    Hiya guys :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Ken - good score or bad?
  • cearp @ cearp:
    / going to be making use of it any time soon?

Credit scores are weird but -- like you say, if you're not using it -- not using credit -- that's "bad" for your score
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Trying to improve it at 645
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yet equafax is 678
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You need to show you can use credit / borrow money and pay it back to get a good score.

Some people think that means paying interest -- that is NOT correct.
    For example, some think you need to "carry a balance" on your credit cards, and that if you pay the whole bill at once, that's bad.
    Not true at all. If you can, perfectly fine to pay your card statement in full.

If you want your score to go up, don't close any credit cards - keep them all open as closing an account reduces your average age of credit account, which is bad.

Also how the algorithms work, if you have multiple cards, have the final monthly balance reported on them be 0 (as in pay off early so nothing charged to you in your bill) on all but one card. So only let one card have a balance that's reported to the agencies.

And keep your credit utilization below 30% - so if you're allowed to access $10,000 of credit, don't go above $3,000 or that looks bad.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been doing secured loans
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    645 isn't a bad score but sure can be better. If there are any bad marks on your history, I've seen some people successfully get these removed by asking
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One friend is like 550 I'm like how lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thing is we get so comfortable living we don't really have anything else we want to buy until something happens to said expensive item and then you gotta take another loan to replace that
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I did a secure loan once to build credit - worked well, specifically did a trick where the loan balance was kept at like 3% for 5 years. As having a loan basically paid off is good for your credit score.
    So took out the (small) loan, paid 95% off immediately lol, then paid $2 a month for a few years.
    Not every bank / credit union let you do that, and even the ones that do might think your behavior is weird lol :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Over time secured loans can get you free shit if you're smart about payments the money essentially goes back to you
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Paid like $100-150 or so in interest in total over those 5 years in return for a good bump of my credit score, worth it for me.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Say I want a $600 console I can save $100 per month while paying myself back within 6 months
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Once your credit score is good enough you'll get approved for "good" credit cards, then get benefits with them :) I don't make the most of my benefits, some people truly min/max the whole thing and get enough points for free flights + hotel etc... Takes time though, I'm not that serious about it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At a business perspective they can max at 20k within a month
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Once you get to about 750 you're fine -- I don't believe you get a better rate for car loans / mortgages if you have a score of 820 vs 750.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Oh yeah if you have a business, or even just travel a lot for work, that will get you a ton of points lol
    As many companies get you to book your own travel then reimburse you
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Anyway - speaking of work, I need to get back to work :D Have a good day Ken + all other users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd hate to have that much stress
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Amen
    cearp @ cearp: Amen