Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

music3k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i manually added the sigpatches linked on the last page, and re downloaded the newest atmosphere. my ini file is correct, but i'm getting a yellow screen when i try to boot emunand. its been years since i hacked this thing and i just updated when the new stuff comes out. my ofw partition is on the latest ofw.

anyone have any idea if i did something wrong or what i can do to fix it?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
so i manually added the sigpatches linked on the last page, and re downloaded the newest atmosphere. my ini file is correct, but i'm getting a yellow screen when i try to boot emunand. its been years since i hacked this thing and i just updated when the new stuff comes out. my ofw partition is on the latest ofw.

anyone have any idea if i did something wrong or what i can do to fix it?
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/issues/2215

Reactions: Blythe93

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Almost, it miss the .overlay file as well ;)
Yeah we decided against including the overlay
Maybe it's the patch that's needed? I donno
That nifm patch adds a call to svcSleep, I added it to sys-patch and shared it with h others. So it won't be that
Well I took the dive and updated my Switch to 17.0.0 yesterday alongside all of the latest stuff for it (sigpatches, Atmosphere 1.6.1, firmware 17.0.0 gotten from somewhere, MatterControl and other stuff). The update went through just fine, and it properly reads 17.0.0 alongside Atmosphere 1.6.1.

However, I stumbled upon a really weird issue.
It seems like the game I had in the SD card got corrupted somehow, all of them. I got a fullscreen message as soon as I entered the home screen saying that the "Data in the microSD seems to be corrupted" and that it had to delete the data in the SD, but it only deleted the games it seems, since everything else was still there (all my files, ROMs, atmos setup, etc.)

Any particular reason why this might have happened?
I ran the games just before updating to check them and they ran fine, and just after updating to 17.0.0 I got that message.
Even though the games got deleted, I didn't lose much, I only had BotW, TotK and Skyward HD in the SD, everything else I had in the Switch's internal memory, and those games played fine after the update to 17.0.0 with the updated sigpatches released yesterday (so I can confirm those work :P)

Oh, one last thing, the only module that seems to be screwing up with 17.0.0 is ldn_mitm, anyone knows where I can get an updated one for 17.0.0?
What fw were you on before? I've got a bit of time tomorrow so I'll try and reproduce it

Last edited by TotalJustice,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
  • Wow
Reactions: peteruk and impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
This is the nifm patch: https://armconverter.com/?lock=arm64&code=movz x0, #0xD180 movk x0, #0x8F0, lsl #16 svc #0xB mov x0, xzr ret&offset=0

I added it as a hacky way to address this issue: https://github.com/misson20000/exefs_patches/issues/30

Idk if it fixed it because I couldn't reproduce the linked issue. In fact, no one could. But still, adding a sleep in the middle is harmless and should fix it for anyone that did have the problem
the Sigpatches need an update?
Post automatically merged:

I have no idea what this means. I'm a layman who followed switchguides and everything just worked
you will get a better answer on:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/

Last edited by impeeza,

music3k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the Sigpatches need an update?

you will get a better answer on:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/
will do. thanks

will do. thanks
for anyone who happens to read my question and thinks their problem is related to mine. it was entirely user error. i copied an old atmosphere folder to my sd card and not the newest one. i have no idea why that set off a yellow screen or why i'm missing my exosphere.ini file tho.

Last edited by music3k,

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If im currently on 16.1.0 and wish to update to 17.0.0 and only use sysnand can i update firmware, then update Atmopshere and add new sigpatches and all will be fine.
I will then do a nand backup

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Kinda cool, but what a mess it would be. And I would weight 500 pounds with all my screw ups...