Hacking DEAD [Shutdown]DragonInjector - Game Cart Payload Injector (Trinket M0 Clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wow, that's amazing. Perhaps instead of a USB-C cable, we should just buy or lend him a second Switch. You can find a used Switch (tablet only) for around $90 on eBay.

Puts to rest any thoughts about whether the USB-C splitter could affect the battery life of the injector.

I think the reasoning for a splitter is so that even from full charge the DI might outlast the console, but because it only has one port, the splitter would be required to keep the switch charged and to inject

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the reasoning for a splitter is so that even from full charge the DI might outlast the console, but because it only has one port, the splitter would be required to keep the switch charged and to inject

Well yeah, it sounds like that's exactly what happened last time. But rather than use a splitter, which may or may not affect the battery life and number of injects you get with the DI, with a second console you can leave one on the charger while using the DI with another one.

Either way, over 1000 injects on a single battery, which is replaceable, is more than plenty. I can't wait to buy mine!

Reactions: PyroGoat

MatinatorX

Hardware Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.dragoninjector.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well yeah, it sounds like that's exactly what happened last time. But rather than use a splitter, which may or may not affect the battery life and number of injects you get with the DI, with a second console you can leave one on the charger while using the DI with another one.

Either way, over 1000 injects on a single battery, which is replaceable, is more than plenty. I can't wait to buy mine!
Splitter won't affect the battery life of the DI in any way, since on the battery powered versions the only USB pins connected are D+, D-, and GND. Pretty sure the stability capacitor is the reason for the longer battery life in the most recent test, since I replaced the 1uF cap, which kept the DI on for a good 6-7 seconds after RCM ended, to a 10uF cap, which only keeps it on for under half a second. :)

Quick update for those not on the Discord, the art inserts for the cases should be arriving today, with the cases themselves arriving Monday. This weekend I hope to solder up all the tester units and finish the last part of the firmware, which is the low battery stuff. Hopefully the stickers will arrive next week, and then I can send testers out. If the testers are happy, I'll order that part picker and get to work making as many as I can to put up on Tindie. :P

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Splitter won't affect the battery life of the DI in any way, since on the battery powered versions the only USB pins connected are D+, D-, and GND. Pretty sure the stability capacitor is the reason for the longer battery life in the most recent test, since I replaced the 1uF cap, which kept the DI on for a good 6-7 seconds after RCM ended, to a 10uF cap, which only keeps it on for under half a second. :)

Quick update for those not on the Discord, the art inserts for the cases should be arriving today, with the cases themselves arriving Monday. This weekend I hope to solder up all the tester units and finish the last part of the firmware, which is the low battery stuff. Hopefully the stickers will arrive next week, and then I can send testers out. If the testers are happy, I'll order that part picker and get to work making as many as I can to put up on Tindie. :P
Man can't wait to order mine :D

MatinatorX

Hardware Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.dragoninjector.com
XP
Country
Canada
Posters came in. :D

Shame the Switch case uses such a cloudy plastic but it still looks pretty good.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Did the low battery code work on my test code? Wondered if you tried it and what changes you made :)

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

MatinatorX

Hardware Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.dragoninjector.com
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, thanks everyone, you're all way too kind! I'm not sure what's been more enjoyable, working on the project or working with such a great community. :D

I'm glad everyone likes the case art! Hopefully the stickers arrive this week so I can post those as well. Each DragonInjector will ship with two stickers in the color ordered, one with holes for the buttons for @mattytrog 's firmware and one without for ArgonNX. You can also use it without a sticker if you like since button labels are embossed into the case. :)

Last edited by MatinatorX,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wow, thanks everyone, you're all way too kind! I'm not sure what's been more enjoyable, working on the project or working with such a great community. :D

I'm glad everyone likes the case art! Hopefully the stickers arrive this week so I can post those as well. Each DragonInjector will ship with two stickers in the color ordered, one with holes for the buttons for @mattytrog 's firmware and one without for ArgonNX. You can also use it without a sticker if you like since button labels are embossed into the case. :)

Thank you for making such an awesome product :)

Can't wait for it to get here... going to be a late birthday present to me I think lol

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The discord is where we can buy one right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...