Suggestion ShoutBox User Requests

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As time goes on we've seen a few changes to the ShoutBox that aren't there either because of the change to Xenoforo, or from some other reason.

BBCode Rich Text Editor (Some peeps like using it to post emotes, that don't know the BBCode.)
Ignoring People (Because we don't like certain people, often leads to arguing.)

I'd also like a feature where when someone posts in the shoutbox that the title on the GBAtemp tab on the Web browser changes. (Sort of like when we get a PM, or an alert, there's a red 1 on it.) But not on every page, just when we have the Shoutbox page open.

Shoutbox master race signing out.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ignore feature is kinda screwy on Xenofro. I had some people ignored for a while, but instead of telling you were they posted in a thread, the post was completely omitted. So if you didnt know what you were looking at things could get weird.

Lets say that you ignored the OP of a thread. When you open that thread, the actual OP would be the first response, leading you to believe that the first response was the OP. Which in most cases, doesnt come close to making sense.

Take it a step further. If the (ignored) OP and only one other person are participating in a conversation, the thread would look like the (not) ignored member is talking to themselves. Logically,, you are left stumbling till you figure out that the ignored members post dont even show up like a deleted or moderated post.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
  • the ignore system should apply to the shoutbox
  • needs a king
  • I should be king
    In all seriousness though, I'm sure it's all sorts of fiddly, but as someone that never frequents the main forums, the ignore feature would be great for hiding the mindless drivel of certain members in the 'box :toot:

• o right, also can we have the archive back? that was a fantastic feature :wub:

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ALL I WANT TO DO IS IGNORE THOSE STUPID PEOPLE.

OH AND POST
LpvySJE.gif

Sign dis. We have a petition now. ;O; Everyone sign.

https://www.change.org/petitions/gbatemp-administrators-give-rights-features-to-shoutbox-users

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1