Gaming Should Nintendo continue with the Opera Web Browser?

Should Nintendo continue with the Opera Web Browser?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
SS4 said:
Otherwise maybe a SCDS2 browser that could do it since i think the CPU is better than the DSi one. But that aint up to Nintendo
tongue.gif

Except the SCDS2 was not designed to take in kilobytes of data at a time, only enough for button and touch-screen input, which can be done with a few bytes per frame.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell no. I think they'd be better off with a faster browser like Chromium or Firefox. I'll admit that Opera is the most powerful PC browser on it's own, but it's not enough. I'll also admit that Opera has the best alternative browser for feature phones. They also did a good job on the Wii's browser, however, I dislike the Opera browser for DSi (never tried it on Lite). Even my retarded phone is smart enough to know that it doesn't have a lot of ram, and should thus lower image quality since the user can't tell the difference on that tiny screen anyway.

It's also pretty clunky on DSi, anyway. I want a browser that zooms, not one that stumbles.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2011/03/24/...for-3d-console/
QUOTE said:
“I’m enormously proud that our experience and expertise with browser technology has been part of the development of the Nintendo 3DS, which is a revolutionary 3D gaming device. We remain committed to developing new cutting-edge solutions that will support the Nintendo 3DS in the marketplace and promote the ongoing growth and development of the gaming market at the global level,” said Tomihisa Kamada, president and CEO, ACCESS.
This is what you call a source.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
mysticwaterfall said:
I would think this topic is a moot point, since it's been confirmed for a while that Nintendo is using Netfront on the 3DS.
See this is it. Nintendo didn't confirm it.
Some newspaper writer did.
Here we now have confirmation from Acess, the company who make netfront.

Skitty22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Everyone is forgetting with flash , especially flash 10 it is not a case of they wont it's more a case of cant because unless the processor is Arm cortex it is not very easy to support flash especially with ARM 11 to date only a few devices have flash support but they are mostly installed with flash lite. the 3DS is not powerful enough to support a full version of flash and i dont think it will get lite ethier for the below reasons

nintendo are not exactly friends with adobe and neither is Apple , apple often comes out and say's we hate adobe , which is kinda stupid considering photoshop is made by adobe and that works on mac !.

I think they need to keep working on the browser and get it sorted so that it can support HTML 5 then it could become regardless of flash a pretty powerful internet browser.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dylan said:
From memory, Opera wasn't too my liking on the DS lite. Voting no/I hope they make something better

It's because the DS really isn't powerful enough to browse the internet without problems. I've been using Opera for the past 3 years, it's better than all the others for Windows IMO.
I definately say keep it on 3DS.

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NO!!! I hated the Opera browser! I'm glad that NetFront is doing the 3DS' browser, or at least with the processing power they could add a Flash feature to it, being that it's more powerful than the Wii. Then we could watch Cyanide and Happiness, or Blunty's rants on how shitty some new gaming console called the 3DS is... LOL JK to the last comment, but I do want a video feature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.