Gaming Should Nintendo continue with the Opera Web Browser?

Should Nintendo continue with the Opera Web Browser?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
KingVamp said:
Yes if they make it run as fast/well as the psp browser
http://dsdatabase.org/entry.php/158-PSP-20...et-Browser-Test

LOL speed ain't everything
smile.gif
yea I forgot I was using the app Netfront Internet Browser for my psp
tongue.gif
lol , although I thought the psp browser was better >.> my bad

well they should improve it to at least run videos on the web
tongue.gif

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DJ91990 said:
I think Nintendo should get another web browser platform that can support Youtube and Flash like Google Chrome.
Why Nintendo chose opera in the first place is beyond me as Opera's Internet Browser is the slowest internet web browser on the charts.
1 = Google Chrome
2 = Mozilla Firefox
3 = Safiri
4 = Internet Explorer
X = Opera Browser

*snip
What the hell is this?
Please don't make shit like this up.

From my experience, it should be somewhere like:
1- Google Chrome
2- Safari
3- Opera
4- Firefox
x- IE

(Depending on other people, Opera and Firefox may be switched around).

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
Chrome > Firefox > Opera > Safari > IE.

My experience. This is speed wise since if it was like wise then Firefox would be on top.
tongue.gif

This. Only reason I still use Firefox is the plugins for it just work better. Plus, I don't believe Chrome has anything like DownThemAll or VideoDownload Helper yet.

Jemlee

Trophies
Website
www.arwingnet.co.cc
XP
Country
Looking at the last couple posts I don't understand why people are using computer browsers to compare...

The real way to decide is look at the current mobile browsers: Opera and Mozilla's new one.

Unless another company e.g. google
decides to help with a mobile browser.

Anyway those who say safari 4 the pc is good need to realize they have to stop falling for brand image and focus on results.

J3/\/\ 133

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
BoxShot said:

My experience. This is speed wise since if it was like wise then Firefox would be on top.
tongue.gif

This. Only reason I still use Firefox is the plugins for it just work better. Plus, I don't believe Chrome has anything like DownThemAll or VideoDownload Helper yet.
I personally don't like Chrome's interface with the options and everything on that one button on the side.
tongue.gif
I like Opera over it. (IIRC since I don't have it)

@Jemlee Well I don't like Safari but it is better than IE.
tongue.gif
You should have seen Safari's piss poor performance on my older computer. Was WTF slower than IE.
ohmy.gif

Mozilla's one is Fennec. I believe Android uses a mobile chrome for their browser. (whoops period is in the wrong place)

Jemlee

Trophies
Website
www.arwingnet.co.cc
XP
Country
BoxShot said:
shinkukage09 said:
BoxShot said:

tongue.gif

I personally don't like Chrome's interface with the options and everything on that one button on the side.
tongue.gif
I like Opera over it. (IIRC since I don't have it)

@Jemlee Well I don't like Safari but it is better than IE.
tongue.gif
You should have seen Safari's piss poor performance on my older computer. Was WTF slower than IE.
ohmy.gif

Mozilla's one is Fennec I believe. Android uses a mobile chrome for their browser.

Nice Boxshot! correct!
lecture.gif
yaywii.gif

Lol, anyway yes I think we should be thinking about those mobile browsers, any ideas anyone? I personally don't see google teaming with nintendo anytime soon.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really dunno how to vote on this. I'll just say the browser as is is more or less functional but has some glaring holes that are just downright disgusting in this day and age. They need to go back and make some more updates at Opera HQ and get an update out there. If they refuse to get some updates in there to bring it up to snuff, fire their stupid asses and use as others have said Chrome considering it has a tiny overhead and they have mobile browser know hot too with that Android setup on mobiles.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
As far as I can tell, it works. It gets the job done. I don't do too much web surfing on my gaming devices anyway.

That said, I would love to see an open-source browser here instead, such as the non-memory-intensive Chrome. Great browser, really is.

zuron7

RBYG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
gameguy95 said:
DJ91990 said:
I think Nintendo should get another web browser platform that can support Youtube and Flash like Google Chrome.
Why Nintendo chose opera in the first place is beyond me as Opera's Internet Browser is the slowest internet web browser on the charts.
1 = Google Chrome
2 = Mozilla Firefox
3 = Safiri
4 = Internet Explorer
X = Opera Browser

Also Google Chrome is currently deemed "un-hackable" and continued use of Opera Browser may leave security holes in the systems to become hacked or bricked.

Now most tempers out there might want Nintendo to leave holes in a console's security so that "homebrew" can be run but let's face it, most tempers (including myself) just want to be able to hack a system so we can load commercial ROMs on the system.

This DOES hurt game developers and publishers because of lost revenue and sales.

This causes the end consumer to deal with bullshit like "needing a voucher to play online"(-Sony PSP) or "constant internet connection to be maintained to play the game in general" -(EA Games for PC)

This is why I think Nintendo should drop the Opera Browser and use Google Chrome.
i would like to know why the hell you pull this shit out of you ass because i have tried all of those internet browsers and the real order is more like this:
1)google chrome
2)safari
3)opera browser
4)mozilla firefox
x)internet explorer
Both of you are wrong the actual order is
1)Google Chrome
2)Mozilla Firefox
3)Safari and Opera
4)Internet Explorer
5)Others

Anyways, looking at Opera's work on the iPhone I consider they should continue with them.

qlum

Posting when needed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
zuron7 said:
gameguy95 said:
DJ91990 said:
1 = Google Chrome
2 = Mozilla Firefox
3 = Safiri
4 = Internet Explorer
X = Opera Browser

Also Google Chrome is currently deemed "un-hackable" and continued use of Opera Browser may leave security holes in the systems to become hacked or bricked.

Now most tempers out there might want Nintendo to leave holes in a console's security so that "homebrew" can be run but let's face it, most tempers (including myself) just want to be able to hack a system so we can load commercial ROMs on the system.

This DOES hurt game developers and publishers because of lost revenue and sales.

This causes the end consumer to deal with bullshit like "needing a voucher to play online"(-Sony PSP) or "constant internet connection to be maintained to play the game in general" -(EA Games for PC)

This is why I think Nintendo should drop the Opera Browser and use Google Chrome.
i would like to know why the hell you pull this shit out of you ass because i have tried all of those internet browsers and the real order is more like this:
1)google chrome
2)safari
3)opera browser
4)mozilla firefox
x)internet explorer
1)Google Chrome
2)Mozilla Firefox
3)Safari and Opera
4)Internet Explorer
5)Others

Anyways, looking at Opera's work on the iPhone I consider they should continue with them.

actually if you look at browser usage its
1) Internet Explorer 54.44%
2) Mozilla Firefox31.27%
3) Google Chrome 7.29%
4) Safari 5.50%
5) Opera 1.97%

and my order would be

1) firefox
2) opera
3) crome
4) maybe safari "never tried it"
5) no browser at all
6) internet explorer

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
qlum said:
zuron7 said:
gameguy95 said:
DJ91990 said:
1 = Google Chrome
2 = Mozilla Firefox
3 = Safiri
4 = Internet Explorer
X = Opera Browser

1)google chrome
2)safari
3)opera browser
4)mozilla firefox
x)internet explorer
1)Google Chrome
2)Mozilla Firefox
3)Safari and Opera
4)Internet Explorer
5)Others

actually if you look at browser usage its
1) Internet Explorer 54.44%
2) Mozilla Firefox31.27%
3) Google Chrome 7.29%
4) Safari 5.50%
5) Opera 1.97%

Those statistics mean absolutely nothing. The ONLY reason IE still holds over 50% is because 50% of people are still damn computer noobs who don't know that anything other then IE exists. And Microsoft sure isn't going to tell them otherwise.

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And stupid school computers only use internet explorer, as well as most library's.
Only way to use a different one is to hack it.. or find glitches to run programs, if they have it blocked like in my school.

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And stupid school computers only use internet explorer, as well as most library's.
Only way to use a different one is to hack it.. or find glitches to run programs, if they have it blocked like in my school.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I think they should make their own browser, and thank Opera for their expertise on the Wii and DSi.
Base it on webkit and either pay flash the royalties, or have the webm container handle(vp8 and thora) installed on each unit for HTML5.

D

Deleted_171835

Nintendo should just build a whole new browser from the ground up like Sony did.
As to why they would you use a version of the existing Opera browser is beyond me.

@Nollog:
If they were to pay Adobe (or whoever) royalties for Flash, they would have to charge for the browser to cover the cost.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
Nintendo should just build a whole new browser from the ground up like Sony did.
As to why they would you use a version of the existing Opera browser is beyond me.

@Nollog:
If they were to pay Adobe (or whoever) royalties for Flash, they would have to charge for the browser to cover the cost.
That COULD work. They sold the Nintendo DS Lite browser for 30 bucks, right?

Obviously, it would have to be a lot cheaper here, but 5-10 bucks is a good price for a total mobile web-browsing experience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte