Hacking Should I wait for the Supercard 3DS flashcart or buy Gateway now?

Endrit49

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been withholding from buying a 3DS flashcart since Gateway has been released in case a better one came out.

idk, I've been waiting for pretty damn long and I want to play my 3DS again

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You should install RXTools as said above, it has every feature I'm sure you want right now, but first, use Gateway launcher to make a NAND backup, is the most important thing you should do before anything.

Reactions: SektorZero

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eh, there's still at least ONE reason to prefer a flash cart to cfw, that is native loading of .3ds files. cia takes a little while to build from 3ds files, and takes a while to install as well...I suspect it probably won't take all that much longer before someone hammers out a native .3ds loader though.

Reactions: cvskid

Link'sSpiritualAwakening

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSTwo plus whatever is vaporware

rxTools has been out for a min but the signature patching which negated Gateway for O3ds just came out in the last couple weeks.

However I recommend CakesFW. I wasn't able to get the latest smash running on RX despite my best efforts and with cakes you can choose to boot into system or emu without installing yet another mod.

The newest ReinandCFW also shows promise, but my friend needed to upgrade his 4.5 Palantine and Cakes was seamless. I don't know if Reinand does this.

Although just because Cakes is my personal fav doesnt mean that itll be the one that gets continued support in the scene. You may want to bet your horses on the one that will have the most support/updates/features in the future. Which one will the community rally around? Because switching later will surely be a pain.

Also Pasta is good if you have New 3ds or you dont mind just installing everything on sysnand (I don't anymore. Just dont mess up your version of mset or try to install updates or anything and youll be fine. Being on all sysnand is convenient because you can also rock out gba and dsiware games along with your others)

Last edited by Link'sSpiritualAwakening,
Reactions: SektorZero

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I used to say that Gateway was king (for better or worse) but now I'd only recommend it if you have a n3DS. For o3DS, go with one of the free methods :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.