Should I upgrade my phone?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by dragonblood9999, Aug 22, 2019.

1. dragonblood9999
    OP

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    I currently have a Galaxy s7 with koodo and I'm currently paying $86ish monthly. Through my companies work perks I can get a Galaxy S10 Plus with Telus for $91 a month after tax. The only thing is with Koodo I get 11GB and with telus I would get 10GB of data. Is the upgrade worth it?

My company also has perks with Rogers but it would be almost $140 after taxes for the same phone with only 1GB of data, so no thanks.

PS I know that telus owns koodo

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    1GB is nothing u will not even know it's gone

felix.200 likes this.
  3. Shadow#1

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    I definitely would
    [​IMG]

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I would say no. I have an S7 Edge and I'm planning on keeping it for a couple more years. Phones haven't improved that much in the past few years and it still's still as snappy and responsive as it was on day 1, battery is still good too.

Edit: Somehow right before the forum went down for maintenance my (accidental double)post got merged with Shadow's. Never seen that glitch before. Must be some 1 in a million timing-based bug, where the merge happened exactly as Shadow made his post.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Aug 23, 2019
  5. Shadow#1
    This message by Shadow#1 has been removed from public view by WeedZ, Aug 24, 2019, Reason: Double post.
    Aug 22, 2019
  6. Chary

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Senior Editor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Not an android user really, but the upgrade I made from the iPhone 6S+ to the iPhone X was so incredibly worth it. I would say if the S7 is 4 years old or around that, it'd be a decent upgrade.

Seriel likes this.
  7. Durelle

Durelle GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Durelle is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 22, 2016
    Canada
    NB, Canada
    I'm actually a Telus/Koodo salesman. (My store does dualbrand) ATM the discounts for the s10 series is pretty good on Telus. The summer sale is going well. But there are lots of options for Android. I personally use a P20 Pro , and the pixel phones I wouldn't recommend them over the other flagships due to pure price/performance. Especially since Samsung has a nice sale going on with us. 91$ a month is pretty good honestly I mean the phone is worth over 1700$ I think or 1400$ I forget.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Feel free to DM me for questions

8. dragonblood9999
    OP

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    Thanks for everyone's input I'll probably be upgrading this weekend. I dont really need too but I'll be getting a newer phone and only be paying like $5 more more or less.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

9. Elemi

Elemi Cute and wholesome~

Feb 29, 2012
    United Kingdom
    L o c a t e d
    I mean, what do you do on it? I have an S7, run a web server and dev dev setup with a Linux environment, have V4A Dolby and JamesDSP audio, lots of games and not really hit a performance wall yet.

I mean, unless you wanna play Fortnite or something on your phone (why lol? gaming is for PC), I do not see the point in spending money on nothing that expensive, the camera is all that I would upgrade for, but I have a real camera for that, so don't need to spend all that money.

If you got money knocking around, sure, lol.

EDIT: you can also get Android 9 with Samsung One UI on the S7/EDGE, works great.

Last edited by Elemi, Aug 24, 2019
  10. Shadow#1

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Yea glad your upgrading u will love your new hardware

11. PityOnU

PityOnU GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 5, 2012
    United States
    Dang dude, I thought cell companies in the USA had price gouging... $86 a month for an S7 with 11GB of data? Woof!

12. mj2017

mj2017 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2017
    Singapore
    If you're after the data only, I suggest no. But if you want the phone and don't bother the data you're getting, then yes.

13. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    No. I'm still using Galaxy S4.

14. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    Two words: WAIT 5G