Hacking should i update

reg1984

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi ive got wiigator on my sons wii and its been great, no problems at all over the last year but ive just bought super mario galaxy 2 and its saying i have to update the software before i can play the game.

ive been told that if i update it then all my "back up" disks that hes got which is over 50 will not work anymore.

any advice will be appreciated as im at a cross roads wether to update it so he can play the new game but i dont want the 50 that hes got at the minute to become obsolete

cheers

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
All you really need to do is install Priiloader and enable the system menu hacks to disable updates.
Alternatively, u can use neogamma to launch the discs and it will not prompt u for an update.

FYI, u should consider making the switch to a usb-loader, it is much more convenient and faster than backup discs.

PS. if u ever want to fully update all your Wii's softmods, check out ModMii from my signature.

reg1984

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
cheers for the reply mate thats put my mind at rest, how do i go about installing priiloader?

the games i used to get were bought already on a disk so i dont know much about the usb uploader. unfortunatly i cant get these anymore .

i dont know anywhere on the net yet that i can get games from but thats my next task trying to find a source

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
dude, why did u have to go and say that. I hate helping pirates... I would have honestly prefered being oblivious to your pirate ways. Due to your intentions, this is likely going to be my last post in this thread (be thankful I even wrote this much).

I recommend u download ModMii from my signature, first go to the options page and disable updating active IOSs (so that it will not overwrite your corped IOSs, although u can always reinstall darkcorp anyways) then run the ModMii Wizard and tell it your Wii is a virgin, even if its not (this will update all your softmods), answer the rest of the questions truthfully. Then it will download all the files u need and give you instructions on how to do everything (including installing priiloader and enabling system menu hacks).

You can backup your discs (both originals and copies) to an external hard drive and use that to play/store your games. If you decide to go this route, after using the ModMii Wizard run ModMii's usb-loader setup guide, it will again download everything u need and generate a guide for u to follow.

Please support nintendo, ubisoft, etc. and don't pirate games. Just backup your original games, that way if the copies ever get damaged u still have the original.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol