1. AnonDragon

OP AnonDragon Member
    Newcomer

Colombia
    Hello, I have the following situation... Apparently, after upgrading to Atmosphere 0.9.x (0.9.4 in my last attempt) I have found trouble installing NSPs via USB (Nut) Lithium (latest, no errors installing): it won't open and shows the message "The software was closed because an error occurred". I am on FW 7.0.1 and have the most recent sig/es/kip patches on my SD card (these: https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/ ).

Something to note is that these NSPs are relatively recent (latest Smash Ultimate's Update+DLCs on SD card and Crash Team Racing Base + Update on system memory). Someone told me that the solution could be upgrading firmware to 8.1.0 (or was it 8.0.1?), but is it really necessary? I really don't want to mess with firmware unless it's the last option (that's a scary procedure and need to read a lot, even though I have my NAND Backup). Any other ideas about this? Am I missing something? Should I try downgrading Atmosphere to a previous version?

I discarded SD card problems because one of the games is launched from system memory and I haven't had any other problems with SD stuff. I don't use or have installed any cheat engine, so what I saw on https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-software-was-closed-because-an-error-occurred.533703/ is discarded too. I checked for corrupted data as well, and found none, and I deleted CTR's save data, and that was discarded as well. Reinstalled plenty of times with stuff from different sources, so don't think these are broken NSPs as I get the same result.

Thank you for your attention.

(UPDATE)

This problem was solved by carefully updating my FW to 8.1.0 with ChoiDujourNX

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  2. Y0sh1

Y0sh1 GBAtemp Regular

Ireland
    the 4.10 version if tinfoil/lithium has this message in the release notes

source: https://tinfoil.io/Download#download

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  3. AnonDragon

OP AnonDragon Member
    Newcomer

Colombia
    Thank you for your reply.

I see that goes for Tinfoil... I should assume it goes for Lithium as well, right?

Checking the zipped file, I do see atmosphere+patches stuff. The question is... should I entirely replace what I have on my card of atmosphere/etc. for the contents of this file? Or should I put all things together inside it (merging what I have with the new content)? And is this thought as a fix for install processes, or for already installed things?

(Update)

Attempted using only the contents of the zipped file and every game gave a data corruption error when opened. Backtracking to my previous setup luckily did not show any sign of corruption and things went back to normal.

Should I assume then this process is for installation with Tinfoil/Lithium only?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - firmware, [SOLVED], Should