Hacking Question Should I update firmware to 8.x.x? [SOLVED]

AnonDragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello, I have the following situation... Apparently, after upgrading to Atmosphere 0.9.x (0.9.4 in my last attempt) I have found trouble installing NSPs via USB (Nut) Lithium (latest, no errors installing): it won't open and shows the message "The software was closed because an error occurred". I am on FW 7.0.1 and have the most recent sig/es/kip patches on my SD card (these: https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/ ).

Something to note is that these NSPs are relatively recent (latest Smash Ultimate's Update+DLCs on SD card and Crash Team Racing Base + Update on system memory). Someone told me that the solution could be upgrading firmware to 8.1.0 (or was it 8.0.1?), but is it really necessary? I really don't want to mess with firmware unless it's the last option (that's a scary procedure and need to read a lot, even though I have my NAND Backup). Any other ideas about this? Am I missing something? Should I try downgrading Atmosphere to a previous version?

I discarded SD card problems because one of the games is launched from system memory and I haven't had any other problems with SD stuff. I don't use or have installed any cheat engine, so what I saw on https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-software-was-closed-because-an-error-occurred.533703/ is discarded too. I checked for corrupted data as well, and found none, and I deleted CTR's save data, and that was discarded as well. Reinstalled plenty of times with stuff from different sources, so don't think these are broken NSPs as I get the same result.

Thank you for your attention.

(UPDATE)

This problem was solved by carefully updating my FW to 8.1.0 with ChoiDujourNX

Last edited by AnonDragon,

AnonDragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
the 4.10 version if tinfoil/lithium has this message in the release notes

source: https://tinfoil.io/Download#download

Thank you for your reply.

I see that goes for Tinfoil... I should assume it goes for Lithium as well, right?

Checking the zipped file, I do see atmosphere+patches stuff. The question is... should I entirely replace what I have on my card of atmosphere/etc. for the contents of this file? Or should I put all things together inside it (merging what I have with the new content)? And is this thought as a fix for install processes, or for already installed things?

(Update)

Attempted using only the contents of the zipped file and every game gave a data corruption error when opened. Backtracking to my previous setup luckily did not show any sign of corruption and things went back to normal.

Should I assume then this process is for installation with Tinfoil/Lithium only?

Last edited by AnonDragon,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: