acesniper

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been away from the scene when bootmii arrived so now I think I should install it, but on the Readme it says that:

README said:
...we recommend that only expert users or developers install it.

Since I am neither of the two, should a regular user install it even though it is in it's beta stage? Will it be of use to me?

Mathew_Wi

bye
Trophies
XP
Country
You wont get bricked if you do a nand backup from bootmii. Don't be playing with cIOS jk
tongue.gif

It's just protection for the wii.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No reason not to have extra brick protection in my opinion. Frankly I don't see why they have that warning since it's pretty hard to screw something up with BootMii installed even if you try.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm neither of those as well and I've installed it fine. It's some good assurance to protect against Wii bricks, not to mention some lazy access to the HBC.

The only drawback is no Wii remote support, so you'll have to not be lazy and fetch the GC remote. Although if you have a wireless one...

acesniper

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, it works fine but is there anyway to make it not appear during the startup (like Preloader)? I hate going all the way next to my Wii just to hit A on the GC pad.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
acesniper said:
Ok, it works fine but is there anyway to make it not appear during the startup (like Preloader)? I hate going all the way next to my Wii just to hit A on the GC pad.

You can either edit the config file (set countdown to 0) or you could download a HBC app named BootMii Configuration Editor.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
acesniper said:

Either rename the bootmii folder on your SD card or use the bootmii configuration editor app (it's somewhere in the boot2 section of the bootmii part of my guide) to set it to autoboot either the system menu or the HBC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-