Homebrew Should i install a CFW ?

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
CFW has the same brick risk as RedNand. Thats because CFW loads Rednand. Although it does take space. Also, it doesnt make you need it. You can pass on it. Hachi has a bigger brick risk (CBH)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No I havent. Also oops.
Wrong unless you live in the past :> , CFW loads either emunand , rednand(obsolete) or sysnand and applies patches to protect from bricks(except rednand), In the present modern age we have A9LH so bricking is like pressing a red button that says "I brick you"

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Wrong unless you live in the past :> , CFW loads either emunand , rednand(obsolete) or sysnand and applies patches to protect from bricks(except rednand), In the present modern age we have A9LH so bricking is like pressing a red button that says "I brick you"
Are you sure you can use emuNAND on Wii U? EmuNAND was a word coined by the Gateway team, with redNAND being the more general term ("redirected NAND"). On 3DS, they grew to have different definitions because emuNAND is constructed a little differently. Of course, Gateway never made anything for Wii U, so there has only ever been one term, "redNAND". Unless I missed it.

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you sure you can use emuNAND on Wii U? EmuNAND was a word coined by the Gateway team, with redNAND being the more general term ("redirected NAND"). On 3DS, they grew to have different definitions because emuNAND is constructed a little differently. Of course, Gateway never made anything for Wii U, so there has only ever been one term, "redNAND". Unless I missed it.
Oh lelz me bad thought we was talking 3DS talk since I just skim read :> , anyways I'm out , I don't do WII U talk >:<

Reactions: Quantumcat

SWRosetta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just came to say that getting CFW is worth it , and 3DS guide is literally dummy proof.

Followed it and it's very easy. You should have like 0.1% of having damages following that guide , and even so it would be your fault because as i said , the guide is dummy proof.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
That guide would not have helped the OP in the least. You need at least an OTP backup to fix a brick that is caused by using a non-legit DS title when installing CBHC.

There is no backup section in that guide.

That is one of the worst guides you can use and none of the respected members on this site recommend using it.

@HugaTheFox the just thought you might like to see some other people's opinions on wiiu.guide.

D

Deleted User

There are way more benefits not having rednand anyway. Mostly sd card space.
Yeah, Coldboot, atleast it doesn't corrupt.
The worst thing is that you can't tell those self-centered Plaitec's fanatics that it's bad.
I'd even follow another guide rather than 3ds.guide.

Elichika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should only follow 3ds.guide for 3DS hacking as of now. It is most up to date guide for 3DS and is usually updated within a day (like when 11.3 became downgradable).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, Coldboot, atleast it doesn't corrupt.
The worst thing is that you can't tell those self-centered Plaitec's fanatics that it's bad.
I'd even follow another guide rather than 3ds.guide.

You should not recommend any other guide than 3ds.guide in the 3DS hacking scene. Nintendo constantly updates the 3DS and only 3ds.guide is always up to date.
Also, just saying wiiu.guide has already been updated to not include redNAND in the set up due to many people complaining that they don't have a 64GB SD card.

Last edited by Elichika,
D

Deleted User

Also, just saying wiiu.guide has already been updated to not include redNAND in the set up due to many people complaining that they don't have a 64GB SD card.
Saw our user created guides which are always up-to-date? They're way better than wiiu.guide and explain everything, not just "Do that".

Elichika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Saw our user created guides which are always up-to-date? They're way better than wiiu.guide and explain everything, not just "Do that".

Well, if you're smart enough you should always do some research before tinkering with your device. I personally followed FlimFlam69's guide on GitHub (and also lurked in GBATemp for info) to hack my Wii U. Plailect worked with FlimFlam69 to make wiiu.guide, so it is almost identical to FlimFlam69's guide. Only difference is that it is a straight up step-by-step guide to install Haxchi/CBHC (optional) on Wii U without explaining much about what it actually is. Even so if you strictly follow wiiu.guide without doing research you shoudn't be bricking your Wii U. It is a safe guide to follow. Therefore you can't just call a guide awful just because you do not like it for whatever reason.

But staying on topic here, 3ds.guide is the golden guide for hacking your 3DS. Any other guides are not recommended, especially video guides as they become outdated very quickly.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually it is bad. It advises installing redNAND which is completely useless and causes heaps of problems and isn't recommended by anybody in the forums. Probably the guide has other issues as well.
Oh, I didn't know that. I haven't actually used the wiiu.guide but I read through it and it seemed just as easy to follow as the 3ds.guide. *shrugs*

I still stand by what I said about the 3ds.guide though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated