Homebrew Should i install a CFW ?

Squader_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone, my o3DS is on 11.3, and i'm going to install a CFW. But I fear the brick of my system. Should I install it ?

Sorry for my english.

D

Deleted User

So i have to listen the 3ds.guide ?

Cordially,
Maybe.
I'm not a hacker from 3DS, just follow whatever guide you think is the most user friendly. I wouldn't personally recommend any site ending with .guide but go ahead and read and see if you even understand it.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe.
I'm not a hacker from 3DS, just follow whatever guide you think is the most user friendly. I wouldn't personally recommend any site ending with .guide but go ahead and read and see if you even understand it.
Advising them to follow any guide other than 3ds.guide will get their system bricked. 3ds.guide is the only guide around that people not only refer people to, but is also constantly updated to avoid bricks.

@Squader_ Just follow 3ds.guide and you will be fine. Don't listen to Felek666.

patriqdesigns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes 3ds,guide is the way to go. Just be sure to read all warnings!
If you read it all the guide is super easy to follow and will probably take you 3 hours to complete :)
Have fun!

D

Deleted User

Advising them to follow any guide other than 3ds.guide will get their system bricked. 3ds.guide is the only guide around that people not only refer people to, but is also constantly updated to avoid bricks.
It isn't the same with wiiu.guide but i guess i'm not a 3DS junkie.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Or maybe you just suck. Both of those guide are the epitome of guides. If only every guide was half as thought out as Plailect's guides.
Actually it is bad. It advises installing redNAND which is completely useless and causes heaps of problems and isn't recommended by anybody in the forums. Probably the guide has other issues as well.

HugaTheFox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually it is bad. It advises installing redNAND which is completely useless and causes heaps of problems and isn't recommended by anybody in the forums. Probably the guide has other issues as well.
Rednand is actual better than using sysnand. Unlike the 3DS, the Wii U does not have something like A9LH. In reddit's WiiUhacks, they recommend it. Brick protection

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If its awful why do many people not brick. Instead of OPERATIONiDROID's Video guide
I don't hate idroid as much as i hate his discord. I can't remember the last time i was so mad i was legitimately flustered. This person was having issues with an update, so i suggested downloading the update from freeshop. Saying that sentence got me a strike. Next i said XXXXshop instead. Users reported me and that was strike 2. Hell you can't even talk about gba vc injection without getting banned. It was so bad i had to invite people 1 by 1 into my own personal 3ds tech support server so i could solve their problem uncensored.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Rednand is actual better than using sysnand. Unlike the 3DS, the Wii U does not have something like A9LH. In reddit's WiiUhacks, they recommend it. Brick protection
No, it's bad. RedNAND provides zero brick protection and increases brick risk and breaks vWii. Plus it takes up space (32GB in the case of black Wii Us).

HugaTheFox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it's bad. RedNAND provides zero brick protection and increases brick risk and breaks vWii. Plus it takes up space (32GB in the case of black Wii Us).
CFW has the same brick risk as RedNand. Thats because CFW loads Rednand. Although it does take space. Also, it doesnt make you need it. You can pass on it. Hachi has a bigger brick risk (CBH)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I said his discord. I like discord. Did you actually read my Piracy rant?
No I havent. Also oops.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...