Hacking Should I homebrew my wii?

FamousBug_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's right again. It needs to be connected to a Wii Remote that is paired to the console. There are some knockoff Classic Controllers that plug into the GC ports, but they won't be able to navigate the Wii Menu. An alternative to all of this if you really want to go that route is Homebrewing and installing Priiloader or something like that, which will allow you to navigate your Wii in simplified menus with any controller you might want to use. I do this when I want to just boot up a game or homebrew without touching my Wii Remote.

Priiloader is accessed, when installed, by holding the Reset button while powering on the console.
is priiloader a homebrew app or homebrew type?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can use a classic controller for GC games with Nintendont. So wiimote nunchuk and classic controller.
you can use a classic controller with normal nintendo

FamousBug_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So to conclude, I need a wiimote, nunchuck, classic controller (no gamecube controller needed) and a good size sd card (is 32gb good)
Which emulators work with wii (gamecube, n64, snes are some i need, will they all work, whether its vc or emu)

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
So to conclude, I need a wiimote, nunchuck, classic controller (no gamecube controller needed) and a good size sd card (is 32gb good)
Which emulators work with wii (gamecube, n64, snes are some i need, will they all work, whether its vc or emu)
SD card can be any size. Games are stored on an USB device. So, you also need a USB flashdrive or and USB HDD.

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
so my vc and emus go on hdd (in this case a usb or portable hdd) and sd for getting homebrew
HDD - Wii games, Gamecube games

Wii Internal memory - WiiWare, Virtual Console, Saves

SD card - Backups of saves, Emulators, Homebrew, DLC, WiiWare, Virtual Console

(WiiWare and Virtual Console can be either on the SD card or in the internal memory. Your choice.)

FamousBug_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
HDD - Wii games, Gamecube games

Wii Internal memory - WiiWare, Virtual Console, Saves

SD card - Backups of saves, Emulators, Homebrew, WiiWare, Virtual Console

(WiiWare and Virtual Console can be either on the SD card or in the internal memory. Your choice.)
so is the hdd a physical portable hdd or usb?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends how many games you want. Wii games are anywhere from less than 1 GB to 7 GB, GC games are almost all 1.35 GB unless they have two discs then 2.71 GB. I'd go for at least 250 GB if you want a lot of games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: These are selling out quickly, hard to find: