Hacking Question Should i get Reinx or SX OS

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
TX has a cheaper dongle version too The SX Gear which makes it easier to use different cfw. But yeah the only thing he should worry about is which dongle is the cheapest and just run Reinx with it problem solved. If he wants an organized gui then he can always go for the sxos later in the future. Most ppl want to save money, but there are those who also want to have compact convenience with their experience it boggles down on his research on what he wants more.

Doesn't matter what he uses a ban risk is always present with a hacked console my firend

Oh that's right, i forgot about the TX Gear. Still, i've heard a lot of reports of the caps in the TX Dongle simply not charging anymore and i know the other 2 dongles use an actual battery and not caps

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Because it's a known fact that .XCI backups have a lower chance of being detected by Nintendo since they spoof the cart slot being used. Note that i said LOWER chance, not ZERO chance
There's also speculation that TX is being rather sloppy.

Reactions: Full Metal

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There actually a major difference! SX is Future Proof and the other is not.
SX OS is not future-proof as evidenced by the advent of ipatched Switch units which are invulnerable to the same exploit all CFWs use; meaning ReiNX, SX OS, and Atmosphere all do not work. Also pointing to that announcement TX made that they have a workaround for such units is not a guarantee either as if they really did have an exploit for these units, why not release it immediately and start profiting from being the only CFW that can be loaded on those?

Reactions: Full Metal

theguyver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always recommend to my pals to get the sxos pro. Before people start crucifying me, by no means am I a sxos fanboy. I know they are considered shady for stealing code, making profits off other peoples work and yady yady but to me its the simplest solution to explain to people that have ZERO knowledge on "hacking" and they dont mind paying the price for less than a retail game. They just go to a website, pay for it . Comes with all the tools (jig and dongle) and simple UI to use and a good updates (which may be also stolen code....i know). Its not about supporting thieves or shady practices or whos better or with XCIs loading or anything. Its simply about what would be easier for the common noob.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TX has a cheaper dongle version too The SX Gear which makes it easier to use different cfw. But yeah the only thing he should worry about is which dongle is the cheapest and just run Reinx with it problem solved. If he wants an organized gui then he can always go for the sxos later in the future. Most ppl want to save money, but there are those who also want to have compact convenience with their experience it boggles down on his research on what he wants more.

Doesn't matter what he uses a ban risk is always present with a hacked console my firend
It is greatly reduced if you use xci instead of nsp...

hipmp5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@gamemasteru03 there is a user here who only used XCI backups of his own with the right keys and he still got banned so SX is just a little safer not ban proof.

Krenogin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it’s the truth isn’t it? The thread owner can make him a nice dual boot of his nand and update it to whatever while keeping his switch on whatever firmware. And has the tools for a nand dump built in.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well it’s the truth isn’t it? The thread owner can make him a nice dual boot of his nand and update it to whatever while keeping his switch on whatever firmware. And has the tools for a nand dump built in.

Except:
A)Risk of brick is higher
B)Risk of BAN is higher

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is SX OS more user friendly than the alternatives?

I wouldn't say it is. Sure it takes one or two less steps than the free alternatives but that's about it

gnilwob

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I tried both reinx and sx os/pro.
I have full collection of both XCI and NSP (according to www.nswdb.com)

This is my preferred personal choice. (I am not saying which one is better, just state the fact and my personal experience on specific topic.)
If you want to test a lot of games and save times, go for XCI which mean SX OS/Pro.
For XCI, you only have to spend time to transfer XCI file to your memory card. (80MB/s on Samsung evo+ 128GB is good enough for me).
For NSP, you have to spend time to transfer NSP file to your memory card then spend time to install it.
Repeating this for 10+ games is a tedious task.

Reactions: Krenogin

Unknown27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few days ago some dude ran comprehensive tests that show NSP loads faster over XCI. I'd link the thread but I'm too new of a user to post links.

If anyone is interested it's under the Switch Haxing subreddit titled: Switch Speed Tests: U1 vs U3 MicroSD cards & XCI vs NSP content

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few days ago some dude ran comprehensive tests that show NSP loads faster over XCI. I'd link the thread but I'm too new of a user to post links.

If anyone is interested it's under the Switch Haxing subreddit titled: Switch Speed Tests: U1 vs U3 MicroSD cards & XCI vs NSP content
Oh yeah, someone linked me that video earlier today. I'll post the video for you so it can be spread faster and easier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/7EHimfmhrok?si=xpxDoYFxnBtuAR7P