Hacking Question Should i get Reinx or SX OS

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
do you seriously think that'll be possible on sx os only forever lol, and it already exists by installing it i thought

Not to mention the third party dongles like the r4 and the Atmosphere ones do claim they can run most .XCI files via mounting. I don't know how true this claim is or not but it's there

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This would be a good argument if the Switch was a retro console.
Games are still coming out, and you cannot planify for all the new games that will come out.

XCI >>>>>>> NSP
Hence SX OS > All
You cannot load game updates nor DLC as an .XCI file therefore .NSP is superior objectively.

Reactions: Lacius

Krenogin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot load game updates nor DLC as an .XCI file therefore .NSP is superior objectively.
Nsp isn’t superior in th fact that you can drag and drop xci files. And if you wanna swap it out just drag it off the card and put another xci in place, store it for later.

Also, I have added dlc and updates to xci files.

Reactions: tpax and NeoSlyde

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nsp isn’t superior in th fact that you can drag and drop xci files. And if you wanna swap it out just drag it off the card and put another xci in place, store it for later.

False. You loaded DLC and updates in the form of .NSP files. What I was referring to was loading DLC and game updates as .XCI files themselves not adding them to .XCI files. Meaning you still needed .NSP support to install them in the first place. This is an undeniable fact. Everything else afterwards is subjective.

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
False. You loaded DLC and updates in the form of .NSP files. What I was referring to was loading DLC and game updates as .XCI files themselves not adding them to .XCI files. Meaning you still needed .NSP support to install them in the first place. This is an undeniable fact. Everything else afterwards is subjective.
So you agree that XCI + NSP updates and dlc = the best way to go

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Way to twist someone's words...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

.NSP takes you all of ONE extra step, wow that so much more hard work

Reactions: Meriadoc and Lacius

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can load all of my games as .NSP files as well as their updates and respective DLC just fine and without a ban. While you can do the same for .XCI files, installing those updates and DLC involves conforming to the same rules as installing .NSP games. And some updates and DLC are quite large, in fact larger than most games that are in .XCI format such as L.A. Noire and Wolfenstein. The subjective advantages of .XCI loading do not immediately outweigh the objective disadvantages the file format has. In other words, adding updates and DLC in .NSP format to .XCI games means you inherently admit that .NSP is superior since you cannot load them otherwise. So I repeat: .NSP is superior to .XCI objectively.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can load all of my games as .NSP files as well as their updates and respective DLC just fine and without a ban. While you can do the same for .XCI files, installing those updates and DLC involves conforming to the same rules as installing .NSP games. And some updates and DLC are quite large, in fact larger than most games that are in .XCI format such as L.A. Noire and Wolfenstein. The subjective advantages of .XCI loading do not immediately outweigh the objective disadvantages the file format has. In other words, adding updates and DLC in .NSP format to .XCI games means you inherently admit that .NSP is superior since you cannot load them otherwise. So I repeat: .NSP is superior to .XCI objectively.
I couldn't have put it better myself.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I use my own XCI dumps with cert for playing online for months: never banned.
Playing online with your dumps in NSP format will make you banned (no cert support with nsp)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use my own XCI dumps with cert for playing online for months: never banned.
Playing online with your dumps in NSP format will make you banned (no cert support with nsp)
That is a moot point since you already bought the games to play them online. I can literally do the same thing with .NSP files and avoid a ban the same exact way.

elridge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
My best advice: Try to hack your switch with a homemade jig and load either RajNX or ReiNX. Try them out and see if they suit your needs. If you feel comfortable enough, then you are already done. If not, you can always buy SX OS.

That was my case: Before hacking my switch, i was leaning heavily towards SX. You know what everyone says, the user interface, the XCI loading, the SX team being active and releasing updates fairly often... Even more so, everyone agrees that the jig and dongle bundled with the SX PRO are worth the money even if you decide to switch to a free alternative later.
But then, i checked the prices for the SX PRO and they were either absurd (up to $75!), out of stock or the seller was too shady for my liking. So i thought i could just go for SX OS, but i needed to hack my switch first.
I ended up using the paperclip method (i used this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/paperclip-rcm-jig.502087/ and this helpful unit conversion a reddit user made https://i.imgur.com/jBQDVlb.jpg) and after a few tries i finally got to rcm. After updating everything, credit card in hand, i thought... "Why not try a free option first and see how it works?"

And so it is that I'm still using RajNX. NSPs and tinfoil are so freaking easy to use that there was no point on changing it. All those selling points i listed for SX OS just don't weight enough once you see how easy it is. You might end up loading a memcard full of games, and just forgetting all about custom firmwares and hacks and all that. That's how easy it is, so give it a go and test for yourself.

Reactions: Meriadoc

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi everybody,

i want to hack my switch after crappy online feature Nintendo had release , so please advise what do you think should i go for SX OS, or Reinx , what are the are the pros and cons if i choose one of those .

PS : there are embargo on my country so shipping dongle is not available .

Thanks in advance .
Right now it doesn't matter too much, but later on the gap between paid and free options might become bigger. You always have the option of using both if in the future one has features the other doesn't. XCIs should be slightly safer for online use, but online with CFW isn't safe regardless.
SX was the first to have 6.0 support, although they botched that a bit and had to revise it, they still had 6.0 working long before anyone else. Not a huge deal if you can't use online anyway, but might become a bigger deal in the future.
So with SX you are essentially paying for quick updates. But who knows how long that will last, it might end up like Gateway 3DS where the free options receive much better support and more features.
TBH, as of right now, I can't think of a good reason to use SX over the free options. There are cheaper dongles if you're after that, and nothing really setting SX OS apart from the free options. It's still early days, but right now they just seem to be stealing code from the free options and not really making an effort to set SX apart from the rest.

D

Deleted User

Any thread of sx os vs others. Summarized.
Sx os fanboys come in says that sx os is superior and has constant updates
Community cfw people come in telling it's not superior (especially when those constant updates technically are from the community cfw, but whatever. SX OS fanboys are going to defend)
SX OS fanboys defend SX OS saying that xci loading is the greatest advantage and claims that other community cfws are difficult to use
community cfw people are then triggered, because they know that is false, it's pretty easy.
SX os fanboys then go into the format wars trying to claim xci's are better.
Community fanboys come in and tells that XCI'S are useless... which at this stage it is. Since I haven't heard of any switch game only releasing on a physical copy and nothing else. Along with easily able to install them.
SX OS fanboys make community cfw sound unreasonably difficult
And look at the time, this is stupid.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only downside to nsp games is you need double the space "IF" you have the said nsp game on the sd card for installation.
Should he get Reinx or sxos? why not get both? doesn't hurt to have alternatives the more options the better. Doesn't matter who is a fanboy in the end its just warmongering bantering over on what to use for pirating...

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The only downside to nsp games is you need double the space "IF" you have the said nsp game on the sd card for installation.
Should he get Reinx or sxos? why not get both? doesn't hurt to have alternatives the more options the better. Doesn't matter who is a fanboy in the end its just warmongering bantering over on what to use for pirating...

Hey if it's about spending money why not get the free alternative and a r4s or atmosphere dongle which are much cheaper and just AS good as the TX one(possibly better or so i heard)

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey if it's about spending money why not get the free alternative and a r4s or atmosphere dongle which are much cheaper and just AS good as the TX one(possibly better or so i heard)
TX has a cheaper dongle version too The SX Gear which makes it easier to use different cfw. But yeah the only thing he should worry about is which dongle is the cheapest and just run Reinx with it problem solved. If he wants an organized gui then he can always go for the sxos later in the future. Most ppl want to save money, but there are those who also want to have compact convenience with their experience it boggles down on his research on what he wants more.
Do you care about getting banned? If so get SX OS. If not get reinx.
Doesn't matter what he uses a ban risk is always present with a hacked console my firend

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: 4th wife