Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to say the Xbox 360. The Playstation 3 has it's share of exclusives, but save for MGS4 none of them are that mind blowing. The 360 Pro is supposed to be dropping to $300 soon. $200 less then the PS3 for pretty much the same games, with better online, it's not that tough of a choice.

And for the people that say both, if he had the $800+ to get both he wouldn't be making this thread would he.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
A lot games for PS3 and 360 are same.

I think 360 because its $200 less, only get it if you don't mine a 10% of getting 3 red ring of death error; Go for PS3 if you have $200 more and a HDTV because of the blu-ray player.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Gaisuto said:
The Playstation 3 has it's share of exclusives, but save for MGS4 none of them are that mind blowing.
So wrong.

Besides, if you mention the better online mode, you should at least be fair enough to mention the connected extra costs - X360 + one year of XBox Live = 350 bucks. And who says the PS3 won't get a price cut on E3?
Just wait till tuesday and we'll see.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd say wait till after E3 and decide. But one major plus for the 360 is that you can flash it. I think I've played all my systems for a good money's worth of time. I will be getting a PS3(only current gen thing I don't have) in a couple months though, or hope my roommate has one.
nyanya.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Vater Unser said:
Gaisuto said:
The Playstation 3 has it's share of exclusives, but save for MGS4 none of them are that mind blowing.
So wrong.

Besides, if you mention the better online mode, you should at least be fair enough to mention the connected extra costs - X360 + one year of XBox Live = 350 bucks. And who says the PS3 won't get a price cut on E3?

This. People on this site never change...

XeonZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vater Unser said:
Gaisuto said:
So wrong.

Okay and who's to say the 360 won't get a price cut at E3? Not to mention you can get a 360 cheaper than $300.

Anywho, wait 'till E3, think of what genres you prefer and do some research of you own I'd say.

Hydromancer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would suggest the PS3 simply because I see it as being a more 'future proof' investment, but I may be biased as I prefer RPGs and FFXIII is going to be the best of the lot (fingers crossed). The choice is really yours and you should really consider the games available now and those that will be available in the future (say in one year).

The Xbox 360 and PS3 both have a plethora of FPS games, most of which are multiplatform.

Xbox 360 is getting some good games in the future like gears of war 2, fable 2, infinite undiscovery and star ocean 4.

The PS3 is going to get some great games such as FFXIII, FF Versus XIII, God of war 3, white knight story, valkyria chronicles, disgaea 3, little big planet, GT 5, resistance 2 etc.

Xbox 360 has Halo, gears of war, fable. PS3 has MGS4, ratchet and clank (I love this game!), Resistance

Both have GTAIV, CoD, oblivion, assassin's creed. Both will get Fallout 3, the last remnant. Both are likely to get a price cut at e3.

PS3 has a blue ray player (which are the way to the future, especially since toshiba's given up on HD DVD) built in. Blue ray players on their on cost at least £200 in the UK while PS3 40GB sells for around £290. The PS3 is sure to 'outlive' the Xbox 360 and has so far proven itself to be more reliable.

Xbox 360, however, delivers great games NOW while ps3 has to wait some time for its best games.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
XeonZ said:
Vater Unser said:
Besides, if you mention the better online mode, you should at least be fair enough to mention the connected extra costs - X360 + one year of XBox Live = 350 bucks.
Okay and who's to say the 360 won't get a price cut at E3? Not to mention you can get a 360 cheaper than $300.
Actually 360 Pro after $50 price drop + one year of XBOX Live is $350 before taxes.
So he already took into account price drop at E3.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XeonZ said:
Vater Unser said:
Gaisuto said:
So wrong.

Anywho, wait 'till E3, think of what genres you prefer and do some research of you own I'd say.
I'm going by what I've seen and played. Gran Turismo is a good racer, but Forza and Grid exist too and are great replacements. Folklore reminded me of a mix between Kameo and Fable. To me every single Ratchet and Clank are the exact same game, and the PS3 one didn't stand out at all. Heavenly Sword is essentially God of War with boobs. LittleBigPlanet seems to be the type of thing that will lose it's appeal within a few months of it being released. Uncharted looks interesting, and then of course MGS4 was pure greatness.

I think the PS3 is an amazing console, but it's library still isn't up to snuff just yet. It's getting there though. And also I'd pay $50 a year for an amazing online experience then nothing with a mediocre one. Atleast PSN is better then the Wii's.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WangerZ said:
my brother has been thinking whether or not he should get a ps3 or 360...any opinions?

Well my opinion is for you to read up on both systems and try them out if you can, at a Gamestop or something. Then make a decision based upon your OWN experiences.

NEVER open a thread like this cuz it'll just turn into a fanboy flamewar
tongue.gif

But, to answer your question, 360 by far!!!!
bow.gif

XeonZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
deathfisaro said:
XeonZ said:
Vater Unser said:
Besides, if you mention the better online mode, you should at least be fair enough to mention the connected extra costs - X360 + one year of XBox Live = 350 bucks.
Actually 360 Pro after $50 price drop + one year of XBOX Live is $350 before taxes.
So he already took into account price drop at E3.

Well I was specifically talking about the Arcade version, which is $280 before taxes.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xbox 360 ($280) + wireless adapter (???$$) + live subscription ($50 a year) + control charger or batteries if you want wireless controller ($20 or more depending on whih you choose)
total = $350+ if you want to play online and use your controller wirelessly

Ps3 ($400) + you get everything listed above included with this price + a bluray player

so price is about even. choose by the games and by what console you think will last you longer.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Most 360 games are getting ports to the PS3.. the ones that aren't getting PS3 ports, are getting PC ports (takes some time.. but they come out).

The same can't be said about PS3 games..

So, if you have a good gaming PC, get a PS3..

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
XeonZ said:
Well I was specifically talking about the Arcade version, which is $280 before taxes.
Well since Pro is gonna be $299.99, I don't know how much price cut Arcade is getting, if any. And whether the price difference is going to be enough to make people buy Arcade over Pros.
The only reason I'd get an Arcade is because I already have 360 HDD. If I didn't, Pro all the way. It's easier to buy a console without HDD than buying HDD separately IMO.

And people's preferences of exclusive games are personal, there's no right or wrong.
You can't force people to like or dislike something. That's called brainwashing.

I've played Galaxy, Brawl (multiplayer only), Mario Kart (multiplayer only), Wii Fit, and still don't find them appealing enough to buy a Wii.
Super Paper Mario looks good. And other games like Gundam Scad Hammer (strange?) and No More Heroes. (Also Taiko no Tatsujin but I don't think it has outside-of-Japan releases planned)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    fuck elvis. lol :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My type c cable is starting to die guess I better order one from my desk
    sounds like something Ween would play
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    And here I thought I was the only one that buy cables in bulk
    Nope. Theres two of you! Haha
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They're so cheap now why not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like the L angle connectors which add more force to it I guess which defeats the point
    i only buy new ones when theres a new standard and I have gear that uses it. Otherwise my cables seem to last forever.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Ween made a song about waving dicks in the wind.
    +1
    L angle cables are amazing when needed.
    @SylverReZ Yup. Been a longtime fan of Ween. Not a mega-fan by any means but I'm pretty familiar with most of their tunes.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like the wee
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I like electronics that use detachable cables, that way if the cable breaks you can just swap in a new one instead of replacing the whole unit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Ween-er :creep:
    they make brown music. lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Brown note
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    for keyboards, headphones or controllers ,it's a must have
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why mice won't get with detachable type c
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    most battery operated mice don't even work anymore if the internal battery dies
    the L hdmi adapters work great on my tv and receiver. so much less stress on the ports using them than regular cables. in that instance anyway.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A bigger battery could defeat the need for weighted magnets tbf
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Nowadays pc mice come as light as can be, liked mine with some heft
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like holding girth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I also listen to Beck, some of their songs are fine. Only found out about them through Windows Me; you know, that one operating system nobody ever likes?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, I also listen to Beck, some of their songs are fine. Only found out about them...