ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Please take any replies you get with a grain of salt.
Most members here have Xbox 360s so they will be biased.

IMO, you should just look at both consoles Libraries, Features, Controllers, and anything else you might be interested in.

Only then, will you believe you have made the right purchase, imo.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Your brother should make a list of exclusive games he's interested in, regardless of whether the game's been released or not. (And since you look like you're interested in playing with him, maybe you could help him out with the list a little bit too?)
I'd recommend that he follow the bigger list.

It's like the 5th time saying that almost exact phrase here on GBATemp. I believe that's one of the only ways he'll be content with his decision.

There were games I wasn't interested in, but since magazine reviews weren't bad and people recommended I tried them out. Turned out, most of the time I felt like they were waste of money.
Consoles are no different IMO.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
360, because a $279 purchase + some modding skills = $$$$$$ in free games, 80% of which are also available on the PS3

AlexElder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree with the above on looking at the exclusive games for each system. That is one of the major factors in which system will be for you.

But to go further on that point, I would make sure that something like a Metal Gear, or a Halo etc... should get extra "point" when you look at them because those are game that are pretty much system sellers. Not all exclusive games are system sellers. And make sure you know what you would buy a system for too, not what others would.

Look into Xbox Live VS PS3 online. I personally don't play online all the time so PS3 online is more appealing to me. I'm more of a PC online gamer.

Does blu ray matter to you? If you have a 1080p tv, or are likely to get one in the future, you will be able to get the most out of the blu ray player. Blu rays are the future. By next year I see them being affordable and yes they are significantly better than DVD's.

Does modding matter to you? If so 360 all the way on that one. This could be a huge deciding factor for anyone, but if you want to play Xbox Live then there is always a risk you can get banned with a mod.

I believe those are basically all the things you and your bro should be looking into.

Good luck with your choice, either way you will be happy. I can't complain with either of my systems.

Soopy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fischju said:
360, because a $279 purchase + some modding skills = $$$$$$ in free games, 80% of which are also available on the PS3

ha more than 80%, more like 90%
biggrin.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I personally like both, but it really depends on what you're looking for.

PS3:
Pros-
- Will last longer than 360 because of the Blu-ray
- Blu-ray
- Some good games, and MGS4.
- Free online.
- Excellent list of upcoming games.

- Cons
- Lacks good games, compared to the 360, as of the moment.
- Some games require you to install them.
- Pricey for a game console still.

360:
- Pros
- Great library of games so far (Better library, in my opinion)
- Good games within the near future, such as Fable 2, or GoW 2
- Online is better than the PS3
- 3 year warrenty
- No mandatory installing.

Cons-
- You have to pay for the online. Although not very much for 13 months, and even goes on sales every once in awhile.
- Still has the highest chance of overheating, although Microsoft managed to cut down the percentage to a small number.
- Isn't going to last as long, due to hardware limitations.

My own opinions. That is all. Also, I find it funny that people say the PS3 has more RPG games, than the 360, which is funny, since the 360 actually does have more.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget that "exclusive" games such as Metal Gear have a tendency to come out for the other systems after a couple of years.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
My own opinions. That is all. Also, I find it funny that people say the PS3 has more RPG games, than the 360, which is funny, since the 360 actually does have more.

Right now, maybe, but that is changing fast. There isn't as much Japanese support for the 360.

-------

DeVante, you will not see MGS4 on another system of the current gen. It's going to be exclusive, just like MGS3 was.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I picked the 360 over a PS3 when I bought my console because of the community features... And plus Gears is really awesome, I know I'm late in getting it but the multiplayer is like... really addicting for some reason, and its the best coop experience I've had on any system so far. Plus Gears 2 is coming before the holidays. And Halo 3 coop is also really fun though you don't have to work together as much as Gears.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well you'd be surprised how many games are exclusives and yet don't get shed any light.
Bad exclusive games are still bad games, and good multiplatform games are still good games. PS3 and 360 sharing good games isn't a bad thing.

It's a way overestimate but even if 90% of games were multi-platform, I'd still pick one good multiplatform game over 9 junk exclusives.

ONLY ON XBOX360
v
ONLY ON XBOX360 AND WINDOWS
v
Sorry we're porting Bioshock to PS3.

Did Bioshock lose its greatness by going multiplatform? I doubt it.

P.S. Eternal Sonata for PS3 is only coming out in Japanese. Due to plunked 360 sales in Japan, their "JRPG" sales in Japan is flunked. That's the only reason PS3 is getting a port. So Bandai Namco can juice the cash out of Japanese PS3 gamers and make Tales of Vesperia =P

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guh! The day I make a topic like "Which X console Should I get?" or "Should I get X game first or Y game?" is the day I need to walk into my room and hang myself while broadcasting it LIVE on Stickam.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs