PS1/2 Should i get a ps3 or 360?

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
360, more value for the price. And soon it'll even have MORE value, because of the price drop
wink.gif

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
360. Flash the drive and backups are GO.

Also, pretty much all games which are released on both 360 and PS3 have better graphics on the 360 version as it is the lead platform.

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will say this again.
The 360 because it has a huge ass library of games,and a better online experience.
QUOTE said:
So, if you have a good gaming PC, get a PS3..
The games that get ported to the PC sold well,and even if you do pirate them,it still isn't the same as playing them on the 360.

Seriously the 360 is win.

XeonZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bob Loblaw said:
xbox 360 ($280) + wireless adapter (???$$) + live subscription ($50 a year) + control charger or batteries if you want wireless controller ($20 or more depending on whih you choose)
total = $350+ if you want to play online and use your controller wirelessly

Ps3 ($400) + you get everything listed above included with this price + a bluray player

so price is about even. choose by the games and by what console you think will last you longer.

The wireless adapter isn't cheap and it can cost up to $100 depending on where you look, which is kinda irritating.
sleep.gif
;

cyr0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Buy a 360. Who gives a damn about Blu-Ray? When I am buying a CONSOLE to play GAMES I don't need Blu-Ray. And if you want a mutlimedia System you can still stick with the Xbox360 because you can watch movies (in HD!) and hear music from your PC. But at the end you have to decide.

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You really can't go wrong either way. I bought a 360 and I love the decision I made. There's plenty of good games available, plus it has been cracked so if you want to you can mod it and play burned games on it.

PS3 is also a good option. Personally I don't care about Blu-Ray in the least but the games are finally starting to come around with MGS4 being released and God of War 3 preparing to be announced. In my opinion there still isn't enough on the PS3 to constitute a purchase now but I have no doubt that I'll pick one up before the end of this generation.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Eternal Myst said:
I will say this again.
The 360 because it has a huge ass library of games,and a better online experience.
QUOTE said:
The games that get ported to the PC sold well,and even if you do pirate them,it still isn't the same as playing them on the 360.

It is if you buy a 360 controller and plug it in your PC
tongue.gif

Most of them are shooters anyway, which work better with Keyboard+Mouse
smile.gif

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
mr deez said:

Also, pretty much all games which are released on both 360 and PS3 have better graphics on the 360 version as it is the lead platform.
...No?

PS3 have better graphics, just change some option in Display Settings.
lecture.gif

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
Eternal Myst said:
I will say this again.
QUOTE said:

tongue.gif

smile.gif
Not really worth playing them on the PC.Even if your PC is beefy shit.

Xbox 360 games that are ported to the PC are inferior,and can't really be compared.Playing them on the console is better.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Eternal Myst said:
CockroachMan said:
Eternal Myst said:
I will say this again.
QUOTE said:

tongue.gif

smile.gif

Xbox 360 games that are ported to the PC are inferior,and can't really be compared.Playing them on the console is better.
LOL you got it ass-backwards actually.

http://reviews.cnet.com/pc-games/gears-of-...7-32513038.html

The graphics in Gears of War have never looked better than they do in the PC version, though that, of course, depends on your machine. If you can exceed the game's system requirements, the game looks pretty amazing at higher resolutions and delivers a good, smooth frame rate. It certainly looks much better and sharper than the Xbox 360 version of the game, and it does so without looking like the typical console-to-PC translation.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eternal Myst said:

Are you kidding me?
Mass Effect is much better on PC.

Weapons are mapped to the function keys and your biotic/tech powers are assigned to the number keys. So you rarely ever have to use the Pauses.
The inventory system is much easier to manage with a mouse and keyboard.
Keyboard hotkeys allow quick access to the map and squad upgrade screens, and the quicksave button is a great way to ensure you won't have to do too much backtracking.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you upgrade your PC with $350, it's gonna have better graphics than running on either console. Even if you choose to spend $130 on a BD drive instead of a DVD drive, the rest of the money is enough to console pwning specs.
The only time consoles have better price-to-performance ratio than PCs is only a short time after their launch.

And if the PC is beefy shit, well....
You're talking about PCs that can run Crysis with all setting on Very High on 1920x1200 resolution at 45+fps right?

Edit: Personally, the only thing keyboard+mouse lacks is rumble. That can be fixed by using a controller (be it 360 controller, DS3, some random small company junk).
Of course, my PC barely handling 2006 games, I play multiplatform games on consoles - FPS without a doubt and even RTS.

Consoles offer enough performance to draw gamers in, but top-notch graphics is another story.

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
SkH said:
mr deez said:

...No?

PS3 have better graphics, just change some option in Display Settings.
lecture.gif

Pretty commonly held misconception, sadly not true - on cross platform games 360 has better graphics in virtually every instance.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not true at all.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/console-wars/ps3-...ound-322633.php

The ps3 has 7 proccessors and the almighty cell.

360 only has 3 processors.

Gametrailers used PS3 footage for both the 360 and ps3 version if you remember that fiasco.

edit: also here's an article from gamepro

http://www.gamepro.com/microsoft/xbox360/g...es/164728.shtml

they said the ps3 versions of the multi-platform games listed all have the upperhand except for, contradicting the first article, assassins creed because they say the 360 version wasn't as "dark". (maybe they don't know about in game brightness controls..)
it says only in the beginning of the ps3s life were 360 games running better due to developers limited knowledge of the ps3. now the tables have turned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-