Should i buy a wiiu and is game stops web site reliable for buying a wiiu

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is like buying something not knowing exactly the condition you are getting, when you buy from other marketplace you get to see the condition of the items.

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A used Wii U isn't any cheaper than a used v1 Nintendo Switch IMO. They're just easier to find. You'll still have to purchase a storage option for storing games, such as a flash drive or an external hard drive. You'll still have to purchase joycons to be able to play Wii games. At any rate, a v1 Nintendo Switch might even be more affordable than a Wii U.

pigy33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really depends on what you have already, if you have a Wii and a Switch then tbh you’re not missing out on much from the WiiU library. If you don’t have a Wii then I would say it’s good because you basically get a Wii U, Wii, and GameCube all in one console using Teconmoon to install any of these consoles games as Wii U channels.

As someone who plays Nintendo consoles pretty much exclusively for local pvp multiplayer Wii U library isn’t bad it’s just not that big, especially considering all the games they copied over to the Switch. The best your probably missing out on is Wii Sports Resort which is an upgraded Wii Sports with the new motion controls plus which makes for the most immersive Nintendo Tennis yet and imo is better than Wii/Switch Sports tennis. Also Mario Party 10 has a really unique board type games where you use the Gamepad and amiibos interacting with it along with a decent party mode similar to Mario Party 9 and some great extras games. Also utilizing the Gamepad is useful for Wii U Party, Nintendo Land, Zombie U, Black Ops 2, 007 Legends (5 Player), Splatoons (can split screen between Gamepad and TV).

Last edited by pigy33,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A used Wii U isn't any cheaper than a used v1 Nintendo Switch
I payed 30 € for one Wii U, 50 € for another. Both where with gamepad, all cables needed, sensorbar and so on. In other words: All that's needed where with them. Also they where in great conditions (no scratches, gamepad batteries almost like new. Hell, one of theme even had protection stickers still on it). Also there where no shipping costs whatsoever. The 30 € one even had a game in the disc drive.

Now when I look for Nintendo Switch I see them starting at 100 € but that's without cables, without joycons and so on and in bad condition. So where to get a Nintendo Switch with all accesoires needed and in good condition for max 50 € (inkl shipping) ?

Reactions: depaul

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have all systems exept one (the Switch)....and WIIU is a MUST because the best for playing wii and wiiu games, the gamepad makes it the one of the BEST for retrogaming more precisely ALL Atari (2600,5200,7800) DOS, INTELLIVISION, C64, NES, GB, GBC, GBA, NEC PC-88 and 98 SNES, NEOGEO, PS1, NEC, MSX...concerning N64 none is very good yet.
It's AMIGA is AMAZING!! best interface ever for that system EVEN better than UAE concerning interface......
Too bad the amstrad emulator wiituka is imperfect in interface and there is no FM-TOWN emulator.
The Wiiu stops to DS , PSP and PS2 emulation (a bit too slow but for the first two it depends)

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, if you don't have (and can't afford) a Switch.
If you have a Switch, almost the entire Wii U library is on there and Wii/GC games are better in Dolphin anyway.
The Wii U is a great powerful system. It has nearly all of the exact same games that got ported over to the Switch, and can be modded super easily without needing to buy a specific hardware revision and modchip it. Do be careful that the e-MMCs can die and will have to be replaced with a Wii U NAND-AID or recovered using a Raspberry Pi.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U is a great powerful system. It has nearly all of the exact same games that got ported over to the Switch, and can be modded super easily without needing to buy a specific hardware revision and modchip it. Do be careful that the e-MMCs can die and will have to be replaced with a Wii U NAND-AID or recovered using a Raspberry Pi.

Just watch out for SK Hynix EMMC, Toshiba and Samsung are fine.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just watch out for SK Hynix EMMC, Toshiba and Samsung are fine.
I always knew that Hynix chips would be the culprit of the problem. Perhaps the 3DS will be the same too? Frankly, I don't think so. Most units consists of either a Toshiba or Samsung e-MMC iirc.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ya I'm broke but should I buy a wiiu from game stops website and
Also, you probably shouldn't buy it from GameStop. They don't tend to have the best deals on used stuff.
At the very least check that you're not getting ripped off before buying (you can compare with eBay sold listings)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1