Details about wiiu homebrewing

Details about wiiu homebrewing

Hello everyone. I'm planning on hacking my wiiu using Tiramisu, since it looks kind of easy to do. However, I have a lot of original games with lots of hours on them.

Tha main reason I want to do it is:

1- Add some new games, you can't buy them anymore.

2- Play Gamecube games with better quality than Nintendont on Wii.

3- Play Wii games.

4- Maybe some emulators.

Now, you'll say "well, those are the usual suspects for homebrewing a wiiu", but I have some questions:

1- I saw you can put games on the SD card and install them. Will they work like digital games downloaded from the eshop? Will I be able to preserve all my bought games and save data? Like I said, I just want to only add games.

2- Since I'm planning on use Nintendont and other emulators, will I be able to put the games on folders in the same drive that I'm using for wiiu games? Through a pc, just copy paste.

I'm aksing this since I have a 1tb external disc. I have a partition for Wii games (using Wii backup manager) and a normal partition that I'm willing to use for the wiiu. I plan on passing all the info from the old wiiu disc to the new one, install Tiramisu, add wiiu games, install some emulators, put games and homebrew the vwii. Is this possible without losing anything?

Trophies
XP
1- I saw you can put games on the SD card and install them. Will they work like digital games downloaded from the eshop? Will I be able to preserve all my bought games and save data? Like I said, I just want to only add games.

Yes, you can download a game's NUS files to the SD Card and install them to the console and have it function exactly as a Digitally installed title without interfering or overwriting your existing save data. The tools I recommend for this is either Xpl0itU's WiiUDownloader or V10lator's NUSspli

2- Since I'm planning on use Nintendont and other emulators, will I be able to put the games on folders in the same drive that I'm using for wiiu games? Through a pc, just copy paste.

Yes. I forgot the specific process to add your Nintendont games to external drive, but I know it's possible. You can also store your Gamecube ISOs for Nintendont on your SD-Card. However, a better method (imo) is creating Gamecube VC Injects which will create a digital title on your Wii U Menu that stores the ROM and loads it in the emulator like it was a regular title.

Is this possible without losing anything?

It should be. But if you're paranoid about losing save data, then I recommend using SaveMii which will allow you to backup save data for specific titles to the SD-Card. You can the re-install any titles you want, and push the save data to it. This even works for transferring save data to different consoles. So I highly doubt you'll lose anything. ;)

Reactions: Maosaurio

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo"